Giveaway October's EPOS | SENNHEISER GSP 370 headset giveaway from SpecialEffect is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHaag

Staff member
Jan 3, 2020
Visit site
October's winner is: programmingjay!
Congratulations!

SE-PCG-New-6.jpg

We’ve teamed up with SpecialEffect to spread the word about this incredible charity. Every month we're giving away an EPOS | SENNHEISER GSP 370 headset to a community member who completes the steps below. October is a very exciting month for SpecialEffect as they host One Special Day on October 2. Read more about One Special Day here!

On to our giveaway for October. First, Sign in to the forums or create a forum account.

Once you're signed in, reply on this thread with a comment telling us what you think about the charity or their initiatives, and where you'd like to see them expand in the future. Then click the link below and complete the entry options.
That's it! Once you've completed the steps, you're entered to win! For more information on the campaign, SpecialEffect, and to see the previous winners, check out the original post.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.

"PC Gamer's SpecialEffect Awareness Campaign - October!"(“Sweepstakes”) begins at 10 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 1, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 31, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”).

ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to worldwide. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Future PLC (“Sponsor”), and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, including any vendors providing services in connection with this Sweepstakes, and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible. Void where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.

HOW TO ENTER: To enter, submit your entry during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the directions to enter the Sweepstakes. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entrants can only obtain one entry. Entries become the sole property of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it determines, in its sole discretion, is not in compliance with these Official Rules.

-To enter, visit the thread (“Sweepstakes Entry Page”) during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the directions to enter the Sweepstakes. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entrants can only obtain one entry. Entries become the sole property of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it determines, in its sole discretion, is not in compliance with these Official Rules.

WINNER DETERMINATION: Potential winners will be selected by Sponsor in a random drawing on or about November 1, 2020 from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to winner determination are final and binding.

WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be contacted via email and may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release (except where prohibited), and a liability release within five (5) days of date of issuance. Return of a prize or prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by a potential winner will result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner.

Prize.

1x - GSP 370 Sennheiser gaming headset

Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes as well as any costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. Winners may not substitute a prize, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person/email address/household.

PUBLICITY GRANT: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes permission from entrant for Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, social media username, city and state of residence and likeness (including, without limitation, social media profile photo), for advertising and promotional purposes, in any manner, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law and as otherwise provided herein.

GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects; (b) to assume all risk, responsibility and liability for any personal bodily injury, losses, harm, damage (including, without limitation, property damage,personal injury and death), claim (including, without limitation, claims based on copyright or trademark infringement, rights of publicity or privacy,defamation and portrayal in a false light), actions, costs and expenses directly or indirectly arising from participation in this Sweepstakes; and (c) to indemnify, release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor and the irrespective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies and all of the foregoing entities’ respective officers, directors,shareholders, members, agents and employees and their successors and assigns(collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from or relating to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, the operation of this Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance or use of the prize. Released Parties are not responsible for (i) lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate,stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or garbled Entry Actions, entries,tweets or comments or messages; (ii) lost, interrupted or unavailable network,server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections,availability or accessibility or miscommunications; (iii) failed computer,satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure; (iv)jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (v) other errors or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Entry Action or Sweepstakes-related materials; (vi) any incorrect or inaccurate information,whether caused by users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; or (vii) injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or a Sponsor page or social media account, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) and if terminated,at its discretion, select winner at random from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.

DATA COLLECTION: Information submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes will be used in accordance with Sponsor’s Privacy Policy, available at https://www.futureplc.com/privacy-policy/

WINNERS LIST: The names of the winners will be posted on the Sweepstakes Entry Page following the end of the Sweepstakes.

Sponsor: Future PLC, 11 W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036

This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2020
Visit site
What Special Effect is doing, is truly a wonderful thing, I do believe that those with physical disabilities should experience what it's like to do certain things in life, and I think that gaming is one of the most wonderful things, because there's just too many games and so, a lot of gaming content to have fun with!
And I think that this initiative will also help them greatly when it comes to dealing with their difficulties everyday, it will make them feel just like everybody else, and they should feel like that, because we are all human =)
As for where they should expand? I think that it would be nice to see the elderly participating on this as well, not just those with disabilities, :D

Reactions: SWard
Jun 1, 2020
Visit site
My idea would be to try start working directly with developers to make their games more accessible. Perhaps some sort of free advice to help them modify their games to make them work better for different people.

Jan 30, 2020
Visit site
I agree 100% with this iniciative because no one deserves to stay out of something (in this case playing videogames) because they have a limitation. I would love to see some giant tech company support this iniciative!

May 6, 2020
Visit site
SpecialEffect is a great charity and I think it's wonderful there's so many people involved in it. I'd love to see more partnerships with popular brands like EPOS to raise awareness even more about the amazing things that can be done for gamers with disabilities.

Sep 28, 2020
Visit site
It is really nice to learn about Special Effect, I respect your work immensely!
I believe getting to work with hardware developing teams would be a step towards easier access to gaming.
Also, having volunteering teams in other continents (however difficult that is) could help grow your services worldwide.
Thank you for your support to those in need and for the givaway ofcourse! Good luck to all!

Sep 25, 2020
Visit site
It is super cool what specialeffect is doing. I think anything to expand knowledge about this cool charity is a positive thing. Whether that be partnering with streamers and developers or just the streams that already run.

Mar 19, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for raising awareness @MHaag and giving me a chance to contribute feedback. I never heard about yall until today, when I received an email summary from this forum. Good job on the outreach.
  • It's cool to see a charity take initiative with a personalized approach to helping others. It doesn't seem generic like most charities I see (ie. help poor kids in Africa, save dogs from pound).
  • I'd like to see charity expand in the future by having a heavier emphasis on strategy gaming (like Age of Empires, C&C and R.I.S.K.) and less on violent games like FPS and perhaps even creep it's way into the USA. somehow. 😉😜🗽
  • Here is my feedback: https://www.evernote.com/l/AM-sGL2P7bRIpbFYbE43gbo4Uwo0RrZGnLw/
Best of luck t your organization and I hope SpecialEffect hit's their goals and milestones even sooner!

Aug 5, 2020
Visit site
I think it is important that this charity highlights how capable people with disabilities are, especially when given the right tools. Gaming can be an activity that connects people together from all walks of live and I'm glad there are people out there actively trying to enable disabled gamers to better interact with our huge community.

I am happy there are charities that help people with disabilities to game as everyone needs to be able to get lost in the fun of play. As a person with a muscle disorder I am glad some new technology is making my life easier. I will be buying a foot pedal soon so I can use push to talk for gaming with fiends. My fingers aren't great at holding down keys. I would love if the charities could help with low interest loans for those that might not qualify for total help in their program. Living on a fixed income makes it super hard to buy items to improve my life.

Oct 7, 2020
Visit site
I think this initiative is great. As a teacher I work with children with physical disabilities every day. Inclusion into social aspects outside of school or even access to hobbies is something that is often overlooked. Keep up the great work!

Sep 29, 2020
Visit site
I had a Sennheiser HD555 and a Momentum earphones for mobile, greatest pleasure for the ears. It's not plastic, but metal alloy.

May 27, 2020
Visit site
It's nice to help people overcome obstacles in their lives, no matter which nice way you choose to do so.
I think I'd like to see projects that help the elderly and poor people to learn about technology, because it's more and more part of our day.

Sep 29, 2020
Visit site
The work SpecialEffect are doing is wonderful, the one special night was great fun to listen to all the speakers. unfortunately missed out on my luck with the raffle...
It'd be interesting to see what they could do to help those with less-physical disabilities (e.g . more severe cases of dyslexia), whether that can be done through the use of controllers/screens or through education of game developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS