Need help deciding on gaming desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
Hello, I am currently interested in buying a new gaming PC. My current one is about 5 years old. The games I play are, League of legends, WoW, Gw2, and soon Lost Arc (which is why I mainly looking to upgrade).

I have been looking around and two them seem good to be are:
1) Aegis RS 11TG-222US Gaming Desktop
2) ALIENWARE AURORA RYZEN™ EDITION R10 GAMING DESKTOP
3)ALIENWARE AURORA R13 GAMING DESKTOP
https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/gam.../spd/alienware-aurora-r13-desktop/wdr13aur20h

I understand that the hardware in these are a little different, but was just going to get your advise. Or also recommend other options if you know of them. Thanks!

Last edited:

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Of the two, the Alienware PC has better specs, but there are some things to consider. First is obviously the price, the second would be upgradability. The Alienware PC is designed for upgrades, but it has several proprietary items, and one thing that is not very well meant for replacing is the motherboard itself. It can be done, but its a bit of a challenge. The biggest pain is the proprietary PSU that comes in the Alienware, which is also one of the fallible parts of the computer. If it goes you will have to purchase the PSU straight from Alienware (unless you purchase one of their ludacrisly (is that a word?) expensive part replacement plans.

The MSI system, while a little bit less powered, will absolutely cover all your needs for your current games and then some, but I have no personal experience with it comes to how they set up their systems. From the looks of it however, it appears to be using all accessible parts and a fully upgradable frame.

Of course, under almost any circumstances I would suggest building your own PC as it will save you a decent chunk of change, but I understand not everybody wants to do that, and there is the benefit of a warranty when it comes to purchasing out of box PC's.

TLDR; I think the MSI system will meet your needs at a more decent price point than the Alienware. Plus, then you don't have to deal with DELL, which has support on par with most Internet providers (that is to say, its terrible)

Zloth

Community Contributor
Between building your own and buying one that is all figured out for you (and out of stock, by the look of the page), is putting one together on a web page and having somebody else build it. iBuyPower and CyberPower are good for that if you're in the USA.

The specs for Lost Ark are way lower than what you are getting - except for memory. Strange that the game wants 16GB with other specs so low. Maybe just update the memory in the PC you have now?

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
build your own PC and save money
This type of comment is entirely unhelpful. Cjfarrow23 has been kind enough to show what he intends to purchase. If you wish to recommend a build you can create it at pcpartpicker.com and provide a link, but with how long it takes to acquire system parts, it makes sense for this individual to purchase a pre-made system. Especially as they did not ask what parts to purchase to make their system, but provided links to the systems they wish to purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS