Question mouse and keyboard suggestions

General comments: if you can wait a month for Black Friday & Cyber Monday, you should get better prices. Second, try alternatives physically—eg in stores—to get a feel for what suits you.

What genres do you play, and at what level? Eg for competitive FPS , I've seen comments that a wired mouse is faster than wireless. I play FPS with a wireless and am totally happy with it, but I only play single-player for fun. For RPG you might want a mouse with ~20 buttons on it.

Mouse
The G502 looks a fine mouse and has great ratings there, so I doubt you can go wrong if wireless is good for you. The $120 price is as low as it's been in the past 5 months.

I don't know, but these days I get the impression that mice and keyboards are both mature products, so any high-rated one is likely to have performance very like all the other top ones. So it becomes a personal choice of features.

Razer also look fine, $66 is cheapest it's been this year so $69 is a good price.

Keyboard
Your KB did drop to $169 once within last 12 months, been $179 otherwise.
Looks a fine KB—great ratings—but I've never used a mechanical so can't comment. This is where personal use & preferences come into play—I use my PC for more than gaming so I couldn't live without the right-side keypad or programmable keys along the left or top.

My KB & M

For what it's worth, I have finally found my ideal K & M for my diverse needs after decades of futzing around with many alternatives.

Keyboard: Roccat Isku like this one—it was around $60 a few years ago. It has 5 profiles you can setup for different games or genres—or any other non-game apps—where the custom keys are bound to different functions. It also has macro capability tied to 25 keys which saves me time in general work—I use it mostly for auto-typing common awkward phrases I use regularly, eg my email addresses. This all comes in an excellent driver which you need to install & play around with.

In my work profile, I use the 5 special 'M' keys on left and 3 'T' keys below spacebar for very frequent multi-finger tasks—copy, cut, paste, doc top, doc end, select all +copy, etc. Mightn't sound like much, but feels better for me :)

Mouse: Logitech MX Master—still around the $60 I paid some years back. There are newer models available but I like this so much I bought a second last year for whenever current one dies.

I tried a 20+ button one, but could never learn to locate the right button quickly enough with my fat fingers—there's that personal preference thing again :)

Reactions: JSimenhoff
Oct 26, 2020
Visit site
General comments: if you can wait a month for Black Friday & Cyber Monday, you should get better prices. Second, try alternatives physically—eg in stores—to get a feel for what suits you.

What genres do you play, and at what level? Eg for competitive FPS , I've seen comments that a wired mouse is faster than wireless. I play FPS with a wireless and am totally happy with it, but I only play single-player for fun. For RPG you might want a mouse with ~20 buttons on it.

Mouse
The G502 looks a fine mouse and has great ratings there, so I doubt you can go wrong if wireless is good for you. The $120 price is as low as it's been in the past 5 months.

I don't know, but these days I get the impression that mice and keyboards are both mature products, so any high-rated one is likely to have performance very like all the other top ones. So it becomes a personal choice of features.

Razer also look fine, $66 is cheapest it's been this year so $69 is a good price.

Keyboard
Your KB did drop to $169 once within last 12 months, been $179 otherwise.
Looks a fine KB—great ratings—but I've never used a mechanical so can't comment. This is where personal use & preferences come into play—I use my PC for more than gaming so I couldn't live without the right-side keypad or programmable keys along the left or top.

My KB & M

For what it's worth, I have finally found my ideal K & M for my diverse needs after decades of futzing around with many alternatives.

Keyboard: Roccat Isku like this one—it was around $60 a few years ago. It has 5 profiles you can setup for different games or genres—or any other non-game apps—where the custom keys are bound to different functions. It also has macro capability tied to 25 keys which saves me time in general work—I use it mostly for auto-typing common awkward phrases I use regularly, eg my email addresses. This all comes in an excellent driver which you need to install & play around with.

In my work profile, I use the 5 special 'M' keys on left and 3 'T' keys below spacebar for very frequent multi-finger tasks—copy, cut, paste, doc top, doc end, select all +copy, etc. Mightn't sound like much, but feels better for me :)

Mouse: Logitech MX Master—still around the $60 I paid some years back. There are newer models available but I like this so much I bought a second last year for whenever current one dies.

I tried a 20+ button one, but could never learn to locate the right button quickly enough with my fat fingers—there's that personal preference thing again :)

Hey, i'll for sure wait for black friday, since i don't really need my k&m right now, therefore i can wait a little longer.

For my mouse, i'll get a mouse with a standard amount of buttons so something like 8 or maybe 11. That is because, at this moment i'm not planning on playing any RPG games, so i don't need a great amount of buttons.
The mouse you suggested seems fine, but where i live they are pretty expensive and would than be around the same price as the Logitech G502, and in that case my preference goes to the G502. Still haven't decided if i want a wireless or wired mouse, mostly because it doesn't really matter to me. And if i would go of of the prices i would pick the Razer DeathAdder V2.

The keyboard will mainly be used for gaming, therefore i went for a TKL, since i wont be needing those number keys and it was cheaper. Custom keys do sound interesting, but i'll have to figure out if i'm actually going to need them.

I appreciate your help a lot! :)

Reactions: apnatimeprice
haven't decided if i want a wireless or wired mouse, mostly because it doesn't really matter to me
In that case, I recommend wireless. I used wired for decades, until the wireless lag problem disappeared. Wireless is just easier to move and use, you don't get the occasional 'drag' of the wire or have the wire adding another bit of clutter to your desk/table.

Hope you get good prices & enjoy your choices :)

Reactions: apnatimeprice
Jan 30, 2020
Visit site
I'm using G502, and I'm really happy with it, and I would recommend it. I really don't know the details about the keyboard you mentioned, but I got a G413 recently, and it's really good, and I would recommend that as well.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020
Visit site
Hey Winsto :)

I wrote articles about the hardware in question here.
The G502 Lightspeed is a really amazing mouse and unless you're a really hard fan of Razer products I'd actually go with the G502. Top notch product and certainly one of the best mice out there.
As for the Apex Pro. It's pretty decent, innovative and looks really cool but the opinions on the feel of their magnetic switches differ a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
If you're looking for a budget mech keyboard, I really like the Reddragon K552. For a budget keyboard its good quality, fairly heavy, and goes for around $49.99. So far I enjoy using it

TRENDING THREADS