Question Mom here! My 19 year old son has been wanting a PC set up for gaming but Im overwhelmed!

Nov 28, 2023
Visit site
Ive been avoiding this as a present for a while now because its like a whole new universe to me! Can anyone steer me in the direction of a complete set up that would be a really good to just jump in and go. He is interested in building in the future but I want to get him something that is"plug and play" for now. Also what accessories are necessary? I would love for him to be able to just set it up and go. I have no idea about price range as I see it varies depending on (all the things I dont know lol) Anyway any help, good to know info, must haves, must not have, and links would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance for your help introducing me to this world!

Ive been avoiding this as a present for a while now because its like a whole new universe to me! Can anyone steer me in the direction of a complete set up that would be a really good to just jump in and go. He is interested in building in the future but I want to get him something that is"plug and play" for now. Also what accessories are necessary? I would love for him to be able to just set it up and go. I have no idea about price range as I see it varies depending on (all the things I dont know lol) Anyway any help, good to know info, must haves, must not have, and links would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance for your help introducing me to this world!
What country are you located, what is your budget and does he need a monitor and if not what is his monitor resolution?

Find a gaming system that fits in your budget and that has the word "NVIDIA" somewhere in the description. Copy the link and paste it in here. That will give us a starting point. There are so many variables that it will be easier that way.

Do you know what types of games he likes to play? Some big names are Call of Duty, Counter Strike and Fortnite. Or does he enjoy single-player games? Generally speaking, if he wants to play single-player games, he'll need a better PC.

Oct 20, 2023
Visit site
Just trust your child, now children figure everything out so quickly that setting up YOUR computer for games is a piece of cake

Reactions: eltarinkderut
Sep 5, 2023
Visit site
In all honesty, your son is 19 and no longer a child and if he has any mechanical ability at all and has access to YouTube for the many tutorials out there he will be able to assemble his own PC.
As for picking out the components r/buildapcforme is a reddit forum that specializes in recommending build components

In all honesty, your son is 19 and no longer a child and if he has any mechanical ability at all and has access to YouTube for the many tutorials out there he will be able to assemble his own PC.
As for picking out the components r/buildapcforme is a reddit forum that specializes in recommending build components
Nothing wrong with her buying a prebuilt if that's what she wants to do. It's a gift, and she doesn't know anything about gaming PC's and would probably feel uncomfortable buying a bunch of components that she has no real knowledge of even if randoms on the Internet assure her they all work together. That's a lot of money to entrust to the advice of strangers. If she wants to educate herself with some PC building tutorials and feels comfortable buying components, then that's great too.

Reactions: D10S and Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS