Make left menu "sticky"

I can't be the only one with this problem:

Every time I reach the bottom of a thread and want to go back to the "New Posts" page, I press the hamburger menu icon in the top left of the screen and wait for the menu to open, which never happens because it was already open. I had just scrolled too far down. So now I have to scroll all the way back up again and open the menu again.

Would it be possible to have the left menu scroll along with the rest of the page in some way?

If not, I'd also be happy with a "Jump to top" button that scrolls with the page, or even just a static one at the bottom of the thread. Which might be a good idea regardless.

Reactions: Inspireless Llama
Would it be possible to have the left menu scroll along with the rest of the page in some way?
I have asked about this before, as if you don't run forums full screen on a 4k monitor, there is a lot of scrolling involved - at least the little red up arrow works. Then I was shown a screenshot of one of the admin and they do run fullscreen in 4k and I was like, you can't see problem.

slightly related but be nice if that menu remembered if you opened or closed an area up, I don't wish to see contents of Media, for example, everytime I scroll through side menu. If I shut area, can't forums remember so next time I open front page, its already closed?

But then I wish stickies also remembered if you hit the little arrow next to the section.

I won't start again :)

Up/Down arrows were always there, part of the forum software, but you have to scroll a little before they show up.

The down arrow not working is a known bug and will be fixed in an update. Odd thing is its only on this forum as far as I know, the up/down arrows all work on Tom's Hardware and Tom's Guide, so its just on the newer forums.

Reactions: Pifanjr