Question Looking to buy a decent gaming laptop

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Feb 11, 2023
Visit site
Okay, so I'm looking at some desktops right now and I can't believe the specs are so good for such a price??? Unbelievable.

I think it might just pay off more for me to get a good monitor + gear with a solid desktop, to hell with portability lol

Could someone please have a look through these specs? Link is for desktops, price to 300 EUR

Okay, so I'm looking at some desktops right now and I can't believe the specs are so good for such a price??? Unbelievable.

I think it might just pay off more for me to get a good monitor + gear with a solid desktop, to hell with portability lol

Could someone please have a look through these specs? Link is for desktops, price to 300 EUR

Let me send up the Bat Signal. I don't know anything about these low end CPUs.

@Why_Me @Kaamos_Llama

Reactions: Why_Me

Some of those will work fine for an everyday desktop such as surfing the internet, checking emails, youtube, etc ... but I wouldn't recommend any of those for gaming if that is what you are planning.

I played Witcher 3 on a similar set up to the first when it came out at fairly high settings. The GTX 970 is a lot faster than a GTX 660.

Second rig has a 10 core CPU that would be mostly redundant playing TW3, but it also has an SSD. So depends if you want a smoother running more balanced rig with the second, or one that will play TWE3 better like the first.

I know budget is tight, I'll just give a warning that these main components are 10 years old, and they dont last forever, especially the GPU's so be aware they might not last all that long.

Feb 11, 2023
Visit site
I played Witcher 3 on a similar set up to the first when it came out at fairly high settings. The GTX 970 is a lot faster than a GTX 660.

Second rig has a 10 core CPU that would be mostly redundant playing TW3, but it also has an SSD. So depends if you want a smoother running more balanced rig with the second, or one that will play TWE3 better like the first.

I know budget is tight, I'll just give a warning that these main components are 10 years old, and they dont last forever, especially the GPU's so be aware they might not last all that long.

Wait, 10 core is bad? Yeah, I'm aware sadly haha I swear to myself I'll get one in a few years that'll be future proof for the next decades lol

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Wait, 10 core is bad? Yeah, I'm aware sadly haha I swear to myself I'll get one in a few years that'll be future proof for the next decades lol

No its not bad, its just Witcher 3 wont use all of them because thats how games are programmed. Also as its a Xeon its got a low clockspeed compared to the 3570K, meaning the 3570K might actually be a litle faster in most games.

Are you willing to watch a few videos or do you have any friends handy with computer parts who might be able to help you out building a system?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-10100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor (€66.62 @ Galaxus)
Motherboard: Gigabyte H510M H Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard (€67.90 @ Alza)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory (€36.90 @ Alza)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€50.88 @ Galaxus)
Video Card: Inno3D Twin X2 OC GeForce GTX 1650 G6 4 GB Video Card (€168.89 @ Galaxus)
Case: Deepcool MATREXX 55 MESH ATX Mid Tower Case (€56.98 @ Galaxus)
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€57.02 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €505.19
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-03-16 14:51 CET+0100

Use any HD TV with an HDMI port as a screen and pick up a cheap keyboard and mouse bundle and build something like this for that budget. You can install Windows 10/11 via a USB and use it for free totally legally, it will be lacking some features you wouldnt use and it would bug you to register it until you pay but it works.

Its a bit intimidating to start but its not all that hard to do really.

Something like this would easily beat anything from that site you're looking at for the money. It would also all be new, under warranty and upgradeable in the future.

• Love
Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm
Feb 11, 2023
Visit site

I know it's not dedicated graphics, but I saw good review on this one, now I just can't find a benchmark that has both the graphics with the processor, so I'm wondering if anyone has experience with it?

It does have a dedicated GPU, an RX6400. :)

It will play the original Witcher 3 at 1080p at very high settings fairly well with that CPU.

The CPU is a bit faster than an Intel 2500K for reference here.

Hey, back after a while. Not buying a laptop right now but my sister is and I wanna help her out so what about this one:

No, the 940 GPU is terrible. The CPU is too old. You all need a higher budget. You can't get an acceptable gaming laptop for what you are willing to spend. We've already been down this road. It's not going to work.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS