Question Looking to buy a decent gaming laptop

Feb 11, 2023
Visit site
Budget is around 300 EUR

From Serbia

I wanna game and most likely edit photos, too. Witcher 3 with maybe mid settings? and Star Stable with Reshade

I intend to keep this laptop for long, I don't wanna have to buy new soon, at least for several years.

No preferred brand. Sites are Serbian and that's why the budget I have is acceptable actually to get something not potato (anything is better than my current laptop or desktop)

Laptop specifically because of portability, comes with a screen and a keyboard lol

kupujemprodajem.com is the site

Budget is around 300 EUR

From Serbia

I wanna game and most likely edit photos, too. Witcher 3 with maybe mid settings? and Star Stable with Reshade

I intend to keep this laptop for long, I don't wanna have to buy new soon, at least for several years.

No preferred brand. Sites are Serbian and that's why the budget I have is acceptable actually to get something not potato (anything is better than my current laptop or desktop)

Laptop specifically because of portability, comes with a screen and a keyboard lol

kupujemprodajem.com is the site
I have a feeling I'm not using the site correctly because it isn't translating into English for me. I did a search for Laptopovi gtx 1060 and nothing came up at all. With that graphics card, the laptop is from a few generations ago, and you might be able to pick one up in your budget.

If you'd like to find laptops with the following GPU's in them and post them here, we can look at them: GTX 1060, RTX 2060, RTX 3050ti. I tried for awhile and just couldn't find anything. What I did find were newer laptops that were essentially the same price as where I live, and they were significantly over your budget.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Feb 11, 2023
Visit site
Sorry the website might not be friendly to people not Serbian 😬 thanks for the recommendation, however. I managed to find a few but they're so out of my price range 😔

Are there any other you can recommend and I can look them up? I'm not looking for peak performance, honestly, but anything is better than 7 fps on Witcher 3 for me. Like maybe 20 to 30 fps would be magical for what I'm used to 😂

I am just getting into hardware so I really don't know what's good for what yet, but I saved a few ads from earlier:

I think you can read the specs, maybe it'll translate too.

None of those laptops have discrete (separate) graphics cards, which means they really won't play games like The Witcher 3. Just to keep it simple, you need to start by looking for the word "Nvidia", which is a company that makes GPU's (graphics cards). On the ones you've linked, they either say "Intel HD Graphics" or "AMD Vega". Those are just standard graphics processors that are included on the CPU, and they aren't good for gaming. AMD also makes graphics cards, but they don't put them in laptops.

I am just getting into hardware so I really don't know what's good for what yet, but I saved a few ads from earlier:

I think you can read the specs, maybe it'll translate too.

Oh hey, I just searched Amazon, and laptops with the Nvidia 1650 might be in your price range. Those are decent little GPU's that could probably run Witcher 3 on medium settings. You are also more likely to be able to find them for sale. Try doing a search for Nvidia 1650 or Nvidia GTX 1650.

And this one

Those are not good. They were the worst GPU's 10 years ago, and they just wouldn't be able to handle what you want to play. Sorry, I had no idea those were still in circulation. Let me make you a list.
If you find these listed with a "ti" after them, that's even better.

There are a lot of other graphic cards that would work, but the will be too expensive. The naming convention for Nvidia GPUs has 1 or 2 numbers followed by 50, 60, 70, 80 or 90. The higher the numbers, the better. For instance a 4060 would be better than a 3060 and a 4070 (the most recent GPU) would be even better.

Hopefully this will help you understand what you are looking at as you shop.

Feb 11, 2023
Visit site
Oh gee thanks. I don't think I'll be able to get any of those newer ones 😔 is it better then to buy those newer integrated graphics than these old Nvidia's?

Big maybe if I'd pass with this price, but hows this one?

Big maybe if I'd pass with this price, but hows this one?

That one will work. You couldn't find any with the 1650? Maybe they didn't sell them outside the US. The 1650, even though newer than the 980m, could possibly be cheaper. Maybe not, but it's worth looking. It was specifically designed to be affordable, which is very rare for Nvidia.

Feb 11, 2023
Visit site
Nevermind that one, has no battery. Other numbers are too expensive and I'll check for 1650

Nothing under 500

So like right now I have a potato laptop and I'm realizing that for my budget I can't get anything really for gaming 😔

I run Witcher 3 on lowest settings never more than 7 fps. I saw some people testing those 6000U? I think with Witcher and it runs like 20 fps and that's more than enough for me. So, what can I really get that is minimal but will last me for at least a while on low and medium settings?

Nevermind that one, has no battery. Other numbers are too expensive and I'll check for 1650

Nothing under 500

So like right now I have a potato laptop and I'm realizing that for my budget I can't get anything really for gaming 😔

I run Witcher 3 on lowest settings never more than 7 fps. I saw some people testing those 6000U? I think with Witcher and it runs like 20 fps and that's more than enough for me. So, what can I really get that is minimal but will last me for at least a while on low and medium settings?
Honestly, my suggestion is to delay your purchase and save up some more money. It is true that with some work the newer CPUs can run some games (poorly), but games get harder and harder to run every year.

I don't know. Give me a couple of days. If I can find my old 980m laptop or get another one working--both of these are highly unlikely. But if I can repair one of my old ones, I'll send it to you. I haven't seen the 980 in years, so it's possible my wife threw it away. I've got two 1060's, but one is probably unfixable, and I can't remember what's wrong with the other one or if it's even at our house anymore. At one point I gave it to someone else, and I'm not sure if I ever got it back. I'll look around and let you know on Tuesday or Wednesday. Try not to get your hopes up.

• Love
Feb 11, 2023
Visit site
No, I am pretty much just buying a laptop for Witcher 3 but hey 😔 maybe I'll delay it.

Thanks for all that, although the shopping isn't just up to me and I couldn't have it delivered to me. I might try to look for a desktop, they're usually cheaper in my area.

If not, I'll try my best with a newer processor at least that I saw someone testing W3 with. Until I can get a real beast in a few years.

Feb 11, 2023
Visit site
Maybe I would, eventually, but can't now. It's all I got.

I THINK there was one guy who tested with this other Intel processor that got like 30 fps and I saved that laptop, so I'll check

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SJJOgDfv2o

That's interesting!

lol at those specs but the vid play didn't look too bad imo. You wind up pulling the trigger?

Just an FYI, I'd def be cautious buying second hand if you were considering it and if so, there's sites like this where you can check to see if someone is shady or not. Just need their name and most legit people will oblige. I've been scammed before but this has saved me a few times.

As a side note and know you didn't ask, but I think if your main objective is to play games then portability may have to be sacrificed when considering your budget. I.e. you'll be able to get a much better pc for the same amount of money.

Feb 11, 2023
Visit site
lol at those specs but the vid play didn't look too bad imo. You wind up pulling the trigger?

Just an FYI, I'd def be cautious buying second hand if you were considering it and if so, there's sites like this where you can check to see if someone is shady or not. Just need their name and most legit people will oblige. I've been scammed before but this has saved me a few times.

As a side note and know you didn't ask, but I think if your main objective is to play games then portability may have to be sacrificed when considering your budget. I.e. you'll be able to get a much better pc for the same amount of money.

Thank you, I didn't check the thread in a while, I was on a small break but now am searching again. Didn't buy anything yet. I think I'm pretty safe, considering I'm looking at laptops that have warranty for some time, enough for me to test them and on the website the people I've seen have great reviews from other buyers.

TRENDING THREADS