laptop problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2023
Visit site
I bought a laptop but my browser and my laptop screen keeps on blacking out and the people who sold me on Lenovo Concept Store Festival Mall & PC Express didn't fix the problem. Is it the laptop or an OS problem? Coz Im not getting a good resolution from their CS people

Reactions: ZedClampet
This is 100% a hardware issue. Sounds like either a loose ribbon cable or a failing inverter. I would return it and get another.

Edit: I guess I should say it could be a driver issue, but that seems unlikely in my experience. As already suggested, try an external monitor and also roll back the driver and see if that does anything. I suspect it won't, but you never know.

I bought a laptop but my browser and my laptop screen keeps on blacking out and the people who sold me on Lenovo Concept Store Festival Mall & PC Express didn't fix the problem. Is it the laptop or an OS problem? Coz Im not getting a good resolution from their CS people
When is this happening? Is the desktop refreshing, and the screen just flashes black for a moment, or is it going black and staying that way? If the desktop just keeps refreshing, there are a number of potential causes, and if it's only doing it while you are on YouTube, then it's likely to be the ongoing battle between YouTube and adblocking software. I only mention this because my screen flashes black every time there would be a commercial.

I don't think changing the OS is likely to do anything helpful. If this is anything other than the desktop refreshing, I'd return it. Lenovo is supposed to have good customer service, so it should be easy enough to get it replaced. Despite your problems, Lenovo laptops are very highly regarded.

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
Does it go dark at any time or only when you launch the browser or certain commands? And does it darken completely or does it remain glowing but black?

Nov 9, 2023
Visit site
Yes it does. safe mode is not effective. those aka technical support dont know better -_- its taking too long for them come on isnt this a basic issue that shouldnt exist in a new purchased laptop?

Nov 14, 2023
Visit site
I'm not sure they have the legal high ground here - I would just push for my money back. It would not be worth there while to fight it.

I recently had a problem with a lenovo laptop , after a week the battery would show 2 hours charge left then a few minutes later 17 hours left ..... thats impossible ......

I demonstrated it in a well known store but they refused a refund until i took my credit card out and rang the number on the back , as i began to explain to call centre what was happening the store changed their mind.

The only time i use bank cards now is to get money out of hole in the wall machines.

Nov 9, 2023
Visit site
My laptop has been reformatted by the store I bought it but I still experience the blackout browser and screen. They don’t seem to want to replace it with a new laptop. Idk whats the problem and how to fix it i thought it can be fix with reformat so what to do now if thats the case is it as good as trash?

Nov 9, 2023
Visit site
I contacted them through lenovo.com website but they are not fixing the issue so i went to the store even tho they said its home service. so they reformatted but still having same issue.i dont know where is the lenovo main service center in metro manila or near south area

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Closing this thread. Same question on three sites.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS