Issues downloading windows 10

Feb 9, 2023
Visit site
Okay guys and gals bare with me I’m new to the whole gaming pc stuff, I bought one off of a friend and I guess it was factory reset because it needed setup, I downloaded windows 10 on a usb thumb drive to put on the pc I just bought but when trying to download it won’t recognize the thumb drive, I get a “no device drivers were found make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click okay” when I refresh

Last edited:
With the thumb drive plugged in click on " this pc " and it will show all the drives that you have , is the thumb drive shown , if not i would say its faulty , you obviously have a keyboard working so unplug it from the usb socket and put the thumb drive into that usb socket . If you dont get a doorbell noise or a new device found message look again in " this pc " if its still not listed then i would say the thumb drive is faulty.

Even if the pc was reset to factory settings you could still have a copy on windows without you knowing it.
I decided to reboot one of my pc's to a never used state , i typed reset pc into the search box and followed the prompts , it gave me a clean install of windows 10 and it did not ask me for the windows disc or media from a thumb drive which did surprise me. ........ Try it .... lets face it you got nothing to loose.

Did you ever see the pc working at your so called friends home , if what i have suggested does not work i think you need to the pc back to him ...... even if he is a friend he has your money

Feb 9, 2023
Visit site
The pc will just go straight to the windows set up like I guess a new pc would after just building it and having to put a software on it, when I get to the boot device menu it doesn’t show the usb, I don’t hear any noises when plugging in usb, no I haven’t seen the pc work, due to my lack of knowledge on computer I have a buddy of mine who is gonna take a look at it, but it’s gonna be about two weeks, just wanted to see if I could maybe figure it out, it almost sounds like the USB ports don’t work but you can plug a phone charger in to them and it would work but it still won’t recognize the thumb drive

it would seem like your thumb drive could be faulty , do you have a spare one and do you know somebody nearby who has a pc.

If so ask them to use the other thumb drive and go online and type ..... create installation media for windows into a browser , you will see a tab to download windows 10 tool , some where through the process you will see an option to create tool for use on another pc .... choose that one.

btw if you cant use the pc cos you cant install the media how are you using this site.

If my suggestion does not work go to a site called toms hardware forum and post your problem their you will get a quick reply from somebody and they may tell you something i dont know about

Reactions: Brian Boru
Feb 9, 2023
Visit site
Yes I’ve tried two different thumb drives, downloaded windows 10 on the Microsoft website on both thumb drives, I’m on my phone on the website,tried both thumb drives in wife’s laptop and seem to work fine. And I will try toms hardware I appreciate it

Reactions: Brian Boru
I get a “no device drivers were found make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click okay” when I refresh
Hard drive not being in PC is a new reason for that error. Most of the time its caused by the actual USB drive being used. Windows has drivers for lots of USB drives, but not all. So you can get an error like that if it can't read from the USB.

TRENDING THREADS