Is this setup possible? (purchase advice)

Apr 10, 2021
Visit site
Hello,

I'm hoping to build a laptop that can work alone, but also within a few different stations. For work, I'd like to throw the laptop in a dock and be able to do web development work on three monitors (the laptop being one is fine), and with a real keyboard/mouse. I want then to be able to take it to the living room and plug into my TV to game. I only play Rocket League really, and doesn't have to be 4k, but HD and good 120+ fps at 65" would be great (I don't have the new tv yet either). I also want to be able to take the computer traveling and such, so it's kind the brains of the whole setup. To make it worse, I'm a Mac guy and wouldn't mind staying on Macbook Pro, which I believe I could get decent results with bootcamp for windows gaming.

Any suggestions how to best piece a system like that together? I understand the new macbook pro's are pretty brutish, so maybe one of those would work? I worry though I'm shooting myself in the foot to stay Mac, and going back to Windows wouldn't be the end of the world. I don't mind investing some money into this, but I don't want to waste it either.

Any help is most appreciated!

Reactions: Coder98
Apr 10, 2021
Visit site
Hello,

I'm hoping to build a laptop that can work alone, but also within a few different stations. For work, I'd like to throw the laptop in a dock and be able to do web development work on three monitors (the laptop being one is fine), and with a real keyboard/mouse. I want then to be able to take it to the living room and plug into my TV to game. I only play Rocket League really, and doesn't have to be 4k, but HD and good 120+ fps at 65" would be great (I don't have the new tv yet either). I also want to be able to take the computer traveling and such, so it's kind the brains of the whole setup. To make it worse, I'm a Mac guy and wouldn't mind staying on Macbook Pro, which I believe I could get decent results with bootcamp for windows gaming.

Any suggestions how to best piece a system like that together? I understand the new macbook pro's are pretty brutish, so maybe one of those would work? I worry though I'm shooting myself in the foot to stay Mac, and going back to Windows wouldn't be the end of the world. I don't mind investing some money into this, but I don't want to waste it either.

Any help is most appreciated!

Don't be worry mate relax,
you should build a Hackintosh
or you can build your own custom mac , Choose from the model to the installed RAM – get complete control over your MacBook Pro's custom specs! just hire someone who can do this job for you. if you don= not wants to gets your hands dirty

I'm hoping to build a laptop
I haven't done it, because when I researched it, what I read was that it's a lot more difficult than building desktops—which I have done. Do you have that level of proficiency?

wouldn't mind staying on Macbook Pro
I don't know this, but I expect it would be very difficult to find all the necessary parts and the unique tools needed to assemble them.

Apr 10, 2021
Visit site
Thanks, I'm not overly interested in building my own. I just to find the right machine for my needs. The macbook pro can have monster specs now, especially with the fully upgraded graphics card, but I'm wondering if bootcamp really would work for gaming, and if a laptop is powerful enough to get good gaming specs on a tv. I might just end up getting a regular macbook and a cheap desktop gaming computer I just leave in the living room.

TRENDING THREADS