I have a good laptop, but 2 fps on COD Cold War

Oct 15, 2022
Visit site
I have a good gaming laptop, the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52. It updated the RAM so now i have a total of 24GB RAM, but still Call Of Duty: Cold War has terrible performace. Sometimes i have a little over 10 fps, but i have not spend nearly a thousand dollars for 2 fps. Does anybody know what i can do to get good FPS. I already tried all the in-game settings.

COLGeek

In the game, you should have options for the video quality (usually something like high, medium, low). What settings are you using in COD? Try low as the GTX 1050 is on the lower end of the performance spectrum compared to other more capable GPUs.

Oct 15, 2022
Visit site
In the game, you should have options for the video quality (usually something like high, medium, low). What settings are you using in COD? Try low as the GTX 1050 is on the lower end of the performance spectrum compared to other more capable GPUs.
Yes, in-game I've all my settings set to the lowest possible, but still i only get a few FPS. Could it be that there is something about my laptop that is affecting the game, because i've seen other comments where people with the same laptop as me can perfectly play COD Cold war with 60 FPS. I already use Razor Cortex to stop all underlying processes en I close every other screen apart from the game itself.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Oct 15, 2022
Visit site
i have indeed already updated my drivers and have already scanned my laptop for possible malware. I still have Windows 10 and I will update to 11, but COD was already super slow before windows 11 came out, so I dont think thats where the problem lies. My goal isn't to get like 240 FPS for COD Cold war, but a stable FPS above 30 is all i want.
Other heavy games can bug just like Cold war, but most small games are functioning fine

Oct 15, 2022
Visit site
Win 11 would only help if you clean installed and managed to update drivers to fix problem

how much spare space on drives?

do you use all the ram or still get low usage with ram free?
i'm sorry i am not that great with computer knowledge, how do i know if i have space on my drives? i will directly check now if my RAM gets used fully or not

Oct 15, 2022
Visit site
Thats crazy! I started COD Cold War, it was lagging just like always, but my task manager showed that only 52% of my RAM is used, not a bit more. Then it must be the problem that the game cannot extract more RAM somehow right? or maybe that the game doesnt know that it has more RAM than it thinks?

It says minimum requirement is a 1650 nvidia card. I know that doesn't always mean anything and you can get away with running some games on lower cards, but CoD might be so intense ya need a better video card.

It says your laptop has a 1050 when I looked up the model ya posted. That may be the issue. I'm sorry if it is.

• Love
Reactions: Brian Boru
Oct 15, 2022
Visit site
It says minimum requirement is a 1650 nvidia card. I know that doesn't always mean anything and you can get away with running some games on lower cards, but CoD might be so intense ya need a better video card.

It says your laptop has a 1050 when I looked up the model ya posted. That may be the issue. I'm sorry if it is.
that would mean that the only way to increase performance is by buying the newest laptop?

TRENDING THREADS