Question Have you used the Amazon Games App or Luna cloud gaming?

Have you used the Amazon Games App or Luna cloud gaming?

• Yes, in the past

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • Yes, actively

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • No

Votes: 35 38.9%
  • I didn't know they existed

Votes: 21 23.3%

• Total voters

CParsons

Staff member
Every PC Gamer is likely aware of the Steam, Epic, and GOG launchers but the folks from Editorial here on PC Gamer are looking into other options and would love your feedback about whether or not any of you fine folks are using the Amazon Games App or Luna cloud gaming.

Using the poll above, let us know where you stand on stand on Amazon's offerings. If you have any additional comments about the Amazon Games App or Luna cloud gaming, feel free to drop them below, they could potentially appear in an article here on PC Gamer!

Used the Amazon Games App on a couple of occasions. The app itself is nothing to applaud, the only reason to ever use it would be because of a couple of good games you'll get through Twitch Prime. With the countless free game offers from multiple similar apps and at times heavily discounted subscriptions like the one you often get through Xbox Game Pass, there is even less of a chance of using AGA since a lot of the games get circulated.

No. I have zero interest in the Amazon Gaming App or in "cloud" gaming services, whether it's Luna or something else. 99% of my games are either on Steam or GOG; they're both familiar, non-intrusive, and easy to use, whether it's playing a game or purchasing one.

I do have Battle.net installed, but only because I have to so I can play Diablo 2 Resurrected. I also have Origin installed (soon to be the EA App I think), but that's only because I need it to play the Dragon Age & Mass Effect games on Steam, otherwise I would have uninstalled it months ago. So only two primary game launchers for me, and I just don't see a viable reason to change that.

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
Cloud gaming is VERY handy for one particular thing: trying games out. Even with fast internet, you have to download and install games, which could leave who-knows-what behind afterward. With cloud gaming, you install nothing at all. You can switch from game to game almost as fast as changing channels on a TV.

(I haven't used these new cloud gaming things, but I did use OnLive about a decade back. That's how I discovered the Just Cause series!)

Cloud gaming is VERY handy for one particular thing: trying games out. Even with fast internet, you have to download and install games, which could leave who-knows-what behind afterward. With cloud gaming, you install nothing at all. You can switch from game to game almost as fast as changing channels on a TV.

(I haven't used these new cloud gaming things, but I did use OnLive about a decade back. That's how I discovered the Just Cause series!)
What you're saying sounds right, but I'm not sure it's always true. Here's my example. I wanted to try out Microsoft Flight Simulator, but didn't want to install it. So I played it in the cloud, and it absolutely sucked. It didn't work well at all. Because of that, my impression is that the game sucks, and I never downloaded it and gave it a real chance.

Cloud gaming probably does well for less demanding games. But for situations like that, it might actually do more harm than good.

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site

I forgot about Onlive. Cloud gaming seemed like pie-in-the-sky back then - in retrospect they were just a bit too far ahead of their time. Like launching a supercar before motorways and dual-carriageways existed.

Jan 26, 2022
Visit site
Every PC Gamer is likely aware of the Steam, Epic, and GOG launchers but the folks from Editorial here on PC Gamer are looking into other options and would love your feedback about whether or not any of you fine folks are using the Amazon Games App or Luna cloud gaming.

Using the poll above, let us know where you stand on stand on Amazon's offerings. If you have any additional comments about the Amazon Games App or Luna cloud gaming, feel free to drop them below, they could potentially appear in an article here on PC Gamer!
I use Steam and GoG and Have Origin / EA in there as well, but play the Mass Effect stuff on a different platform, but have to have it to play. I have never heard of Epic and I don't really like Origin as I have had far too many issues with them.

[Mod edit: deleted duplicated content.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 19, 2020
Visit site
Anything that unifies all makes me happy, often, going through serious hoops to add "non-steam game" to my Steam library makes sense to me.

None of the other platforms come close to Friend management and interaction, and all except GoG Galaxy (and even steam nowadays) are bloated messes eating slowly away at memory with all their Chromium processes or otherwise.

If you really run all your launchers, which is insane, on startup (Origin, Arc, Epic, Uplay, Steam, Galaxy. Blizzard) you are looking at a phenomenal chunk of memory instantly gone.

Bad idea to add another, great idea to unify in some way.

Dec 20, 2022
Visit site
I’ve not used them both yet. I’ve always been a fan of the Steam launcher. A few days ago, I read an article on https://zumroad.com/tech about the Amazon Games app, so I think the time has come to give it a shot. I’ve already watched a couple of videos about that launcher, and it actually looks really comfortable. Thanks for your reviews, guys. This Wednesday, I’ll have some free time to try the Amazon Games app. Hope it’s as comfortable as it looks in the video. I’ll share my review soon.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS