Dec 29, 2020
Visit site
Hey there,

I'm upgrading a HP h9-1460ea from the original GPU from Nvidia GTX 660 to the GTX 1660 Super. AS far as I can tell, the card should fit physically in the case, and the PSU should be sufficient (600W). The PSU model number is DPS-600WB A, and I've already checked the BIOS and it is EUFI, so I know the card should work with my PC.

Essentially I just need some guidance on how to actually connect it. From people I've spoken to prior to this, they've said my PSU connections are 6+2 Pin PCI Express; apparently meaning I don't need to buy an 8-pin cable and can use the 6-pin connector already in the PC. I just need some advice, my knowledge of these things isn't perfect and I don't wanna screw up my PC, it's my pride and joy for gaming.

Any guidance at all would be much appreciated, the card comes in a few days and I need to know whether ordering an 8-pin cable or 6 to 8-pin converter is a necessary step to get this on track.

Reactions: lilly5086
Hi :)

You can open up your machine and find the cables, which you will have to do anyway. 6+2 connector just means it can be used for either a 6 pin or 8 pin slot.

It looks something like this.

I dont remember owning a PSU that didnt have 6+2 connectors, but I havent had a prebuild in a long time.

Reactions: lilly5086

TRENDING THREADS