FPS—Far Cry 6 your playing experiences

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Brian Boru

if you holster your weapon and remain calm that the enemy NPC's don't shoot
I'm 99% that's new, I remember one of the (p)review videos remarked on it.

I have moved this up to the top of my ranking of mainline FC games
Nice! Beware tho you may change your mind when son isn't around, so there's more to do than swan in to refill ammo 5 minutes after everything's cleared.

torn between 4 and 5
My ranking is same as yours, 4, 5, 3, 1, —, 2.
I just 'finished' 5, and it would've been #1 if it wasn't for the boss confrontations, especially the ending ones. After dying at first try in Faith's final boss fight, I got a bad feeling and watched all 4 final boss fights on YT. I may comment in the Boss Fights thread…

The 90% bulk of the game is better than 4—but needing a mod for that, plus all the boss encounters being a different sub-genre of shooter, drops it down. For someone who enjoys the closed melee sub-genre as well, I bet they'll have 5 on top. For me, it's a toss up with Primal for 2nd spot.

Jan 14, 2020
Nice! Beware tho you may change your mind when son isn't around, so there's more to do than swan in to refill ammo 5 minutes after everything's cleared.
lol He loves these comments of yours. He's been reading the board and giving me heck about it. He's made a couple of comments on here, but I told him to stop because Colif said you had to be 18 to post.

I've been playing some by myself, though, while he's been playing Rust a bit. There are these endless missions you can get by visiting the small hideouts. At least, I think they are endless. Every time I go to one, there's someone there with a mission. Anyway, I figured he wasn't missing anything by not doing those, so I've been having fun with that. And of course there's hunting and fishing, but I'm terrible at the fishing. Think I need to look up a video on it or something. It's basically the same as 5, but for some reason I was better at it on 5 than I am on 6. And I've been doing just a bunch of wandering around to find people to rescue because that's how you get bandidos. You do those bandido missions and you pick what you think will be perfectly safe, and then you get a message that says something like, "Three bandidos were embarrassed by the attempt to hack the server and left."

Reactions: Pifanjr

Brian Boru

He's made a couple of comments on here
Searches for KidClampet… nope :unsure:

"Three bandidos were embarrassed by the attempt to hack the server and left."
Probably because KidClampet was already in hacking the RNG, and locked 'em out.

I'm terrible at the fishing
Same here, plus I dislike it too, same as offline. My FC5 stats say I caught 28 fish, guess I was on the Bliss at the time and chasing perks—not one this playthru.

find people to rescue because that's how you get bandidos
It's nice to see they're still developing the NPCs role, and encouraging more exploration. I liked that in 5, that random people out in the wilds would tip you off about a mission or prepper stash or outpost.

Are the bandito missions exclusive to them, or could you do 'em yourself if you preferred?

How useful are the companions? It was great in 5 that you could climb into the passenger seat and your pal would drive or fly for you. If you want slaughter, climb into the gun seat of one of the bad guys' armored trucks and set a waypoint across the map :D

Jan 14, 2020
Searches for KidClampet… nope :unsure:
He posts under Guido something-or-other.

In other news, NO SPOILERS, but there is a quest giver I really wanted to murder halfway through the quest, but @GuidoTheGamer wouldn't let me, and now I'm locked into doing a second playthrough so I can kill this dude. He's obviously a very bad person, which is revealed even more when you finish the quest. You talk to him three times. The first and last times you don't have control over your character, but the 2nd time I could have filled his head with bullets. I'm almost positive Ubisoft was anticipating that possibility, and that this would have positively ended the mission. It's going to drive me crazy until I get to try it.

Jan 14, 2020
It's nice to see they're still developing the NPCs role, and encouraging more exploration. I liked that in 5, that random people out in the wilds would tip you off about a mission or prepper stash or outpost.
There are a few random people out in the wild who will do this in 6, but every time you go to any of your many bases someone is there to tip you off to an activity.

Are the bandito missions exclusive to them, or could you do 'em yourself if you preferred?
No, they are just done by the bandidos. Did you ever play Black Flag? It reminds me of how you could go down into your ship and send your fleet on missions and later you would get a result back. Except in this case you have more control over what they do during different portions of the missions.

How useful are the companions? It was great in 5 that you could climb into the passenger seat and your pal would drive or fly for you. If you want slaughter, climb into the gun seat of one of the bad guys' armored trucks and set a waypoint across the map :D
There are only animal companions in 6, so they don't drive for you, but some will hop up into the passenger's seat to keep you company. As for how useful they are, I suspect they are pretty good, but haven't used them much since I'm in co-op. Each animal is good at something different. Here's an article on it:

I think more of the vehicles have weapons that the driver can shoot. The tanks are amazing.

• Love
Reactions: Brian Boru
He posts under Guido something-or-other.

In other news, NO SPOILERS, but there is a quest giver I really wanted to murder halfway through the quest, but @GuidoTheGamer wouldn't let me
Wouldn't let you? What are saves/checkpoints for if not to shoot whoever you please whenever you please without consequence?

I've played co-op games where we shot an essential NPC two dozen times in a row just for the hell of it, getting send back to the previous checkpoint every time we did.

Reactions: ZedClampet
Jan 14, 2020
Wouldn't let you? What are saves/checkpoints for if not to shoot whoever you please whenever you please without consequence?

I've played co-op games where we shot an essential NPC two dozen times in a row just for the hell of it, getting send back to the previous checkpoint every time we did.
He wasn't afraid it would mess up anything immediate. He was afraid it would mess with the ending somehow. Ubisoft likes to moralize about the things you did wrong sometimes.

Brian Boru

Here's an article on it
Oh, I didn't know about the last 3. Boomer is back literally—woof!—and Peaches in all but name. And I can definitely see myself sending K-9000 into packs of enemies once it's unlocked Termination Protocol moo-ha-ha :devilish: I wonder does it growl or whirr?

Did you ever play Black Flag?
Nope, I think it's in my TBP pile.

Reactions: ZedClampet

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts