PCG Article Elden Ring DLC Announced!

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Last edited:
I've only beaten Elden Beast once, have one character in NG+ that just killed Rennala. Another on a fresh start who just killed Radahn, doing a kind of semi boss-rush run without using spirit summons this time. Also going for Rannis ending this time as I played blind before and missed a lot of the main quest lines related to her and Blaidd.

Got the Frenzied Flame ending first time because if I find a path I usually have to get to the end of it, and that's what happens when you keep feeding people you meet along the way any eyeballs you might find, I guess.

Just hoping for a new area to explore with new enemy types and some new boss fights. I'm not big on the lore and story outside of it giving me big uglies to fight. If it goes like the older games, there'll be some of the toughest bosses in the DLC, that'll do me just fine.

McStabStab

Community Contributor
What level were you at when you finished the game? Do you remember how many hours in it was?

I am on my first playthrough, 53 hours in, just killed Morgott, Godrick, Radahn, and Rennala, but haven’t gotten Rykard yet. I’m level 88 and am ready for whatever comes after Lyndell.

I’m positive I will have beaten the game by the time the DLC comes out. All I hope for is more of the bizarre and surprising moments that the game has delivered plenty of so far.

What level were you at when you finished the game? Do you remember how many hours in it was?

I am on my first playthrough, 53 hours in, just killed Morgott, Godrick, Radahn, and Rennala, but haven’t gotten Rykard yet. I’m level 88 and am ready for whatever comes after Lyndell.

I’m positive I will have beaten the game by the time the DLC comes out. All I hope for is more of the bizarre and surprising moments that the game has delivered plenty of so far.

I think that character was around 135 by the end, funnily enough it was about the same amount of hours too IIRC. Used a quality build and the Bloodhounds Fang for the 2nd half of the game, with an Ancestral Follower as a sidekick. I must have covered most of the map and dungeons by that point. Only types I avoided were the Heroes graves as I raged on the first one in the starting area too much :p Also probably missed some time of day conditional stuff on the map, Death Birds and Nights Cavalry, an Erdtree guardian in Caelid I know for sure I left. Got all the main bosses including optional ones though.

Current build is using the Great Axe going mostly strength so far. I love melee in these games so I hardly ever mess with magic or incantations. Always a great weapon, usually a sword and a parry shield.

Think I did Rykard and volcano manor before Morgott, the Rykard fight is one of the more memorable ones. You've got a lot of good stuff to come.

Jan 12, 2024
Visit site
Let's talk about Elden Ring. Have you played it? Have you beaten it? Will you be buying the DLC? What are your hopes for the expansion? Any worries?

PCG Articles below:
OMW as a GIRL gamer.

Completely obsessed. Elden Ring is just next level. The design is absolutely beautiful.....

Yeah I have been stabbed, poisoned, murdered even committed suicide (By accident)

Trailer looks great! Bad release date for me in June as I'm always most busy then but anyway I'll pick it up at release. Hope its not some weird obscure event most of the way through the game in the Mountain tops or something to access it though.

Edit: Seems you'll need to access Mohgwyns palace. Thats either via the Consecrated Snowfields or following the quest (Varres?) where you need to invade people to get there. Thats... not near the start, might have to get a character close in preparation.

Last edited:
Elden Ring is mid (im purposely using that). I was more excited for Last Epoch's release and im not going to even play that lol, i instantly scrolled past the ER announcement. Carry on :giggle:
I don't necessarily disagree here. I like Elden Ring well enough, but definitely loved Dark Souls 3 much, much more. At this point, I've played well over 100 hours of Dark Souls 2, where I've only done 40 with ER.

It's still fun, but definitely prefer the linear design of prior games.

June, plus a couple of months to work out bugs... maybe I'll finally play a Dark Souls game this year! (Though I have no idea how many games I've played that would be classified as Souls-like now.)
Tips: Avoid the big golden guy on a horse when you see him. Anything big generally get close and roll towards the attacks.

It's still fun, but definitely prefer the linear design of prior games.
I thought the same before I played Elden Ring, everything has to be a bigger open world these days, and its often not an improvement. In the end it had enough discovery because its a From game and full of weird stuff in the corners to find and surprise. No way I'm doing all those mini dungeons on a replay though, and I get where youre coming from. Lies of P is really good, if you like Souls games with interconnected level design I'd say its up there with the Dark Souls games.

Sekiro is still the best From game on PC IMO, though I havent played Bloodborne mores the pity.

Tips: Avoid the big golden guy on a horse when you see him. Anything big generally get close and roll towards the attacks.

I thought the same before I played Elden Ring, everything has to be a bigger open world these days, and its often not an improvement. In the end it had enough discovery because its a From game and full of weird stuff in the corners to find and surprise. No way I'm doing all those mini dungeons on a replay though, and I get where youre coming from. Lies of P is really good, if you like Souls games with interconnected level design I'd say its up there with the Dark Souls games.

Sekiro is still the best From game on PC IMO, though I havent played Bloodborne mores the pity.
Lies of P has definitely made my list recently, but I'm waiting for a more substantial price drop on it.

I was initially put off by the concept of Sekiro, but I'm starting to warm and may pick it up finally when it's on sale again, we'll see.

I still like Elden Ring, but I'm also feeling a little blah towards it right now because I don't have the time to commit to it. I really want to keep at it, but it's such a massive game and I believe I've barely scratched the surface, yet I just don't have the time to play it much currently. Last night I did get stuck on an optional boss and I'll probably keep ramming my head against the wall for awhile there, at least.

Different folks, different moods, different life situations and so on, Elden Ring isnt perfect but its one of my favourites. Lies of P is on Gamepass still if you wanted a cheap demo.

Some people dislike Sekiro because it doesnt really have a lot of different approaches. There are tools to use that you can get a little creative with and that help against one boss or another but for the most part it makes you play the game on its terms. Theres really one weapon and one way to use it. Thats really how I play Souls, rarely using magic or ranged almost always playing a Great Sword/parry melee build and learning the boss encounters as a timing and dodging based game. Its very easy for me to get into a flow playing Sekiro and its really satisfying. If what you prefer about DS games is making interesting builds and trying different spells and weapons, it might not click for you.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Here are some of my thoughts about the DLC. It'll be very good without any doubts, but... The price vs gameplay time relation will be probably much worse than in the base game. The DLC costs more than half of the price which you had to pay for Elden Ring on the release date. From Software announced that the DLC will feature a slightly bigger area than Limgrave and more than 10 bosses (so that's less than 20 for sure). This means the overall gameplay time will be much shorter than half of the time required to finish the base game. Of course we expect more demanding gameplay than in the beginning of Elden Ring, but I doubt it'll take more than 15 hours to finish the add-on. Nevertheless I expect a quality DLC.

Bad price vs. gameplay AT RELEASE. Come winter.... Oh wait, it's supposedly already winter. Come NEXT winter, the price for the bundle should be just fine.
Could be my faulty memory but I think newer From games havent tended to go on big sales with Steam. Sekiro is about 5 years old and hasnt been less than 29.99, I would expect Elden Ring to be similar or more, especially with DLC included and the fact its sold an absolute bucket load without more than that discount anyway.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Could be my faulty memory but I think newer From games havent tended to go on big sales with Steam. Sekiro is about 5 years old and hasnt been less than 29.99, I would expect Elden Ring to be similar or more, especially with DLC included and the fact its sold an absolute bucket load without more than that discount anyway.
Actually they were on big sales a few years ago. I bought Dark Souls 3 with all DLCs for around 15 euro. It was not long before Dark Souls stopped to get any discounts at all. Also you could buy Elden Ring at a lower price during at least one big sale in the last year. Dark Souls games also started to get discounts again, but during lesser events and at a much bigger price than before.

DS games have been cheap plenty of times, I bought them when they were. At least in Steam Sekiro has been 50% off maximum and has been out since 2019, and Elden Ring 40 %. I cant see a GOTY bundle with the DLC for Elden Ring being under 40 this year. Assume its down to publishers more than From, but can always be wrong.

axFlFLw.jpg

TX5k9B9.jpg