Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 Discussion

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I'm not quite up to that and I've got over 60 hours in the game.
Running around killing everybody definitely helps with gaining Street Cred.

On the mission Gimmie Danger, after meeting with Takemura you have to break into the Arasaka industrial complex to upload a virus for the floats. Takemura stressed greatly about how I should remain quiet and undetected, but he understands us mercs have our own way with things.

I ran in there and sliced everyone up. Takemura called me a psycho.

My play style requires lots of health related perks along with blade damage boosts, so that’s where a lot of my upgrading has been focused on. Right before battle, I got a perk that gives me a total of 3 stat boosts to all my cyberware and it immediately brought my damage, health and armor up quiet a bit. That helped a lot with this battle since there were probably upwards of 20-25 ground enemies and two mechs.

The Sandevistan is pretty good but a part of me still wishes to use my cyberdeck. During that fight I tried to quick hack the turrets to turn them off but then remembered I couldn’t, so I’m still going back and forth if I want to switch back.

Zloth

Community Contributor
The Sandevistan is pretty good but a part of me still wishes to use my cyberdeck. During that fight I tried to quick hack the turrets to turn them off but then remembered I couldn’t, so I’m still going back and forth if I want to switch back.
There's a mod to let you use both by giving you 2 (or 3) head slots. Seems like that would be pretty overpowered, though.

I didn't kill a soul on that mission and never even raised suspicion. It took a few re-loads to get into the building, though. I thought I would be able to get through a window on the second story, then found out the hard way that they were bullet proof. If you don't raise alarms, there are a lot fewer enemies.

Last night, I finally spent most of my cash, perks, and stat points. I upgraded my deck, got a second heart, and upgraded some other cybernetics. Chrome for the win! I really need some new software, though, and a tad more RAM.

holy smokes, what did I just capture. apparently, activating overclock cyberware when it's at max level explodes all that can be exploded within range. managed to discover that by activating it near a group of several heavily modded individuals, apparenly standing by a few gas tanks.
bWMZYDa.jpg

where's my money man
uwXCdsl.jpg

posing near someone's ride
WyhfQCj.jpg

NC looks best at night
YUgjvEM.jpg

listen, you little punks......
o2nXusr.jpg

leave her alone........
YqYLGcb.jpg

Zloth

Community Contributor
Wow, Phantom Liberty is a change of pace. A sneak-around-while-I-explain-things mission, then a DENSE market area (that seriously destroyed my framerate, I think I might have been at 20fps or less), then a long mission that I finally had to save off and go to bed. That's not how the game has been played since the very start, when they kept options limited while they explained the game to the player!

I'm a bit lost as to what's going on with the gigs now. I got to where one of the fixers has just one gig left - but it isn't anywhere on the map that I can find.

I had an earlier gig where I needed to break into a place and kill a guy. (Don't worry, I have it on good authority that he was very naughty.) I got in through a window, hit him with cyberpsychosis from across the warehouse, waited for his own minions to kill him off, and was back out the window in about a minute. Fastest gig ever!

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I'm a bit lost as to what's going on with the gigs now. I got to where one of the fixers has just one gig left - but it isn't anywhere on the map that I can find.
If you're talking about Dogtown gigs then they become available as you progress the main storyline. But I suppose you're talking about some other district of Night City.

24hrs on the save file exactly, just hit Level 32, Street Cred 45. Spent over 200K in cyberware last night upgrading everything. Been hoarding some perk and attribute points, still needing to decide where to put them. I’ve nearly maxed out my Shinobi skills too. I bet it’s just my play style, but being a katana main and having no remorse for human life is a sure fire way to level up fast. Every NCPD reported crime scene, every random group of gang members hanging out, every gig, sidejob, whatever, I’m killing everyone, spare the innocents. In 30 minutes I made over 150K eddies just by selling all weapons I find. I love playing the game this way, it makes it very fun for me. I think my next character I want to be a netrunner/throwing weapon main so I can focus on hacking and stealth.

every build in this game is a lot of fun
1st playthrough I played with a katana (one that lets you pounce the enemies)+time slowdown+high dismemberment chance
now I'm using cool hacks (suicide,explode grenade,synapse melt,shock+blind,weapon glitch), overclock cyberware+ tech weapons to shoot thru walls.
both are great.

ps. I just found this amazing knife with headshot perk, put a 0-G mod on it, and been killing whole crews literally works like a handgun as long as you keep hitting them in the head, it's a one shot kill 10 out of ten.
and with the mod, I'm hitting 1600+ dmg headshots from this far away
I also have a tier5+ black baseball bat with two +25% damage for +25% increased stamina cost mods, takes them out with a single heavy hit.

HFj3GNg.jpg
NVqvOes.jpg
Eu26ryd.jpg

also, I noticed the game's shader compilation process takes a looooong time, like several 2-3 hour sessions.
when I updated my drivers for alan wake 2, I suddenly noticed the gpu usage dropped to mid 80s. Then it went to 90%, then around 95%, and now it stays at 99%. Haven't done anything to the game really so it must be the driver and game compiling shaders.
this legendary precision rifle you find in a mission with panam is cool as hell . hits two shots at the same time, with 30% poison chance. shoots thru walls of course too. great for both short and long range.
looks great too, like something the predator would use if it was a charatcter in doom eternal.
MNA41Wg.jpg

pps: I managed to hit a 2400+ crit with the knife (!!!) and swapped the 285dmg baseball bat for 300 dmg crowbar, deals more damage, has higher knockdown/stun chance and seems more punk than a bat anyway.

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
If you're talking about Dogtown gigs then they become available as you progress the main storyline. But I suppose you're talking about some other district of Night City.
Yeah, I mean the normal gigs. I finished all but one of El Capitan's gigs.

Dogtown did clear up a different confusion, though. The list of cars you can buy has several locked out because you haven't returned any cars to El Capitan. I didn't know what this meant until I went to Dogtown and noticed a car with a little blue steering wheel icon on it.

That fight against Chimera was pretty rough!
Ah, here's a pillar I can hide behind.
Oh, it blew up the pillar - well, there's another over here.
Blew that up, too. Oh look, pillars BEHIND it!
And it turned around and blew up both pillars. Errr... Oh! Stairs!
Hey, there's an entire hallway here! It will last a long time, I'll just keep moving over more as it...
It blasted holes through the entire hallway!?
Well, it bends around to another hallway. What's its health at?
80%!?!?
I ended up killing it using a tech sniper rifle, blasting weak points. Every time I got down to 0 health items, I would just run in circles around the whole room until one recharged.

I last played it some back in June 2023. Not sure what version and had drivers from when I built this system this time last year. I almost want to cry- The 4070Ti Super comes out this month and is what the 4070Ti should have been to start with. Its ok- I will wait for a 5070Ti or 6070Ti. My lil 196bit 12GB mem card still does pretty good at 4K imo. I updated to latest driver like 4 days ago for DLSS 3.5 and AI. Also- I was tweaking settings back in June- not really playing it.

Maybe later today I will fire it up and tweak a little and see what I get. I get afraid to try and play this game- updates seem a lot of times break the game- or from reviews I read- and will just piss me off if blue screen etc. I am not sure what settings have changed or added new with new drivers and game updates. Maybe my score and or FPS will go up- maybe :)

* So far the hardest game on my system [june 2023] is Cyberpunk 2077- in game bench says 66 FPS Average- 44 FPS Min.- 95 FPS Max- in game is more like 70-75 @ 4K Ultra settings- DLSS Frame Generation [on]- DLSS Super Resolution [quality]- DLSS Sharpness 25%- AA 16x- Ray Trace all on- Ray Traced Lighting [medium]- runs nice smooth and looks awesome- with no ray trace it runs like 118fps.

** Looking now on Tweaktown- at Cyberpunk 2077 benches with an AMD 5900x and multi gpu' all settings maxed- with No DLSS or FSR and no Ray Trace- @ 4K Cyberpunk 2077 Benchmarked, Again: v1.5 Update With Built-In Benchmark (tweaktown.com)

Average->
3090- 47fps
3080ti- 46fps
Radeon 6900XT 16GB 38fps

I do think DLSS 3 is only on the 4000 cards might be part- but my 4070Ti bench with DLSS and Ray Trace on is a bit higher and is lovely. Just Awesome. Some of this post I copied and paste from other posts I have made on other sites months ago. I will tweak more Im sure.

June 2023- 4K
MjzRfQt.jpg

Looks pretty nice imo. -- >>

WBHKzRr.jpg

E2NtX4x.jpg

I will fire it up and bench it with newer updates and drivers- and post a few more screens later today :)

Last edited:
Hit max street Cred just to find out all it really does is give you a 15% discount at all vendors. Nice and all, but is that really it? I don’t get special dialogue options or anything for being a Legend in NC even though all I did for it was slaughter countless lives with my blade?

The Porsche 911 so far has the best handling of any car I’ve driven so far. I liked the tiny side mission that goes with it, because just being able to buy it and have it appear in front of your apartment would be too easy. You need to go track it down and take out a couple guys which just adds a bit to the immersion of trying to obtain a vehicle from 2020 to 2077.

I last played it some back in June 2023. Not sure what version and had drivers from when I built this system this time last year. I almost want to cry- The 4070Ti Super comes out this month and is what the 4070Ti should have been to start with. Its ok- I will wait for a 5070Ti or 6070Ti. My lil 196bit 12GB mem card still does pretty good at 4K imo. I updated to latest driver like 4 days ago for DLSS 3.5 and AI. Also- I was tweaking settings back in June- not really playing it.

Maybe later today I will fire it up and tweak a little and see what I get. I get afraid to try and play this game- updates seem a lot of times break the game- or from reviews I read- and will just piss me off if blue screen etc. I am not sure what settings have changed or added new with new drivers and game updates. Maybe my score and or FPS will go up- maybe :)

* So far the hardest game on my system [june 2023] is Cyberpunk 2077- in game bench says 66 FPS Average- 44 FPS Min.- 95 FPS Max- in game is more like 70-75 @ 4K Ultra settings- DLSS Frame Generation [on]- DLSS Super Resolution [quality]- DLSS Sharpness 25%- AA 16x- Ray Trace all on- Ray Traced Lighting [medium]- runs nice smooth and looks awesome- with no ray trace it runs like 118fps.

** Looking now on Tweaktown- at Cyberpunk 2077 benches with an AMD 5900x and multi gpu' all settings maxed- with No DLSS or FSR and no Ray Trace- @ 4K Cyberpunk 2077 Benchmarked, Again: v1.5 Update With Built-In Benchmark (tweaktown.com)

Average->
3090- 47fps
3080ti- 46fps
Radeon 6900XT 16GB 38fps

I do think DLSS 3 is only on the 4000 cards might be part- but my 4070Ti bench with DLSS and Ray Trace on is a bit higher and is lovely. Just Awesome. Some of this post I copied and paste from other posts I have made on other sites months ago. I will tweak more Im sure.

June 2023- 4K
MjzRfQt.jpg

Looks pretty nice imo. -- >>

WBHKzRr.jpg

E2NtX4x.jpg

I will fire it up and bench it with newer updates and drivers- and post a few more screens later today :)
4070ti is still a beastly card, beating a 3090 in path tracing is no joke. as for the refresh, there's always something better coming, isn't there....... can't wait forever. blackwell will be out in 2024, doesn't mean people should wait for it if they want ada now.

4070ti is still a beastly card, beating a 3090 in path tracing is no joke. as for the refresh, there's always something better coming, isn't there....... can't wait forever. blackwell will be out in 2024, doesn't mean people should wait for it if they want ada now.
Yes- always something new. Nvidia from the jump was trying to mess around people with the 4080/4070Ti. I dont mess with ebay- or have a way to sell my card- and being disabled and on ssdi- If I did sell stuff on ebay etc- the government would say I have my own business and cut my benefits and stuff like that. The Super will have 256 bus and 16GB memory and more cores from what I read. I will stick with what I have. I normally build new systems about 5 or 6 years apart- maybe a vid card between. The 5070Ti might be a buy if at least 256 bus and 16GB- if not- I will wait. Maybe its 5070Ti Super will be my next buy. Will guess I might not live long enough for an all new build and 8K. Normally when I build a new system I go up in monitor resolution.

Well- I have been playing/testing CP. At first my fps was low and the game was laggy. The last game update kicked all my last settings and skill points- everything. Being I never really played the game much- more or less just testing and playing something else- then a game update comes out and gets bad reviews I wait and hope patch fix' come. So- I never actually learn how to play it and or forget. Even now its confusing. The skill tree- selling gear- mods implants etc.

New updates I guess have added features to graphics settings. Its been so long since I played I cant remember how I had it all set up before- and whats new or not. Seems Path Tracing kills my FPS. So- I have been working with it- testing and make changes to other settings to try and get fps up some. I have fps near or better than what I had before. I cant really tell if the game looks any better or not. Not really sure what a lot of the settings actually do or change or best combination. I am not pulling out my hair- and again put off actually playing it. Some games I can start and play to the end. Some I start and delete- some I play a bit- walk away- play something else- or many other games and then come back. Some games can be a bit complicated for me- I really hate the games with a million key binds and have to try and use 30 keys at same time when in a fight in real time type chit. A-RPG- Stalker- Fallout4- Borderlands- Witcher Wild Hunt etc are my fav type games to play. Some games are over complicated and even glitchy buggy- like the devs make it as hard as possible as part of the game play. Yah- we will make them playing have to use 15 keys at 1 time while smashing 3. I get frustrated- gees- give me a break- lol.

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
The last game update kicked all my last settings and skill points- everything. Being I never really played the game much- more or less just testing and playing something else- then a game update comes out and gets bad reviews I wait and hope patch fix' come. So- I never actually learn how to play it and or forget. Even now its confusing. The skill tree- selling gear- mods implants etc.
Yep, it's somewhat confusing. But that's fine, because it's also somewhat easy and somewhat big - you'll have plenty of time to figure out the confusing stuff. Or just don't and do something else. I haven't done any melee since the tutorial, for instance.
Some games are over complicated and even glitchy buggy- like the devs make it as hard as possible as part of the game play. Yah- we will make them playing have to use 15 keys at 1 time while smashing 3. I get frustrated- gees- give me a break- lol.
Do you mean like fighting games? One of the big draws to those games is the complexity. Having that complexity makes it so practicing with a character for hours keeps rewarding you with more and more benefits. It's pretty fun if you've got the time to spend on it.

Regarding pathtracing, here's an example. This is a screenshot just using F12 - it's what I see when really playing the game.
full

Letting the photomode turn on the path tracing (and also some better form of anti-aliasing?)
full

Big fishy gets a big reflection! Without path tracing, I do still get plenty of great reflections. However, the path tracing seems to handle more complex situations, like multiple light sources, better. It lights up non-reflective surfaces with more realistic effects, too.

That said, I had to hunt around for a spot where this was really a big deal. Most of my screenshots look nearly the same when I compare photomode to a simple F12 shot.

Last edited:
Do you mean like fighting games? One of the big draws to those games is the complexity. Having that complexity makes it so practicing with a character for hours keeps rewarding you with more and more benefits. It's pretty fun if you've got the time to spend on it.
Nah- I dont play the fighting games- so I dont know. I guess they are like games I am talking about. Is lots of game on pc with 30 maybe up to 50 or more key binds and multi keys for take down or kill moves or spells whatever they call them. I dont have that many fingers or long enough or fast enough- all while trying to fight or not get killed in real time.

Maybe such games are easier on a controller- but I have heard people say most console games have less buttons to push or binds for just that reason- and a console has far less buttons than keys on keyboard. I like they old saying "keep it simple- stupid." Maybe too- those games are made by devs that have keyboard and mouse that can bind multi keys or buttons to 1 key or button. I guess I could understand that or then.

easier on a controller- but I have heard people say most console games have less buttons to push or binds for just that reason

I've read controller is better for fighting, sports and driving, whereas KB&M are better for strategy and FPS.

bind multi keys or buttons to 1 key or button

Not a good thing. Eg in Far Cry 6, E key is still bound to at least 8 actions:
Loot
Revive
Interact
Climb
Talk
Close
Use Mortar
Use Mounted Gun

managed to take out a whole garrison of cyber nomad clan with this throwable knife, it's an absolute delight to use with the 0-G mod. It basically works like a bullet, with huge headshot bonus.
o8Sb8QA.jpg

XBrdcLO.jpg

sometimes, you just have to have fun the old-fashioned way.
found this legendary smg that fires a thousand rounds per minute lol, combine that with movement incapacitation hack and enemy weapon glitch, you're just firing a whole mag into them while they can't move or shoot. using it with a silencer too, so it doesn't ruin my stealthy approach.
tryc0R.jpg

found a crafting blueprint for sth callled comrade's hammer, fires a single explosive shot with 3x the damage of a sniper rifle. charged weapon, so fires through walls as well.
trylng.jpg

tryrqN.jpg

trymxc.jpg

looted this military jacket, and instantly had this idea
"you talking to me ?"
tryzZW.jpg

tryVhP.jpg

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
About 100 hours in, here's how my V is looking...

Main Stats - it's all about being smart and cool...
full

Inventory
full

Skills (the vast majority of the Solo and practically all the Shinobi skill comes via shards)
full

Perks if you're curious:
Body (almost none, though I just gave myself that Fury Road perk after taking this shot)
Reflex (really none, not one reflex perk)
Tech (better health and grenade recharge, lots of cybernetic perks)
Cool (stealth and sniping)
Intelligence (also, I can kill you with my brain)
Relic (more stealth)

full

Here is my guy after 38 hours. As you can see I strictly only use my katana, grenades and Sandevistan. I’ve barely touched the story, I just finished the mission where you and Johnny go beyond the Blackwall to speak to Alt. As for the other storylines, I’m still waiting on Takemura to tell me when the parade is starting and I still need to talk to Panam for the first time. I’ve been busy doing gigs, side missions, NCPD alerts and exploring.

The racing missions with Claire are awesome. I completed the first three then had the deep talk with her. I comforted her and let her know we will win the finals for her late husband. I found that if you are driving on keyboard, holding shift while turning will make you turn slower which is especially helpful for sharp turns. The driving can be quite sensitive and I haven’t messed with the driving sensitivity option much but for now this method works good for me.

What I’m afraid of is what will happen once I finish all the gigs? I do this too often in many open world RPG’s, I spend so much time doing the side content that eventually I will run out and have to play the main story. Not that the story is bad or anything but I’m having a great deal of fun just exploring, killing enemies whenever I see them, and making a ton of eddies. You can see in the screenshot that I’m almost at 700k eddies and I’ve spent at least 500k on all apartments, vehicles and cyberware. What else can I really spend it on?

Zloth

Community Contributor
You can see in the screenshot that I’m almost at 700k eddies and I’ve spent at least 500k on all apartments, vehicles and cyberware. What else can I really spend it on?
Weapons, I suppose, and mods for the weapons. All in all, though, not much once you've got the vehicles and apartments you want. You might want to start dismantling weapons instead of selling them to get a little more Engineer skill. I don't think you get much out of it, but you aren't getting anything from more cash.

Things can get expensive. I mean, how much would you pay for a tire iron? €$6500?
full

Of course, this is a very high quality tire iron. They don't make'm like that anymore. Also, there's a bridge I could be persuaded to part with.... ;)

Reactions: neogunhero
Well I decided to drop by Vik’s last night and upgrade some chrome… ended up dropping 300K on it. Totally worth it as I’ve upgraded my melee damage a good 8% and melee attack speed 10%. Does anyone else prefer Vik as their main choice of ripperdoc? Whenever I go to other ripperdocs I kind of feel a bit guilty like I’m betraying Vik, since he saved my life and all. Speaking of which, I randomly stumbled upon Fingers earlier in the playthrough and upgraded some stuff with him. Later on in the story when you and Judy go to his shop to confront him, she says something along the lines of “looks like you two already know each other” and that just made me feel a bit scummy. I only used him because he just so happened to be where I was randomly wandering haha.

I really love using nothing but my katana. The lunge-thrust move you do when doing a power attack at an enemy from a distance is simply amazing. Cyberpunk has some of the best movement and combat in any game. If you aren’t using double jump cyberware are you even truly playing Cyberpunk? Kidding of course since this game supports a wide variety of different approaches and gameplay styles, but to me personally, I would miss out on a ton of fun if I didn’t have the double jump. It’s absolutely essential to me, and pairing it with Dash, Sandevistan and other melee based movement skills just makes it so much damn fun to play. When I’m fighting a large group of enemies I’m in midair 75% of the time.

I also finished Claire’s final race. You have to make the decision to either win the race or chase Samson off the track and kill him. It seemed like she really wanted him dead so we abandoned the race and tracked him down. I crashed and about lost him but luckily he was flipped upside down crawling out his car when we caught up. I didn’t stop Claire and didn’t care what Samson had to say. She wanted him dead so I didn’t interfere. At least I got her awesome truck, it drives very smoothly.

Since I’m still in Act 2 of the story and I’ve read Phantom Liberty is best played when you start it in Act 3, I’m really considering getting it now…

Zloth

Community Contributor
Pffft, if it ain't Gordon Freeman's crowbar, it doesn't rate!
Freeman!? He's still trying to work out how to use Tier 3!
Does anyone else prefer Vik as their main choice of ripperdoc?
I'll use whatever doc is around. Though I *did* pay Vik back pretty fast. (I looked up online how to catch up on my rent, too. It turns out that you can't.)

TRENDING THREADS