Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 Discussion

Just in case people are playing it with the new update. Let's start with my benchmark made with the in-game benchmarking tool.
Specs:
Laptop
GPU: RTX 3070ti (155 TGP)
CPU: i7-12700H
RAM: 16 GB
Installed on an SSD
1080p

Condition:
Ultra Including Ray Tracing but no Path Tracing
DLSS on Quality (1.0 Sharpness): 57 fps
DLSS on Balanced (.75 sharpness): 61 fps
DLSS on Performance (.5 sharpness): 65 fps
DLSS off: 28 fps

Presets with DLSS manually turned on
High Without Ray Tracing and no Path Tracing DLSS on Quality: 99 fps
Medium Without Ray Tracing and no Path Tracing DLSS on Quality: 104 fps (maybe CPU bound)
Low without Ray Tracing and no Path Tracing DLSS on Performance: 105 fps (definitely CPU bound at this point)

And just for fun:
Everything at Max including both Ray Tracing and Path Tracing
DLSS on Quality: 36 fps
DLSS on Performance: 52
DLSS off: 13 fps

If I were ambitious, I'd do this again on my desktop and other laptop, but I'm not that ambitious since the game is 3 years old.

I'm selecting the first choice: everything but the new path tracing with DLSS on "quality".

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Checked yesterday how the 2.0 version of the game works on my PC (AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, GeForce RTX 4070 and 16 GB RAM). I had 101 FPS in the built-in benchmark. Everything on max, Path Tracing on, Ray Reconstruction on, Frame Generation on, DLSS Super Resolution on Quality. With Frame Generation on and without DLSS 2 I have around 60 FPS. Without Frame Generation and DLSS 2 it hovers around 30 FPS. :p

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2023
Visit site
Just in case people are playing it with the new update. Let's start with my benchmark made with the in-game benchmarking tool.
Specs:
Laptop
GPU: RTX 3070ti (155 TGP)
CPU: i7-12700H
RAM: 16 GB
Installed on an SSD
1080p

Condition:
Ultra Including Ray Tracing but no Path Tracing
DLSS on Quality (1.0 Sharpness): 57 fps
DLSS on Balanced (.75 sharpness): 61 fps
DLSS on Performance (.5 sharpness): 65 fps
DLSS off: 28 fps

Presets with DLSS manually turned on
High Without Ray Tracing and no Path Tracing DLSS on Quality: 99 fps
Medium Without Ray Tracing and no Path Tracing DLSS on Quality: 104 fps (maybe CPU bound)
Low without Ray Tracing and no Path Tracing DLSS on Performance: 105 fps (definitely CPU bound at this point)

And just for fun:
Everything at Max including both Ray Tracing and Path Tracing
DLSS on Quality: 36 fps
DLSS on Performance: 52
DLSS off: 13 fps

If I were ambitious, I'd do this again on my desktop and other laptop, but I'm not that ambitious since the game is 3 years old.

I'm selecting the first choice: everything but the new path tracing with DLSS on "quality".
I got a new desktop 4 months ago.
I've been using AMD parts for years in laptops and desktops.
I got CP on PS4 and unless they're going to offer it for free or very cheap with the DLC at any point in the future I'm not getting another copy.

AMD Fluid Motion Frames is at driver level in Adrenaline so I don't think Nvidia cards will get that. I mean, they might but it won't be as effective as the one built into drivers. I think games with it integrated feed data back to the drivers to make it more accurate.
FSR3 is shared across all platforms.

They aren't the same thing

They added support for RX 6000 Series yesterday but you have to use a special driver just to access it. I haven't bothered yet, I am willing to wait for it to be in the normal drivers

Last edited:
wow those hacks are getting dark at lvl4
fvyOivO.jpg

q98WDBH.jpg

time slowdown on detection (synaptic accelerator) +smart sniper rifle always land an epic headshot animation.
x84hWbb.jpg

1qENOAu.jpg

I'm currently sick at home and I'm glad I started my second playthrough.
the gameplay is amazing and night city looks fantastic with PT on after the update.
WM5oumC.jpg

GEQEtE.jpg

GEQpor.jpg

GEQSZR.jpg

GE3poF.jpg

ZmlenO1.jpg

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
Various clothing items are stored in various places outside and in missions which you can take for free. Or you can buy them from vendors - though the price goes up as your level goes up, because: video game. Or you can bring all the stores to any connected computer in the game using this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/5544

The photo mode unlocker will help make screenshots. It adds some poses but the big selling point for me was that you can zoom in and out much further. https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/4319

The mods in this game depend on other mods more than I've seen in other games. I think you'll need three or four other mods just to enable both of these!

Zloth

Community Contributor
I think there will be more than enough quests to support two play-throughs.

I made a discovery last night: shoes matter when trying to be stealthy. Shoes aren't just cosmetic things that make a different noise for you when you walk on different surfaces - enemy NPCs can hear them! I may be doing the rest of my missions barefoot. (The game does not realistically model tetanus.)

@D10S - are you doing your screenshots with screenshot mode? I've started duplicating shots, using both GOG's overlay screenshots and the in-game photomode. Photomode is better about not pixilating my character's hair and it can mix light sources much better, but it can sometimes blur my character's face or get screwy with the brightness. (It also locks up the game about 15% of the time.)

Last edited:
yes, except those two that show enemies through walls and the two that show available hacks in the screenshot thread.

I have zero lockups in photo mode, no iq issues either.

I found this beauty on a cyberpsycho, tech shougun with -50% damage penalty on shooting through walls (two epic mods, 25% each). It's so damn good I stopped playing stealthily, I just tag the guys, find a room with no one inside, and blast everyone through cover.

LXYs2DX.jpg

the game looks so good, I don't think anything touches it. The new Alan Wake only comes close at times, but cp2077 looks great in every shot. I think you literally can't take a "meh" shot with path tracing enabled.

gfR60oT.jpg

DfqQT90.jpg

IblZJCk.jpg

uGG1wjY.jpg

SzGCb7F.jpg

uVtUtI0.jpg

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
Well, I see CD Projekt is still into difficulty spikes. They got a lid on those in Witcher 3, but W1 and W2 had nasty spikes. Now I hit one in Cyberpunk, namely: Oda. He mostly uses melee, which I'm terrible against, but can also hit me with guided (smart) attacks from some sort of machinegun. He heals himself, too.

I was able to hide from him once, but then he makes himself invisible before heading out to look for me! He will become visible if I set a camera to distract, because he'll wander over and shoot out the camera. Maybe I can use camera pings to find him, and use my silenced sniper rifle? Or even get behind him and knock him out?

Well, if it gets to be too much, I've got LOTS of attribute points and perk points I can spend. I've got a lot of cash, too, if I want to go back to just before the mission start and buy something pricey.

From what I can tell this pays way more than doing the job exactly how the fixer wants it. Just random numbers, but it seems a standard gig will pay 5k, 8k if you do it quietly. If I kill everyone and only get paid 5k for the job, I’m going to make at least an extra 5k from selling all the weapons, so really it makes more money to be a bloodthirsty samurai.
You get lots the other way, too, assuming you're knocking most of the enemies out. When I was first starting out, it seemed like knocking them out was less likely to result in broken guns, though I'm not sure that's a real feature. It could have just been dumb luck.

Of course, it takes far longer to do all that sneaking and distracting.

P.S. I never should have given Judy that cigarette. She's smoking almost non-stop now!

He mostly uses melee, which I'm terrible against…
As a katana main, I am absolutely terrible at blocking and counterattacking. I just can’t time their hits correctly. Even if I spam block when I think they’re gonna hit, I rarely get it perfectly. So, I bought a Sandevistan to make up for it. I can get behind them, slice and dice, then dash out the way. It kinda sucks to have to give up quick hacks, but really I rarely used them during combat. I would like to have them but I’d rather have slow-mo more.

How am I only 17 hours into this playthrough and already almost level 40 Street Cred?

Zloth

Community Contributor
I'm not quite up to that and I've got over 60 hours in the game. But I'm SNEAKY! Well, most of the time. It takes a looong time to get through every encounter.

I've been reading the 2020 (2.0) rules for Cyberpunk. There's a little story in the rulebook called "Never Fade Away" about Silverhand, Rogue, Alt, Santiago, and a program named Soulkiller. ;)

TRENDING THREADS