CPU upgrade query

Jun 19, 2020
Visit site
Currently have an i3 4160
and looking to upgrade to either an i5 4690 or i7 4770, low end upgrade i know but it's budget based at the moment. already upgraded GPU to a 1060 3gb and hitting bottlenecks on CPU for basic games at 1080P, most modern games I can currently play on lower setting is RDR2 and Forza Horizon 4. and would appreciate any thoughts on my options.

My advice would probably be not to sink more money into your old platform at this point. It depends on local pricing but older i7s and sometimes even i5s can sell for so much that it's just not worth it versus saving up cash and getting a new CPU, mobo, and RAM anyway.

Most of the time you'd still be limited by your GPU or capped to 60fps or only a little bottlenecked anyway.

Reactions: stevemcongdon
Jun 19, 2020
Visit site
My advice would probably be not to sink more money into your old platform at this point. It depends on local pricing but older i7s and sometimes even i5s can sell for so much that it's just not worth it versus saving up cash and getting a new CPU, mobo, and RAM anyway.

Most of the time you'd still be limited by your GPU or capped to 60fps or only a little bottlenecked anyway.

Thanks it's where i was thinking of going but loathed to ditch a full rig but maybe best to invest in something with a little more longevity in it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts