Console gamer looking to switch to PC

Oct 22, 2020
Visit site
Hello!

I am a lifelong console gamer looking to switch to a gaming laptop and wanted to get some views from PC gamers.... This came about from looking to get a PS5, but also seeing some really good deals on gaming laptops (amazing deals out there for £500-700), and knowing that PC versions of AAA games tend to be cheaper. Also not looking for a desktop as I want to use it for normal laptop tasks too.

QUESTIONS
- How easy is it go get console like gaming on a PC - I want to use a controller and plug it in my TV -will this work fine?
- Is it just plug and play for controllers, or will I have to configure it for each game , or does Steam recognise common controllers and assign keys to them?
- If I buy a £600-£700 laptop, will this give me a good level of performance for AAA (I am seeing some with 2-4gb dedicated NVIDIA)?

I have played PC games before, but these tend to be strategy ones (Football Manager, Hearts of Iron) or deliberately older ones on my basic laptop (Day Z, Arma 3, Rome Total War) rather than AAA ones I play on PlayStation.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Hello!

I am a lifelong console gamer looking to switch to a gaming laptop and wanted to get some views from PC gamers.... This came about from looking to get a PS5, but also seeing some really good deals on gaming laptops (amazing deals out there for £500-700), and knowing that PC versions of AAA games tend to be cheaper. Also not looking for a desktop as I want to use it for normal laptop tasks too.

QUESTIONS
- How easy is it go get console like gaming on a PC - I want to use a controller and plug it in my TV -will this work fine?
- Is it just plug and play for controllers, or will I have to configure it for each game , or does Steam recognise common controllers and assign keys to them?
- If I buy a £600-£700 laptop, will this give me a good level of performance for AAA (I am seeing some with 2-4gb dedicated NVIDIA)?

I have played PC games before, but these tend to be strategy ones (Football Manager, Hearts of Iron) or deliberately older ones on my basic laptop (Day Z, Arma 3, Rome Total War) rather than AAA ones I play on PlayStation.

Thanks!
Hi,
1- yes you can plug your tv easily and your controller to (windows 10 are compatible with xbox controller. And the new ps5 controller will be working in windows to)
2- Developers are building AAA games to be played with controller so you will find it in game sitting.
3- if you going to get laptop in this budget range maybe you should get used one to get the best pc experience (if you target AAA games 1080p 60fps without the new RTX thing maybe you can find a good one for 700 New i5 with gtx1660S) but if you can get more money or find something used will be better, laptop is a multi task so you may consider sounding more or go with desktop (there is some small cases if you want to build desktop pc with the same size as PS5).
4- sometime you will have some problem if you are not used to windows but every sulition is in youtube and its easy.

Do a lot of searching to find your best one ,good luck.

TRENDING THREADS