Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 30 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Everyone knows laptops suck ;)
Laptops are more intimate and flexible. Laptops are #1. Steam Decks are #2. Desktops are #3. Consoles suck.

Colony Survival
Me, the benevolent king: "Hey, in the engineering building..."

Guido: "I'm heading there right now."

Me, the benevolent king: "Well, there are some guys hanging around like they don't have jobs."

Guido: "Oh yeah. I hired them for a building project and they finished."

Me, the benevolent king: "Ah, well, I can probably..."

BANG BANG BANG BANG

Me, the psychopath tyrant: "Did you just shoot them!"

Guido: "Yeah"

Guido is going to make a great tech CEO someday, always willing to make the tough decisions.

Last edited:
We had a cat for a few years. It was a rescue cat that we got when she was a little kitten. But cute kittens grow up into things I don't want in my house. For one thing, I'm allergic to cat (and dog) dander, and constantly dealing with cat hair all over the place, including floating in the air, really sucks. Dealing with the litter box really sucks. But most of all, our cat ended up kind of going crazy and peeing all over everything. One thing I learned is no matter what you try, you will never get that smell out. It peed all over all of our furniture, carpets, rugs, everything. I don't know how many thousands of dollars we paid replacing furniture more than once. The cat also had a really weird habit of dragging her butt on the carpet and leaving streaks. We had to use the carpet cleaner almost every day. Eventually, I finally had enough and didn't care if the rest of the family protested. I wasn't sad when we gave her away.

Needless to say, I will never have another animal in my house, with the possible exception of a fish tank.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I'm also allergic to dogs & cats, so naturally we had both in the house while I was growing up. It wasn't that bad, until I went to college and got soft. Now I can only stay in the house for 4 or 5 hours before my allergies start to get nasty.

The cat also had a really weird habit of dragging her butt on the carpet and leaving streaks.
Oh yeah, that feels great when you've got a little itch... oh, I mean, I'm sure it feels great for the cat.

Ahem. May I refer you to a recent MS thread started by someone… :p
I hear Elon is looking for somebody to take over Twitter.

I never anthropomorphize, I'm actually a very smart cat on a laptop:)

Great answer, I apologize for the insult to your people.

Yeah, difficult to pin down, isn't it?

Same here, dragged up on a small farm. Good relationship with our cat(s)—we'd feed it, it would regularly drop a mouse on the back doorstep. Dog(s), small farm animals & birds, etc. I don't think I experienced an indoor dog or cat until my 20s.

Whatever about cats, I don't like to see indoor big dogs. They're made to run around outside, not lie on the floor all day.

Fact, huh?
pEiL2NM.png

Cant argue with a meme, except with a Gif

View: https://media.giphy.com/media/9rtpurjbqiqZXbBBet/giphy.gif

Wait a minute @ZedClampet that's a laptop, now I'm really confused.

The problem with dogs is that they are so freaking needy. To be perfectly honest, I sort of regret caving to the wife and kids when we got our current dog. If someone showed up at my house tomorrow and said, "If you give me $100, I'll take the dog," I'd have to just tell everyone...well, I'd blame it on Biden and Trump and maybe Pelosi and Sarah Palin? Plus big government and capitalism. Then I'd start singing The Battle Hymn of the Republic, and sneak off during the confusion to take a nap.

Whatever about cats, I don't like to see indoor big dogs. They're made to run around outside, not lie on the floor all day.

I don't know about that, there's definitely some dogs that don't mind lounging around all day, no matter their size. We have a greyhound mix and they're known to sleep up to 20 hours a day, which is more than cats!

One thing I learned is no matter what you try, you will never get that smell out.

I've had good experiences with enzyme cleaners, especially when you get to it early.

I've had good experiences with enzyme cleaners, especially when you get to it early.
Maybe my cat was different. I paid good money for enzyme cleaners formulated specifically for pet urine, and it didn't do squat, other than add its own odor to what was already there. I tried every hack out there to no avail. Like I said, we had to replace most of our furniture a couple of times before we finally got rid of her. :(

Great answer, I apologize for the insult to your people.
Just watch out when you leave the house the Finnish cat mafia have been informed:devilish:. It's the owners who think w e are on the lead.

I think we can only generalise, some cats are less intelligent than others, but none are as unintelligent as dogs(I'm not stirring this debate up honest;)). Dogs fetch sticks(my son's dog, a retriever would beg me to throw that dam stick until I went crazy).

But cats have almost double the number of neurons as dogs. But also cats build more intelligent neural connections and networks.

They are playful and very curious about everything. Also they live in two different worlds; they learn about the human world and never stop watching. Heck they've been studying us since Egyptian times, bring a human one dead mouse, get fed premium tuna for a year. But they also have a complete and interesting life outside(usually).

Just watch out when you leave the house the Finnish cat mafia have been informed:devilish:. It's the owners who think w e are on the lead.

I think we can only generalise, some cats are less intelligent than others, but none are as unintelligent as dogs(I'm not stirring this debate up honest;)). Dogs fetch sticks(my son's dog, a retriever would beg me to throw that dam stick until I went crazy).

But cats have almost double the number of neurons as dogs. But also cats build more intelligent neural connections and networks.

They are playful and very curious about everything. Also they live in two different worlds; they learn about the human world and never stop watching. Heck they've been studying us since Egyptian times, bring a human one dead mouse, get fed premium tuna for a year. But they also have a complete and interesting life outside(usually).

All I'll say is if Clifford was a cat, it would have been a horror film and not a cute childrens show.

All I'll say is if Clifford was a cat, it would have been a horror film and not a cute childrens show.

If housecats were the size of German Shepherds, we'd all be dead. Most of my cats would periodically attack me just out of the blue. Often they were loving, but there were times I suspected they only humored me because of my size advantage.

I think they'd be more violent than tame tigers.
I watched a video once (there's no way I could find it now) that claimed that lions were more even-tempered and reliable pets than tigers.

I want to put a leash on one of those large, alpha male lions with the black in their manes and take it to the busy walking trail near my house. "That's right! Not going to hit me with your bike now, are you!"

The only downside to having the park to myself would be that instead of a normal "pooper scooper" I'd have to bring a full-sized shovel and heavy duty garbage bag.

Public Service Announcement:

If you are ever on the run and worried about facial recognition technology (for instance, if your lion ate 3 people while you walked at the park), grow a giant beard and wear glasses. My iPhone hasn't recognized me in ages. I finally turned facial recognition off.

Also, there's a pretty painful video on YouTube of these people in India (maybe), the video is in black and white so it was some years ago, who pitted a tiger versus a lion. They were in a sort of concave pit. At first, both the tiger and the lion wanted nothing more than to get away from each other and tried in vain to climb out of the pit, but when it was clear they couldn't escape, the fight started. In the end, they were lying next to each other panting, exhausted and losing blood. They both died. It was a fascinating encounter, but one that should have never happened.

Last edited:
I watched a video once (there's no way I could find it now) that claimed that lions were more even-tempered and reliable pets than tigers.

I want to put a leash on one of those large, alpha male lions with the black in their manes and take it to the busy walking trail near my house. "That's right! Not going to hit me with your bike now, are you!"

The only downside to having the park to myself would be that instead of a normal "pooper scooper" I'd have to bring a full-sized shovel and heavy duty garbage bag.

If you are ever on the run and worried about facial recognition technology (for instance, if your lion ate 3 people while you walked at the park), grow a giant beard and wear glasses. My iPhone hasn't recognized me in ages. I finally turned facial recognition off.

Also, there's a pretty painful video on YouTube of these people in India (maybe), the video is in black and white so it was some years ago, who pitted a tiger versus a lion. They were in a sort of concave pit. At first, both the tiger and the lion wanted nothing more than to get away from each other and tried in vain to climb out of the pit, but when it was clear they couldn't escape, the fight started. In the end, they were lying next to each other panting, exhausted and losing blood. They both died. It was a fascinating encounter, but one that should have never happened.
This is the type of post where you want to react with a laugh the whole time, but then you throw something in at the end to make you cry, so you feel awkward still reacting with a laugh. Lol

A friend of mine had to look after a friend's dog for a while, a rottweiler or similar. He started to enjoy the power as everyone on the street moved aside.

I do think it's hilarious as a non smoker and non dog owner lover(I really hate it when owners seem to share saliva with their dog:poop:), that nowadays smokers have to stand outside in the rain and cold to indulge, and dog owners have to scoop up steaming poop in a thin plastic bag. Laugh much.

I saw some of those YT animal fight clubs. One was a lion in a closed barn with a bull, the lion was winning until the bull just went crazy. Usually lions and tigers would never meet, as from two different continents but they have been introducing tigers into Africa for some reason.

The worst fight club was in the wild, hippo vs lion, no guesses who lost!

A friend of mine had to look after a friend's dog for a while, a rottweiler or similar. He started to enjoy the power as everyone on the street moved aside.

I do think it's hilarious as a non smoker and non dog owner lover(I really hate it when owners seem to share saliva with their dog:poop:), that nowadays smokers have to stand outside in the rain and cold to indulge, and dog owners have to scoop up steaming poop in a thin plastic bag. Laugh much.

I saw some of those YT animal fight clubs. One was a lion in a closed barn with a bull, the lion was winning until the bull just went crazy. Usually lions and tigers would never meet, as from two different continents but they have been introducing tigers into Africa for some reason.

The worst fight club was in the wild, hippo vs lion, no guesses who lost!
I'm not a fan of people owning rots or other dangerous dogs. In fact, I enjoyed the video (speaking of animal fights) where a Pit Bull managed to get into a tiger enclosure at a zoo at night. Dog was barking and acting all aggressive and the tiger, quick as lightning, picked it up in its jaws and carried it off camera, presumably for a late night snack. I just tried to find that video and found several pit bull vs tiger videos. What the heck? Must be a bunch of drunk rednecks saying, "Hey, Elmer! Let's sneak in the zoo. Bet you $2 my dog can whip a tiger!"

I'd imagine something as large and angry as a hippo would probably beat a lion, not to mention that their skin is something like 2 or 3 inches thick. That's going to be hard for a lion. Slashing won't do much and even biting through it--you probably wouldn't reach anything vital.

The bull I imagine would come out on the losing end most of the time if they weren't confined to a barn. With the lion's speed and agility, it would be hard for the bull in open spaces.

Extreme dog lovers are quite something. I talked to a woman online once who said that if her dog and her 1 year old son were in the street and she could only save one of them that she wasn't sure which one she would pick. I couldn't help it. I flat out let her have it before blocking all communications from her.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of people owning rots or other dangerous dogs. In fact, I enjoyed the video (speaking of animal fights) where a Pit Bull managed to get into a tiger enclosure at a zoo at night. Dog was barking and acting all aggressive and the tiger, quick as lightning, picked it up in its jaws and carried it off camera, presumably for a late night snack. I just tried to find that video and found several pit bull vs tiger videos. What the heck?

I'd imagine something as large and angry as a hippo would probably win, not to mention that their skin is something like 2 or 3 inches thick. That's going to be hard for a lion. Slashing won't do much and even biting through it--you probably wouldn't reach anything vital.

The bull I imagine would come out on the losing end most of the time if they weren't confined to a barn. With the lion's speed and agility, it would be hard for the bull in open spaces.

Extreme dog lovers are quite something. I talked to a woman online once who said that if her dog and her 1 year old son were in the street and she could only save one of them that she wasn't sure which one she would pick. I couldn't help it. I flat out let her have it before blocking all communications from her.
Yes we contiually get stories here of dogs attacking humans, dog vs human fight club. Sometimes it's children, maybe they get jealous of their owners new baby or a child just doesn't understand it's not a cuddly toy.

But many dogs are banned because they are too dangerous and dog owners do get macho with them. Sometimes I suppose it must be the breeding that maybe affects them and makes them psycho.

I just looked on YT, so many fake animal fights. In the hippo one I saw the hippo crushed the lion's lower jaw, the lion didn't seem to realise. Not sure how it didn't feel pain, tried to drink but couldn't. Hippos are considered most dangerous herbivore in Africa(as I'm sure you knew).

I certainly wouldn't want to kiss a woman after she's had her dogs tongue around there, YUK!
(edited because I'm a pedant and I definitely need a better wired KB, keep losing letters)

Last edited:
I flat out let her have it
Does anyone have the video of Zed v Mom of the year, in an enclosed screen?

Sometimes I suppose it must be the breeding that maybe affects them and makes them psycho
The dogs, or the owners?

I certainly wouldn't want to kiss a woman after she's had her dogs tongue around there
It's mutual—why do you think she picked the dog first? :D

Interesting 1-minute audio "illusion"—I heard going up—you?

Reminds me of the blue/gold dress one, which I was stunned to discover I got wrong. If you haven't seen it, is her dress blue or gold?

Reactions: Pifanjr
Yeah, some people are crazy. I know an older couple who always had a couple of little dogs, and then at one point, they had to take custody of their grandson, who was in a bad situation. The man was angry with the boy (probably like 13-14 years old at the time) for wanting to sit in the chair that his dogs always used to sit in. It was the only available chair for him.

I knew another guy who would save an eagle, or a lot of other animals, and let a human child die if he had to choose, because he said certain animals are endangered, and the world is being overpopulated by humans.

Interesting 1-minute audio "illusion"—I heard going up—you?

Reminds me of the blue/gold dress one, which I was stunned to discover I got wrong. If you haven't seen it, is her dress blue or gold?

I heard the notes going up and the dress appears to be blue.

I can vaguely remember the dress. Seems like ages ago. Not sure which color it actually is, but I remember getting it right at the time.

My daughter, after arriving back at her apartment last night, called in on Discord to start up a game and said her friends weren't very exciting (because she was back early on a Friday night). I said that was the best news I'd heard all day. I had a lot of exciting friends, and not only was I fortunate to never go to jail, but I'm very fortunate to be alive.

TRENDING THREADS