Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 81 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
AMUSING

I asked CoPilot

A Moron Using Science Is Not Good

Since that food is made from ingredients [mainly corn if I recall correctly] that have been stamped on and whacked until they're mush, sounds to me like you're where you're supposed to be.

"there are no wrong opinions,"

That was only ever propagated by morons with wrong opinions.

MORON

Move On, Ready Or Not

Yours,
IDIOT
[Irish Dunse Iz Oftin Tocksick]

Finally after a solid 8-hours of sleep and an entire day lazing around on Monday, I think I'm finally recovered from 24-hours on my feet over the weekend.

And now, I get to crawl under my van this week to change the oil. I was checking my log book the other week and realized it's been a year (!!) since I did an oil change on it; I could've sworn it was only a few months. Thankfully, it'll be very nice this week (in the 60's, after we got 2' of snow on Thursday/Friday) and my van is tall enough that I should just be able to crawl under it without getting it up on jackstands, which is a pain in the ass.

Just got a full screen ad for upgrading to Win11 after booting up my PC. It was jarring to say the least. I’m not against Win11, it’s just that I’ve used Win10 longer than any other OS, this summer will be 9 years straight of me using Win10. I may hold off as long as I can the same way people held onto Win7 before moving onto 10.

In other news, after playing AC Valhalla for 2 hours straight on ultra settings, my GPU never went above 64c and CPU didn’t even hit 55c. Super happy with how cool and smooth everything is working. I was seriously considering another CPU cooler before I bought the 5700X, so I’m really glad to see I don’t need one actually. May test out RDR2, there was a minor update that added FSR 2.2. Previously I could play on High settings and get a decently stable 60fps but with hitching and slowdown in specific areas, so I’ll try tonight on full ultra.

Reactions: Pifanjr

Zloth

Community Contributor
I've got mine set to 'not ready.' I think I can go into the BIOS and turn on that encryption do-dad so it will be ready, though I haven't looked it up to be sure. I know if I do, I'll get pestered by Microsoft to do the update, and I'm still not seeing much reason to do so.

The plan SHOULD be to get a whole new PC around when Windows 12 shows up, thus avoiding upgrading completely. Computers just aren't advancing fast enough to make that worth it, though, unless something really cool shows up in the next year.

The wife called me and gave me the model number of a $3000 laptop that she wants me to buy Guido for school, and she'll pay half once I tell her what the final price was. Yeah, right. When am I gonna get her half for the Nikon camera she wanted, or for the used car "we" bought my daughter? She does this all the time. I told her I'd buy it as soon as her $1500 hit my account. It's not about the money at all. If she had just said, "He needs this. Will you buy it for him?" then I would have already bought it. It's the little promise she keeps throwing in and not keeping that's the problem. And I want to make it clear, she has money. She's making more money than I ever did.

Ordered a Sabrent SATA M2 SSD to SATA III adapter today on Amazon for $12. When I got my new M2 last September, I didn’t realize that the M2 SSD I had previously was a SATA M2, and on my mobo only one slot supported SATA M2 which was also the faster of the two slots, meaning if I put my new SSD in slot 2 it would reduce the speed down to 500MB/s, down from 3500. So I bit the bullet, swapped the faster drive for the old one, and the old one has sat on my desk ever since. I forgotten about it until this past week when I realized 1.5TB total isn’t enough for me anymore.

Fast forward to today when it just hit me: don’t they make an adapter for this thing? Indeed they do specifically for SATA M2s, the adapter doesn’t matter much since 500mb/s is the max speed on this drive. For $12 and a spare SATA cable I’m regaining an entire terabyte. Not the fastest drive but I’m happy to have it for the extra storage. These are the kinds of things I really need to research before buying a drive so I don’t cause headaches like this again.

Ordered a Sabrent SATA M2 SSD to SATA III adapter today on Amazon for $12. When I got my new M2 last September, I didn’t realize that the M2 SSD I had previously was a SATA M2, and on my mobo only one slot supported SATA M2 which was also the faster of the two slots, meaning if I put my new SSD in slot 2 it would reduce the speed down to 500MB/s, down from 3500. So I bit the bullet, swapped the faster drive for the old one, and the old one has sat on my desk ever since. I forgotten about it until this past week when I realized 1.5TB total isn’t enough for me anymore.

Fast forward to today when it just hit me: don’t they make an adapter for this thing? Indeed they do specifically for SATA M2s, the adapter doesn’t matter much since 500mb/s is the max speed on this drive. For $12 and a spare SATA cable I’m regaining an entire terabyte. Not the fastest drive but I’m happy to have it for the extra storage. These are the kinds of things I really need to research before buying a drive so I don’t cause headaches like this again.
Nice. I've said it before here but I cant really tell the difference between any of my SATA or NVME SSD's practically speaking, even if on paper its like 5 and 8x read speed difference from SATA to PCI-E 3.0 and 4.0

Nice. I've said it before here but I cant really tell the difference between any of my SATA or NVME SSD's practically speaking, even if on paper its like 5 and 8x read speed difference from SATA to PCI-E 3.0 and 4.0
The 3500mb/s drive did seem to make Windows a bit quicker but not very significantly. Same thing with games, maybe they load a second or two faster but overall it’s quite unnoticeable.

Dont really know. Forspoken had it and there was like 3 seconds difference in level load times according to Toms IIRC. Not sure if the ability to stream textures straight from storage to GPU is actually all that useful on PC if you already have a ton of VRAM, which consoles dont. Thats just me flapping jaw though, I dont really know anything technical about it or how game engines can use it.

Beware posting to other forum sites, they may not be as friendly as you guys are here.

I posted to a IT forum asking if buying a dedicated PCIe ethernet adapter would have any benefit over my built in one on my mobo. I clearly explained how I know speed wise there will be no difference since my ISP speed doesn’t even come close to maxing out what my ethernet adapter is capable of. I’m wanting to know specifically if the newer Intel chipsets would have any advantage over latency, stability, performance, anything at all.

I was basically called an idiot and got loads of replies from different people all saying the exact same thing. I was just curious… :ROFLMAO:

My Sabrent SATA M2 to SATA adapter came in yesterday. That was the quickest an Amazon order has ever arrived before, it was less than 24 hours from when I placed the order which is surprising since I live in a fairly rural area.

Installation was surprisingly easy. Take apart the cover, connect M2, screw it down, then screw the cover together with the worlds tiniest screws ever created. Seriously, these things were the size of breadcrumbs. I got it hooked up and decided why the heck not, let’s replug in the hard drive also. I had files on both drives still but only games so I formatted both drives. I just got myself an extra 1TB 500mb/s SSD and 1TB HDD that’s just been sitting around for months. No idea why it took me so long to get them plugged back in, I suppose I thought 1.5TB would really be enough for me.

If you need something expensive, like a CPAP machine, it's worth it to do a search on Google on your phone. Companies compete for clicks on Google, and you can just do a search on your PC, but sometimes they give deeper discounts if you are on your phone (they think phone users have less money than PC users).

I went straight to a CPAP store and their best deal was over $950. When I searched on Google, they popped up with the exact same machine for $440. I got the same price on both my phone and my PC, but I've read articles before that using your phone can sometimes save you a few bucks.

Brilliant!
cdyN5Bc.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts