Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 79 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Zloth

Community Contributor
Has YouTube finally had enough for Adblockers and is outright severing the connection to any browser it detects is using it?
They would give you some sort of "Lose the AdBlock ya' freeloader!" message so you would know how to get the site working again. (OK, it would probably be a little more diplomatic, but that would be the gist of it.)

As for the games, put'm on your wish list!

Core part of PG is saving on hardware—no need for the shiny super-expensive stuff. So a true PGer wouldn't be able to play those games your saliva is dripping on! I know, I've checked with a certain longing… :D
To be fair, the new Like A Dragon game has some surprisingly low system req’s. Recommended is a Ryzen 1600 and an RTX 2060, which is exactly what I have if you add an X to the end of the 1600;)…but that $70 price tag is not appealing. Best to wait for a 50% discount or perhaps it will come to Game Pass eventually.

I can barely run CP2077 at a steady 60fps on Medium settings with DLSS turned on, so that’s another good reason to be more patient. I may not be a TRUE PG, but I’m trying haha

They would give you some sort of "Lose the AdBlock ya' freeloader!" message so you would know how to get the site working again. (OK, it would probably be a little more diplomatic, but that would be the gist of it.)

As for the games, put'm on your wish list!
I remember getting the 4 warnings earlier last year. They say “your video will stop playing because we detect you use an adblocker which is against our ToS”. As for now, I’ve uninstalled my adblocker and haven’t yet looked into using a different service or just trying to figure out why uBlock isn’t working properly. It’s just YT that is giving me issues. I bet a simple clean install of the extension will do the trick.

Reactions: Zloth and Pifanjr
Finally got Microsoft 365. Got the personal edition for $39.99 for a year.

Frustratingly, my wife was trying to send me an invitation to join her family plan, and I couldn't get it to work. This went on, off and on, for about 2 weeks until I gave in and bought my own sub. Then about 10 minutes after I finally gave up, she told me she had accidentally sent the invitation from an expired account. That's fine, though. I had to call an end to the futility at some point, and I really needed Office. Open Office has just really gone down hill, and I really need Excel for my new "job" on the sports game and for modding Total War. Plus, the charity I sit on the board for has put me in charge of finances. (due to the bylaws, I have to leave the board and the finance position at the end of 2024 due to the accumulation of 3 total years of service. My wife will probably take my place.)

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Howdy fellow gamers, how goes the... by the Hood! It's been a while. Again.

I've seen the YT discussion here, I've only encountered the "thou art limited" message once. After that I simply updated my filters and boom, issue gone. It seems all Google is achieving is make more people discover Firefox and other browser than anything. And that's good actually.

Open Office has just really gone down hill

Oh yeah, for a long time. Libre Office seems to be the alternative now, but you're better with MS for peace of mind when dealing with external people.

Weren't we here again last year?

I may be crazy, but I'm not rich, and I'm definitely not rich and crazy, so I will not be spending $300 on coffee from Konacoffee.com.

The person I used to buy Kona from seems to have lost her mind. Her website is filled with messages that you must show proof of covid vaccination in order to purchase, and a long, rambling post about deleting social media messages.

I think I've found another coffee farmer to buy direct from, but I need to do a little more research on them before I place an online order. Need to be quick about it because this is the only time of year you can really order Kona unless you want old coffee.

I may be crazy, but I'm not rich, and I'm definitely not rich and crazy, so I will not be spending $300 on coffee from Konacoffee.com.

The person I used to buy Kona from seems to have lost her mind. Her website is filled with messages that you must show proof of covid vaccination in order to purchase, and a long, rambling post about deleting social media messages.

I think I've found another coffee farmer to buy direct from, but I need to do a little more research on them before I place an online order. Need to be quick about it because this is the only time of year you can really order Kona unless you want old coffee.
Have you ever had a Pinon coffee? It's out of New Mexico and is hands down the best coffee I've ever had. I'm lucky I can get it at Costco here, but I'm also relatively close to New Mexico, so that probably matters.

I do know my sister orders it directly from them and gets all kinds of crazy flavors, but I just like their default stuff, whatever comes in the red bag. Been drinking it for years now and while I'll drink other stuff, I don't care to.

I don't recommend ordering it from Amazon, as I get this stuff at Costco for $10.99 a 2lb bag.

Have you ever had a Pinon coffee? It's out of New Mexico and is hands down the best coffee I've ever had. I'm lucky I can get it at Costco here, but I'm also relatively close to New Mexico, so that probably matters.

I do know my sister orders it directly from them and gets all kinds of crazy flavors, but I just like their default stuff, whatever comes in the red bag. Been drinking it for years now and while I'll drink other stuff, I don't care to.

I don't recommend ordering it from Amazon, as I get this stuff at Costco for $10.99 a 2lb bag.
Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Finally feel like I can take a little break from all this painting I've been doing. Started building models on January 6th and started painting them on January 9th. At this point, I've built around 80-85 models and have painted 71 (Since 1/9. If I include my other stuff since December, it's well over 100) with the following one finished. I still have about 18 miniatures to paint, of varying sizes, before mid-March, but I'm getting there. I did prime 8 of them this morning, but didn't have any motivation to slap any paint on them; so I may take tomorrow off and then I'll be busy all weekend, so I'll have a nice 3-day break. I'm definitely a little worn out and feeling a little lack of motivation.

Still feel like I really need to crank, but I'm allowing myself a break, even if it makes me anxious...

Mods, if you ever hear that Future has decided to close this forum due to low traffic, please give me a few days notice so I can set us up a new home. Hopefully we get enough traffic and provide enough links and keywords to be seen as valuable, but you never know. If would take less than 30 minutes to get a new PC Gamer Fan Forum set up, but it would be nice to have some notice so all the regulars know where we are going.

Big atta-girl to my daughter. They had an active shooter lockdown at her school (turns out there really wasn't a shooter). She was in class and said people were screaming and crying, and she stood up and yelled, "Shut the f***k up!" and went over and shut the door, which automatically locks it. She then sat at her desk and quietly finished her homework while most others hid under their desks (you can't see in the room with the door shut. There's no glass)

I asked her why the professor hadn't shut the door, but she said he looked like he was about to panic with the rest of them. Seems like maybe running some drills might be called for.

Haven't heard from Guido, yet. He's at work.

Watching a video re the fraud problem in science, some funny examples of people using AI to plagiarize existing papers by rewriting and substituting. Answer in spoiler re what these phrases ended up as:

3SeyS9g.png

4ZoPQXc.png

This thread died down recently, I hope everyone is doing good!

I’ve made some small changes to the gaming desk recently. Since my friend and I have been wanting to play some old Xbox games, I moved my Xbox One to my desk and it fits perfectly under my monitor stand. The WiFi on the darn thing is not working properly, it gets about 1MB/s when I have 30MB/s internet. When it’s on Ethernet, it gets the full speed, so I brought it to my desk so I don’t have to route an Ethernet cable 25 feet to my room.

To replace the Xbox in our bedroom which was mostly a glorified $200 streaming box, I bought Walmart’s brand Onn Google TV streaming stick for $14.88 and it works perfectly, perhaps even better than the Xbox for purely streaming purposes. No longer do we need to fumble with the controller then the TV remote, the included remote controls the TV as well. Google’s OS is quite intuitive and easy to use, and I was afraid a $15 streaming stick couldn’t keep up but it works very smoothly. Set up was strangely long though, took about 20-30 minutes from when I first fired it up to when it was working as expected. Set up installation and updates is what caused it to take so long.

As for the Xbox, I’m only playing things I absolutely can’t play on PC, which is mostly older games from the 360 era. I know Saints Row 2 has PC mods but overall it’s so much easier to join a friend in co-op on the 360 copy of the game, plus this particular friend only plays on console. We’re gonna check out some crossplay games on Game Pass like Sea of Thieves eventually so I can get back to my precious PC.

Among other improvements to my desk, I’ve managed the cables beneath the desk to look more clean, I’ve recently cleaned and dusted the inside of my PC, and added an S-hook to hold my headphones. No idea why I wanted that, my headphones have been good laying directly on the desk for the ~3-4 years I’ve had them, but it does make it feel a bit tidier. I’ve also added a binder clip to the support beam to better hold my phone charger while I game.

It’s a nice little change, and it feels more organized and clean than before. Still can’t believe I got this desk for $15. It’s a cheap Walmart one, normally $50. I saw it on the app one day for $30, but couldn’t find it on the shelves. I asked an employee about it, they went to the back and found one that was discounted even further to $15 because some cosmetic defect that I will never notice.

I’ve recently cleaned and dusted the inside of my PC

I really need to dust the inside of our PC. With three hairy pets in the house it gets dusty fast, especially now that we have the case open so we can easily remove or replace a RAM stick when the PC doesn't turn on (yes, that's still a thing).

It's probably going to be at least another year before I can even consider buying a new PC, so hopefully this one lasts that long. Keeping it clean probably raises those chances.

The kids cheapo Pokemon themed Switch controller packed up the other day, so I was looking in the local store for something to replace it for when we want to play MarioKart 3 player or whatever. Managed to find an 8BitDo Pro2 in a local hypermarket, the thing was only 45 compared to 70 or 80 for an official Pro controller or a pair of Joy cons. Its great! Works with Switch and Windows as well, and better still has back paddle buttons for when you need an extra couple of buttons or dont want stuff mapped to the L3 or R3 under the thumbsticks. Not sure how long it will last, but its pretty heavy, feels really solid and Ive heard good things from other about it so hopefully itll last as long as my old DS4.

Also my kid asked me why its a Unicorn and not a Unihorn and I dont have a good answer.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Google has ruined empty nest parenting. Young adults used to occasionally have questions for their parents.
We can do that!

Hey Zed, I bought a bottle of ketchup but, no matter how hard I squeezed, I couldn't get it to come out of the bottle! I threw it away and bought another bottle, but it did the same thing! What's going on!?

TRENDING THREADS