Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 46 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I'm also smaller than Zelda, so hopefully she is wearing high heels.
Oh, no. You want her even taller? We're not starting a Lady Dimitrescu-like fetish with Zelda, are we?

Speaking of Zelda, and this is going to shock and un-awe you all, but who is Zelda? Is she the main character. If so, who is Link?

ps. My wife is 6-2. She once dressed in 12 inch (estimate) heels for a Halloween thing at Disney. She was dressed like a flapper, so I'm not sure what the point of being 7 feet tall was. I had to take lots of deep breaths while dudes stared at my wife. The funniest part is that I was almost as tall as she was and people kept looking at my feet. They thought I was wearing heels, too. Oh, and my wife called me "shorty" all night. I kept telling her that heels don't count...

Last edited:
Speaking of Zelda, and this is going to shock and un-awe you all, but who is Zelda? Is she the main character. If so, who is Link?
Zelda is a princess with the power of wisdom. Link is the main character and has the power of courage and Ganon (the evil dude) has the power of power. They are all connected to something called the triforce power in the world of Hyrule which was made by the three gods: Din, Nayru, and Farore. If someone were to get all three powers, they would be the
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51vUt8Lb4II

You play the main protagonist called Link and he is basically Mario trying to find/help the princess. Link is also not the same person, because Link is either a soul or spirit, a representation of the power of courage. I do think Zelda is always the same princess and Ganon the same evil dude. This also makes the relationship between Link and Zelda a bit strange at times since the princess always remembers Link, but Link doesn't necessarily remember Zelda.

It is taking some time to get used to the controller. I keep pressing the wrong buttons and it is kind of fascinating how my brain needs time to adjust. I KNOW which button to press but I just don't have the muscle memory to do it properly.

Why is it so accepted that Nintendo reuses the same plot in so many sequels for their Mario and Zelda games?
Probably similar to why football reuses the same field & ball type, chess the same board & pieces, cop shows the same… etc etc.

Changing something which works is a really dumb idea from the dev/pub POV, and very disrespectful to your audience which has made your series a success.

Of course, maybe the console only has enough buttons for one kind of plot :unsure:

Probably similar to why football reuses the same field & ball type, chess the same board & pieces, cop shows the same… etc etc.

Changing something which works is a really dumb idea from the dev/pub POV, and very disrespectful to your audience which has made your series a success.

Of course, maybe the console only has enough buttons for one kind of plot :unsure:
I don't know about Zelda, but for Mario it isn't about story. A princess is just motivation for the main character and what you find when you cross the finish line, and as far as prizes go, a princess is as good as anything XD

Just to put a bow on a couple of things, I got the bill to for my son's utility pole accident, and it is $4500 (insurance will pay), and I've tried looking up the lyrics to that song I was making up the words to and no one has any idea what the woman is singing when I sing "Clams in the Easy Bake"; however, the guy is singing, "Tired of waiting".

Must be kind of annoying to pick up your gf at the same dude's house all the time.

I suggest a plot twist, Bowser and Peach were lovers the entire time, and Mario is the shroom addicted stalking ex. Could be a nice open world game set in a dystopian Mushroom World.

I'm 100% sure there is at least one and probably several dozen fan fictions with this exact plot.

I would have never predicted that alien spaceships would be less reliable than Ford Pintos, but apparently they've been crashing on our planet for decades. Maybe they keep coming here to learn about ISO and manufacturing.

Analyze this one guys:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jtG6CKB_d0
The luck to survive this is just mindboggling because at least two of the guys (the one on my left and right side) should have been able to spot me at some point, not to mention both would have heard the shots from the other guy shooting at the two guys at the cliff. My guess is that both of them were just totally locked on to that last poor guy on the hillside and they did not have the situational awareness to look around before one of them had to move. Or, maybe they knew all along that I was laying there in the open and thought they could just finish me off later. I dunno, just a fun and weird ending.

Last edited:
Analyze this one guys:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jtG6CKB_d0
The luck to survive this is just mindboggling because at least two of the guys (the one on my left and right side) should have been able to spot me at some point, not to mention both would have heard the shots from the other guy shooting at the two guys at the cliff. My guess is that both of them were just totally locked on to that last poor guy on the hillside and they did not have the situational awareness to look around before one of them had to move. Or, maybe they knew all along that I was laying there in the open and thought they could just finish me off later. I dunno, just a fun and weird ending.
Or, and I seriously doubt this is the case, they could have vision problems like me. I didn't see anyone but you in the video until a split second before "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner" popped up on the screen.

Reactions: Frindis
Analyze this one
Probably the fishnets swung it—I wouldn't shoot anyone in fishies, it's just not a wholesome thing to do.

Interesting the belly crawl can keep up with the closing circle—I thought it happened faster years ago, did they slow it?

I didn't see anyone but you
I saw the final guy a couple of times later on very briefly off to the right behind the big rock our champ finally ran to. But yeah, I never saw anyone on left.

Overheard one line of my wife's Zoom call this morning:

Wife: Greg, do you have pants on?

Me: You're the worst boss ever (as I was walking out of the room)

I just now asked her what the resolution of this was, and she said that he did, indeed, have pants on. I guess you just have to keep people on their toes. She said that he had gotten into trouble for not dressing professionally during meetings in the past, and she mostly just wanted to see what he was wearing. She said he was wearing sweatpants with ink drawings all over them. I asked her if he got into trouble, and she said that, no, there were no clients in the meeting.

Last edited:
Or, and I seriously doubt this is the case, they could have vision problems like me. I didn't see anyone but you in the video until a split second before "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner" popped up on the screen.
Yeah, it is not easy to spot in replays. Most likely they were just too focused on things moving because the guy on the rock sure shot that other guy on my left side when he started moving so at least he was looking to the sides or at least noticing the guy in third person.
Probably the fishnets swung it—I wouldn't shoot anyone in fishies, it's just not a wholesome thing to do.

Interesting the belly crawl can keep up with the closing circle—I thought it happened faster years ago, did they slow it?

I saw the final guy a couple of times later on very briefly off to the right behind the big rock our champ finally ran to. But yeah, I never saw anyone on left.
ZedClampet also mentioned it was difficult to see, so I guess replays are not the best for spotting enemies. I knew where they were, so obviously easier for me. The final circles were faster before, then they slowed it, but I believe they sped it up a little after that. There is also a difference in how they work depending on how large the map is but I believe the damage at the final circles at least is the same.

TRENDING THREADS