Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 40 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Indeed, Jack Bauer always had bags under his eyes while shooting the last few baddies.
Loved that show. One of the most intense series ever aired. I may still have PTSD from watching it (no offense intended to the people who actually suffer from PTSD).

The sports-talk radio station I "listen" to (frequently it's just background noise) is screwing up my mornings by completely revamping its schedule and moving my two least favorite hosts to the morning. They are both good guys and very knowledgeable, but soooo boring. Meanwhile, the morning people are moving to the 3 to 7 slot. I've usually stopped listening by then.

They used to be a national mid-market Top 10 sports station, but it's just been musical chairs the last 5 years.

In Photos: Egyptian archaeological mission uncovers smiling sphinx in Qena

It's a bit smaller than the famous one.

I thought about going into archaeology. One of my friends is an archaeologist who both teaches and works for the state. Any time any sort of construction unearths anything, work is immediately halted and his team goes out and excavates/documents what is there. He always has interesting stories.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I'm running into a lot of websites blocking all content if you use an ad blocker. The thing is, I don't use one! I've got Edge set up for strict blocking of tracking, which seems to set the things off. Some websites have no clue and give me instructions for how to turn off my "blocker" that make no sense. Some do have a clue, but they tell me to turn tracking off completely!

The whole ad blocker thing was bound to cause issues some day, but I hope the websites get a little more competent about it.

I'm running into a lot of websites blocking all content if you use an ad blocker. The thing is, I don't use one! I've got Edge set up for strict blocking of tracking, which seems to set the things off. Some websites have no clue and give me instructions for how to turn off my "blocker" that make no sense. Some do have a clue, but they tell me to turn tracking off completely!

The whole ad blocker thing was bound to cause issues some day, but I hope the websites get a little more competent about it.
You should try Ublock Origen. Websites can't tell you are using it. I've never had a site tell me to turn it off.

Reactions: mainer
I had to try:
m62jgKS.jpg

To anyone reading this post on 2023-03-17, by the powers vested in me I hereby bestow on you the title of…

Honorary Irish Person

…for the duration :D
And a Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you as well!
jrlfZzV.jpg

We have a fairly large Irish community here in Portland (as well as Italian), and there's always a parade and events going on throughout the day, one of them is taking a dip in the ocean (current ocean temp is 39.6 degrees F). Not for me, but it's fun seeing people have fun.
Mainers take the plunge on St. Patrick's Day for good cause | WGME

Nice sporting Paddy's weekend, with Ireland claiming Grand Slams in both senior and U-20 Six Nations rugby championships—Go Green! :)

For context, we've been playing in this and predecessor international competitions for 140 years, and this is only our 4th ever Grand Slam—rugby has always been overshadowed by our national games and football, and the country is just too small to compete seriously in a 4th-most-popular field sport.

Nope, they ain't :)
lol I was just being annoying. Imagine that. There are few things I like trolling about more than everything UK related.

Did you know you can start cooking babies in just 10 seconds in 130 degree F water? I'm learning all sorts of things from my new water heater's owner's manual.

I just found out that the US defeated Japan in the Dream Bowl (American football) 24 - 20. It was basically Japan's all-star team vs the worst college football team we could put together on short notice. I'm actually a little disappointed. Was rooting for Japan. They've been playing American football for 90 years, pre-WWII. It's about time that it really caught on over there. They do like Rugby, so there's that. According to their football people, they need to make the leap, like they did with Rugby, to where all the players after college are at the pro level. Right now it's kind of pro-am. Maybe Am. football being in the next Olympics will help give them a nudge.

I just learned about this:

They found an exploit for certain Samsung and Google Pixel phones that would allow hackers to gain access to your phone using only your phone number. There is a workaround and some models already have gotten patches to fix it, so make sure you're not vulnerable.

1. Numero uno is the one I only eat as toast. I'm a sucker for grilled cheese with some ham/chicken slices. Then a little spice and if I want to be really wild and exotic: ketchup&mustard. Yeah, I know, it is crazy!
2. Numero duo is probably brie with some salmon
3. Numero trio I am not sure about since I don't have much variety in sandwiches

Last edited:
1. Lobster Roll - basically 4-5 oz of lobster meat, a little mayo, and some lettuce on a bun. Ingredients vary a bit depending upon where you get it, and I only splurge once a yearnow in the summer to eat one, as the average price of a lobster roll in Maine is $30-40, way too expensive for me to eat with any frequency. But there's nothing else like it.

2. Fried Haddock Sandwich - 6-8 oz haddock fillet, beer battered & deep fried, on a bun with a bit of tartar sauce and lettuce. This isn't that "minced fish fillet" that you see in the freezer section of the supermarket or at McDonalds, but a real fillet of haddock.

3. Philly Steak & Cheese - grilled steak, onions & peppers on a hoagie roll and topped with either Swiss or cheddar cheese.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts