Batch mark as read

Would it be possible to add a feature to select multiple threads and mark them as read in the "New Posts" overview?

I like to browse through unread threads using the New Posts overview, instead of having to open each subforum separately. It would be nice to be able to remove threads from the overview that I'm not interested in without having to open each of them.

This same functionality would also be useful in the "Unread Threads in Watched Forums" overview (which I just discovered).

JSimenhoff

Community Manager
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
While you don't have the ability to select individual threads and mark them as read, you can mark all new posts, forum categories, and super categories as read by clicking the "Mark Read" button in the top right of the forum page. See the screenshots below:

g4l6z0F.png

AM38Vj7.png

Forum Super Categories

478sahF.png

Forum Categories

JSimenhoff

Community Manager
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
Yes, thank you, I saw those options. The reason I request this feature is that those options are not an easy way to remove only the uninteresting threads from the overviews of unread threads.
Yes, we understand, but our forum software does not have that feature at this time. Thanks for the feedback though! We'll try to implement this feature into a future build.

Reactions: totok and Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS