Are these good enough for gaming and streaming?

Oct 5, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys!

I'm looking to build a new PC for gaming and streaming on Twitch. I'll spend most of the time streaming games like League of Legends and Valorant.

This is my very first PC build, I've been gaming from a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming laptop. Anyway, here are the parts I'm planning to buy

PC Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x - Will the Ryzen 7 3700x be a significant upgrade when it comes to streaming?
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
GPU: RTX 2070/2080ti or should I just wait for the 3070???
RAM: Corsair 3600 16 GB(8x2)
SSD: WD Blue M.2 500 GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM 750W

Also, should I also look to upgrade my internet connection or switch ISPs? I read from Get Internet that AT&T is the best ISP for gaming. Don't know much about ISPs all I know is that I need a high upload speed to stream well.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance, all your comments and suggestions would be really appreciated.

Zoid

Community Contributor
Hey guys!

I'm looking to build a new PC for gaming and streaming on Twitch. I'll spend most of the time streaming games like League of Legends and Valorant.

This is my very first PC build, I've been gaming from a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming laptop. Anyway, here are the parts I'm planning to buy

PC Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x - Will the Ryzen 7 3700x be a significant upgrade when it comes to streaming?
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
GPU: RTX 2070/2080ti or should I just wait for the 3070???
RAM: Corsair 3600 16 GB(8x2)
SSD: WD Blue M.2 500 GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM 750W

Also, should I also look to upgrade my internet connection or switch ISPs? I read from Get Internet that AT&T is the best ISP for gaming. Don't know much about ISPs all I know is that I need a high upload speed to stream well.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance, all your comments and suggestions would be really appreciated.
Welcome to the forums!

I would highly recommend waiting to build until next month. The next generation Ryzen CPUs are expected to drop in two days, and at the end of the month we're expecting to get new AMD GPUs. Even if you don't go with an AMD GPU, I would definitely recommend waiting for 3070 availability (roughly end of October) rather than buying a 2070.

Otherwise, this is a pretty good build. What resolution and refresh rate is your moniter? If you have the budget for it, I would strongly recommend getting a 2TB NVMe SSD instead of getting a combo 500GB SSD and 1TB HDD.

As for which ISP is best, it mostly depends on who is best in your area. There's not really a single right answer. Does anyone in your area offer a fiber connection? If not, just shop for the package that will give you the best up speed in your budget, and then use a hardwired connection to your PC instead of wireless.

Reactions: Frindis and AlexTFT
Oct 5, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

I would highly recommend waiting to build until next month. The next generation Ryzen CPUs are expected to drop in two days, and at the end of the month we're expecting to get new AMD GPUs. Even if you don't go with an AMD GPU, I would definitely recommend waiting for 3070 availability (roughly end of October) rather than buying a 2070.

Otherwise, this is a pretty good build. What resolution and refresh rate is your moniter? If you have the budget for it, I would strongly recommend getting a 2TB NVMe SSD instead of getting a combo 500GB SSD and 1TB HDD.

As for which ISP is best, it mostly depends on who is best in your area. There's not really a single right answer. Does anyone in your area offer a fiber connection? If not, just shop for the package that will give you the best up speed in your budget, and then use a hardwired connection to your PC instead of wireless.

Thanks for the input! I'm currently using an AOC 24G2, 144hz and 1920x1080. I'll probably sort out my options and finalize my build by January and purchase it by then. I'm gonna have to do more research with the ISP as well. Cheers!

Reactions: Zoid and Frindis

Zoid

Community Contributor
Thanks for the input! I'm currently using an AOC 24G2, 144hz and 1920x1080. I'll probably sort out my options and finalize my build by January and purchase it by then. I'm gonna have to do more research with the ISP as well. Cheers!
I expect January will be a good time to build. Availability on popular hardware should start stabilizing by then, and you might be able to catch some good holiday deals. Good luck!

Reactions: AlexTFT

TRENDING THREADS