Anyone have a USB hub recommendation?

I need 4 ports and prefer that they be the kind you can turn on and off and light up to let you know which state they are in.

The only reason I'm bothering to ask for recs on something so inconsequential is because I've just had a second one go out on me in the last 3 months. It still technically works, but the lights quit and the ports can no longer be turned off.

I think the problem is that I'm sitting them too close to one of the vents on my laptop. It doesn't seem that hot, but I guess they aren't meant to get any extra heat.

Were yours powered hubs, ie not relying on the PC for juice? I had a few non-powered ones fail on me before switching to powered a long time ago—no problems since. That said, this non-powered one has worked fine for 8 years:

The main powered one I have for 5 years is:
However, this doesn't have the on-off switches like the one above.

My GF has a powered one which also includes a couple of charging slots for phone etc, in case that's what you need—it's unbranded tho so I can't give you a link. Good chance I picked it up cheap some Cyber Monday and it's decided to keep working well.

• Love
Reactions: ZedClampet

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts