Question Anyone else playing Diablo Immortal?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
why keep playing after if you have it all?
Is That It?

If its to parade around in your shiny gear, I don't really have any words for you
"Pretty Polly"?

for some people 110k is life changing
Nearly 40% of Americans can't cover a surprise $400 expense

No small donations
Aw, have a spare grand an' all. Oh well, continue with plan to donate to Vikings Suck memorial.

Reactions: WoodenSaucer
Is That It?

"Pretty Polly"?

Nearly 40% of Americans can't cover a surprise $400 expense

Aw, have a spare grand an' all. Oh well, continue with plan to donate to Vikings Suck memorial.

That last part felt personal Boru!

I think it's a grey area sometimes where people forget that entertainment companies are actually a business, I'm not advocating for them to charge what they are but it doesn't surprise me they do. The small minority of people who are happy to pay, is enough of a windfall for them.

I feel that if you're going to orchestrate these type of mechanics and transactions in games, offer a F2P server and a Paid server. This way you've got that balance for someone who wants to enjoy the PvP and not get ganked by a bored maxed out Elon Musk character.

Even with X amount of players boycotting the company, I can't see the policies changing because frankly they're just too big of a company.

I'm heading to Download Festival this weekend at Doninton Park and they're even advertising this game, it's always going to get more attention and money than it will ever need.

The reason f2p & paid are together is to make people spend money to compete with the whales. Revenge is a good way to make money. Then they convert more from the dark side.,.. i mean free. Its how its always been with f2p mmorpg, have to show the free people what they are missing and could easily have if they just spend some money.

Age of Conan had subscriptions and free to play, but there were places free players couldn't go or items they couldn't have. I don't know as I had a Sub before they went free to play. I bought game on launch.

Its probably a fun game, that is the worst part. The game play is great, everything else is a trap. Its the Juiciest piece of cheese any mouse ever found on a trap

The reason f2p & paid are together is to make people spend money to compete with the whales. Revenge is a good way to make money. Then they convert more from the dark side.,.. i mean free. Its how its always been with f2p mmorpg, have to show the free people what they are missing and could easily have if they just spend some money.

Age of Conan had subscriptions and free to play, but there were places free players couldn't go or items they couldn't have. I don't know as I had a Sub before they went free to play. I bought game on launch.

Its probably a fun game, that is the worst part. The game play is great, everything else is a trap. Its the Juiciest piece of cheese any mouse ever found on a trap

That's a unique way of describing things, you can still have all the advertisment nonsense in a F2P server to push people into a paid world but it would be nice to have some balance or maybe someone to just give a ****?

Given the gameplay being great, if it's that much of a problem wouldn't it prove best to just go play Diablo 3 or Diablo 2 Resurrected? All the game play, none of the paid bollox.

Reactions: Brian Boru
I am not playing it. I agree that the older games offer better value.

Though Diablo 3 only has none of the paid bollox because everyone complained about the real money Auction House and they took it out. Otherwise we would have had more of this crap before now. Blizz expecting you to pay extra isn't new, they have been testing waters to see what people with accept for years.

Its a shame they had to stain the name of Diablo with this. Quick buck money making schemes like this normally come at end of a franchise... but this, its not like series was dying, this is more indication Blizzard is a skin suit now. Make as much money now before it all comes crashing down.

Even with X amount of players boycotting the company, I can't see the policies changing because frankly they're just too big of a company.
If anything the most they are going to do is to remove a couple of small things in Diablo Immoral to ease the crowd, then later implement something far worse while at the same time having some PR asshat telling us:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15HTd4Um1m4

Reactions: HenrykForkbeard
its a mobile game, they aren't going to change anything, this will suck in plenty of people.
Its a lot of fun at first
But every reward takes you to the shop. You can't just ignore the shop exists. They won't let you.
  • Daily rewards, anything you collect takes you to the shop. They built the shop and then attached a game to it.
  • You can't buy things from the Auction House without using the shop, some resources that are needed to buy things there, fall so slowly in game that shop is only choice. Intentional..,. oh you want this shiny? Either wait forever or go pay money for the resources you need.
  • The reward for killing first boss is a discount on an item in the store... its not free.
  • Any free options are inconvenient and make you run around map to find whereas any paid options are placed right next to where you need them on the maps.
  • Free options restricted to X amount a day, no restrictions on paid.

The best idea would be the ban the thing.

I am glad I need to use reading glasses now to use my phone as it means I have no plan on even loading this game. It also means I am one less sucker for mobile games. I am totally ignoring fact it has a PC version.

This isn't gambling as you don't win "anything" besides pixels. This has less worth than an NFT (which just has imaginary value as it is). I feel burning your money would be more entertaining, it might keep you warm. You might have second thoughts much faster.

• Haha
I am not playing it. I agree that the older games offer better value.

Though Diablo 3 only has none of the paid bollox because everyone complained about the real money Auction House and they took it out. Otherwise we would have had more of this crap before now. Blizz expecting you to pay extra isn't new, they have been testing waters to see what people with accept for years.

Its a shame they had to stain the name of Diablo with this. Quick buck money making schemes like this normally come at end of a franchise... but this, its not like series was dying, this is more indication Blizzard is a skin suit now. Make as much money now before it all comes crashing down.

I started D3 after the auction house situation, but why does that affect people when you host your own servers and groups on there? And you've got the added chance of making cash out if dumb people no?

When the AH was in D3, it was set up in a way that the only way to progress efficiently in game was to buy stuff off AH. It turned D3 into a shopping game, as anything you found in game wasn't as good as what you could buy off AH, so unless you were lucky and found something to sell on AH, all you did was sell everything you found and grinded the gold.

I don't know what D3 is like now but you couldn't host own servers so the AH was controlled centrally by Blizz. Only people making money off the game was Blizzard.

Obviously it got better. Immoral is their next push... what will people accept?

That last part felt personal Boru!

I think it's a grey area sometimes where people forget that entertainment companies are actually a business, I'm not advocating for them to charge what they are but it doesn't surprise me they do. The small minority of people who are happy to pay, is enough of a windfall for them.

I feel that if you're going to orchestrate these type of mechanics and transactions in games, offer a F2P server and a Paid server. This way you've got that balance for someone who wants to enjoy the PvP and not get ganked by a bored maxed out Elon Musk character.

I'm heading to Download Festival this weekend at Doninton Park and they're even advertising this game, it's always going to get more attention and money than it will ever need.
You're right. They make so much money off of the microtransaction model that it's worth it for them to piss off a bunch of people. They will still make way more money that way. Eventually, the only games that won't use that model will be indies.

Honestly, nobody should be surprised that a mobile game is heavy on this stuff. But the interesting thing is that things are starting to change on the mobile front. Consider the mobile Kindle app for a moment. The iOS version of the Kindle app has always banned them from having the Kindle book store in their reader app because of Apple's tight regulations on in-app purchases.

One of the big things that makes Android a better platform is the freedom to do what you want. They didn't control those kinds of things so tightly. In the Android version of the app, you could buy books from the store right within the same app, then go and read the books. It's so much more convenient. But I recently got an email that even Android is tightening their regulations, and pretty soon, you won't be able to access the store from their Kindle app anymore, either.

So I'm wondering if both platforms are tightening their restrictions on in-app purchases, will it affect microtransactions going haywire in mobile games in the future?

Honestly, nobody should be surprised that a mobile game is heavy on this stuff. But the interesting thing is that things are starting to change on the mobile front. Consider the mobile Kindle app for a moment. The iOS version of the Kindle app has always banned them from having the Kindle book store in their reader app because of Apple's tight regulations on in-app purchases.

One of the big things that makes Android a better platform is the freedom to do what you want. They didn't control those kinds of things so tightly. In the Android version of the app, you could buy books from the store right within the same app, then go and read the books. It's so much more convenient. But I recently got an email that even Android is tightening their regulations, and pretty soon, you won't be able to access the store from their Kindle app anymore, either.
moral of story is Apple & Google and putting the squeeze on Amazon, and all the little people have to deal with consequences.

Reactions: WoodenSaucer
16 different currencies... yeah, its totally designed to be a s simple and easy to understand as mud

worst part is its a good game ontop of all the crap. Its the perfect trap.

Everything you buy in game is only on the character you are playing, so if you play more than one character, you have to pay for everything on all of them.

watch that and look at how many legendary items drop if you put 10 legendary crests into a rift
with no legendary rifts you see no legendary items anywhere.
with 1 you guaranteed of one legendary drop.
so 10 crests reward? At least 10 legendary drops which is equal to the total amount of legendary drops a free to play player would see in 6 months.
Pay 20 for 10 legendary crests to put in one rift that takes 4 minutes to play, and get 1 series of drops that puts you 6 months ahead of someone who doesn't pay at all

not pay to win at all lol.

Blizzard have distinction of having 3 games on the "top 10" chart of lowest Steam score ever
  • Wow Classic: BC
  • Warcraft reforged
  • Diablo Immoral

I start to wonder if anyone there knows how to make games now. Evidence isn't on their side.

Last edited:
16 different currencies... yeah, its totally designed to be a s simple and easy to understand as mud

worst part is its a good game ontop of all the crap. Its the perfect trap.

Everything you buy in game is only on the character you are playing, so if you play more than one character, you have to pay for everything on all of them.

watch that and look at how many legendary items drop if you put 10 legendary crests into a rift
with no legendary rifts you see no legendary items anywhere.
with 1 you guaranteed of one legendary drop.
so 10 crests reward? At least 10 legendary drops which is equal to the total amount of legendary drops a free to play player would see in 6 months.
Pay 20 for 10 legendary crests to put in one rift that takes 4 minutes to play, and get 1 series of drops that puts you 6 months ahead of someone who doesn't pay at all

not pay to win at all lol.

Blizzard have distinction of having 3 games on the "top 10" chart of lowest Steam score ever
  • Wow Classic: BC
  • Warcraft reforged
  • Diablo Immoral

I start to wonder if anyone there knows how to make games now. Evidence isn't on their side.

You're still really annoyed by this aren't you?

• Haha
You're still really annoyed by this aren't you?
Yes I am annoyed, if it were a normal Diablo game I wouldn't be sitting here complaining, I would be playing it.

Apparently they do know how to make games. I don't think it's the developers who insisted on all the monetization crap to be included.

Depends on who developers were, Activision also own King who know all to well how to make mobile games so, its likely a joint venture. King at one stage made more money in 1 month than COD & WOW did in a year, so its clear where inspiration is.

I don't want this to be the future of Diablo.

They burning good will at an astounding rate.

its not even a good game, its had the veneer of diablo put on it but its really rather basic underneath.
The game play is basic anyway, the systems designed to empty your wallet are complex.
its netease wearing Diablo as a skin suit.

Last edited:
The game play is basic anyway, the systems designed to empty your wallet are complex.
its netease wearing Diablo as a skin suit.

i'm pretty sure the dedicated (western) fanbase could smell this from a mile off. I would be surprised it was more for the asian market and a method to sucker as many casual players or ARPG fans in the west with a familiar ip.

I think this meme says it all really:

3t9qjn9hr8491.jpg

Last edited:
If you put a crest into a rift, you get a certain amount of one resource
If another person joins and puts in a crest, you get more of the resource
if another person joins and doesn't put in a crest, you don't gain anything extra.

You need a certain amount of that resource to do something each week. If you play with someone who doesn't put a crest in, you don't get enough.

So its designed to make you only pay and play with people who also do same. Its why people will kick people if they don't pay a crest, or they will leave the party.

Its insidious.

Sadly the profit it is making will send all the wrong signals. I don't play many games but I hate to think all games will be like this if someone doesn't stop them.

If you put a crest into a rift, you get a certain amount of one resource
If another person joins and puts in a crest, you get more of the resource
if another person joins and doesn't put in a crest, you don't gain anything extra.

You need a certain amount of that resource to do something each week. If you play with someone who doesn't put a crest in, you don't get enough.

So its designed to make you only pay and play with people who also do same. Its why people will kick people if they don't pay a crest, or they will leave the party.

Its insidious.

Sadly the profit it is making will send all the wrong signals. I don't play many games but I hate to think all games will be like this if someone doesn't stop them.

I played it for what it was, enjoyed it for what it was. (Ignoring all the pay to win schemes) but I'm done with it now, I'd rather invest my time into Duolingo on my phone and play the proper Diablos on PC. I'd even go as far as looking for new ARPG's to get my fix.

22.50GBP or 8 to 10 months of playing to get same amount of legendary gems. they aren't legendary if you can just pay for them. mind you, they not going to be 5 star gems, that takes 100's of thousands of dollars to get, but I don't think I ever saw 2 legendary items fall at once in previous games, this just reduces their value to something you get if you pay for eternal legendary quests and get one per crest. its not special, its expected.

Sure its pay to win in theory but your chances of getting the 6 five star gems you want without going broke are tiny. I can't imagine having the disposable income that makes playing this game worth investing in. The process of taking a 4 star gem to 5 is where you lose all your money.

this game wouldn't even be fun if it were free. I mean, no monetization. The game under all the shop menus is pretty boring.

the best guide

Last edited:

This meme sums up anything when it comes to how a company makes a game imo. This can be applied to games being charged 70 bucks, company sexual assualt/harassment scandals etc. Its so fitting because no matter how immoral or broken a game is, companies rake in the dough. You can point to several games with terrible releases that made out in the end anyways. (cyberpunk, outriders just to name ones i played and bought)

This meme sums up anything when it comes to how a company makes a game imo. This can be applied to games being charged 70 bucks, company sexual assualt/harassment scandals etc. Its so fitting because no matter how immoral or broken a game is, companies rake in the dough. You can point to several games with terrible releases that made out in the end anyways. (cyberpunk, outriders just to name ones i played and bought)

yeah the sad reality is that as long as they're raking in the cash, abiding by the law as far as they're concerned they're doing everything right. Regardless how scummy, anti consumer/ predatory their marketing or product is. most people just take it for face value and companies these days are all too glad to just rake it in, farming and abusing the suckers who buy it. if it hurts their bottom line do they react and even then with the minimal amount of effort. Bigger companies are more interested in making a product instead of actually entertainment these days.

I suppose the argument is that if you're prepared to spend silly amount of money, we might as well be the people profiting from it. If not us, someone else will. worse still are people who are prepared to shill and defend a multi billion dollar company when someone calls out their bullshit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS