Question ACC vs RF2

Apr 2, 2020
Visit site
I've been playing the old RF2 since it came out, but recently lost access to it.

Rfactor2 and Assett Corsa Competizione are currently about the same price, though ACC seems to come with a lot more content in the Ultimate pack which matches RF2's price.

Which would you choose if you could only have one?

May 2, 2020
Visit site
I've only tried ACC so I can't say much about RF2.

ACC focusses on GT3 cars (Although GT4 cars are comming in the near future). If you are ok with racing solely in the GT3 Blancpain series, I think ACC is the way to go. If you feel like you might be interested in other series, such as LMP1 (the quick cars in Le Mans) then Rfactor2 is a better option, as it offers more driving series.

Just keep in mind that for RF2 you would need to buy cars and circuits seperately and things might get pricy (I don't know the exact pricing model though). ACC only released one payed DLC, but it includes several tracks for a low price.

If you are looking for a cheaper game, with multiple racing series then perhaps you should take a look at Assetto Corsa (not Competizione). You can get the game (+DLC) usually pretty cheap and there are thousands of quality mods available. Not sure how active the online scene is these days in AC, but I'm sure there is still an active community (see Sim Racing System for example).

Apr 2, 2020
Visit site
Bargains to be had in the Steam sale saw me buy RF2, Dirt Rally 2 and F1 2019.

That took some explaining, not because of the cost but because it implies that I'll be unavailable to my family for the next, I should say, 2 years...

TRENDING THREADS