2024 Show us your set up!

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
GPU comes out fairly easy, but a bit annoying to have to get the wooden skewer on the PCI-E slot release with the size of cards now.
I haven't even tried. I wonder if removing some of my ram would make that easier. Not sure how bad its fans are as its difficult to even see them in the gap I have between PSU Shroud and GPU

My PSU is 10 years old next year, should also replace that really while I can still sell it with a bit of warranty.
Don't you dare, I would just dump it. A 10 year old PSU might be safe for you but I wouldn't even give it someone else to use. It could change its behaviour and kill parts. Its done its job for you, be happy with that.

I still have my old Seasonic, its still got about 7 years on it. I don't sell things once I own them... I have given at least two of my old PC to a friend and he might get my current one once I upgrade in 2026. depends how many parts I keep... GPU probably stay with me. And my storage drives. Rest is all his. Might charge him a little this time as its not that old.

My blower is a plug-in, but I have to use mine a lot more because heavy-use laptops need to be cleaned monthly.

As for my setup--I gave mine, including the case I made--to my kids because I was planning to build a new PC 6 months ago, and I still haven't done it. Now I'm waiting for the new GPUs, so it's going to be awhile.

You probably don't need a picture of my laptop. It doesn't even have RGB. Best laptop by far that I've ever owned, though. HP makes good ones.

I haven't even tried. I wonder if removing some of my ram would make that easier. Not sure how bad its fans are as its difficult to even see them in the gap I have between PSU Shroud and GPU
If you havent got a honking great air heatsink in the way like me its probably way easier.
Don't you dare, I would just dump it. A 10 year old PSU might be safe for you but I wouldn't even give it someone else to use. It could change its behaviour and kill parts. Its done its job for you, be happy with that.

I still have my old Seasonic, its still got about 7 years on it. I don't sell things once I own them... I have given at least two of my old PC to a friend and he might get my current one once I upgrade in 2026. depends how many parts I keep... GPU probably stay with me. And my storage drives. Rest is all his. Might charge him a little this time as its not that old.
Its an EVGA G2 one of the very best available at the time, hasnt been used at more than half capacity ever and looked after way better than 95% of people would. I sell everything on, its the best way of recycling.

Having said that a spare PSU is always useful to have in teh event of problems so I might keep it this time.

Last edited:
My blower is a plug-in, but I have to use mine a lot more because heavy-use laptops need to be cleaned monthly.

As for my setup--I gave mine, including the case I made--to my kids because I was planning to build a new PC 6 months ago, and I still haven't done it. Now I'm waiting for the new GPUs, so it's going to be awhile.

You probably don't need a picture of my laptop. It doesn't even have RGB. Best laptop by far that I've ever owned, though. HP makes good ones.
Well no pressure, but if you have some sort of hammock setup with a swing tray for the laptop and a drinks holding hat or whatever its interesting to see.

RGB not required either, see op :D

I'm a little torn about getting a Steam Deck or VR right now. I'd really like to play Half Life Alyx, but not sure if theres much else I'd be into. What else are you playing there?

So I've only just got it but I've signed up to Game Pass Ultimate and I can cloud stream the games. I played Halo Infinite campaign and didn't notice any input lag in the first couple of levels I played, but you need an Xbox controller. I have been watching Netflix and YouTube on it, and got EMUVR which apparently plays all your retro game roms but it's taking a while to set up. The room looks nice though.

I have Tetris Connected from a previous VR headset. I haven't tried it on the Quest 3 but I remember it being good. I think if you buy before the 30th you can get Asguard's Wrath 2 free which is supposed to be a good game, and I got quite a few VR games on this humble bundle which I've yet to try:

Edit: Saying that it's Prime day 16th-17th July, you may be lucky and get a deal on the VR.

Edit 2: Oh, and I got Riven on Steam which came out a couple of days ago. That looks good, but again, yet to try it.

Last edited:
If you havent got a honking great air heatsink in the way like me its probably way easier.
moving nvme out of way might help as well.
I have the AIO tubes to contend with as well as its pump

its hard enough working out where bracket is under there. I can't see the 2nd PCIe slot as its under the GPU so it might have to wait until I am ready to take everything out... or just blow the duster at them occasionally and see what happens. I know the shape you can see just under the ram is the top of the heatsink fan for the chipset so its sort of possible to figure out placement.
Tns5T6f.jpeg

i like the way the tubes look in that photo, black/blue ripples.

Reactions: Brian Boru
So I've only just got it but I've signed up to Game Pass Ultimate and I can cloud stream the games. I played Halo Infinite campaign and didn't notice any input lag in the first couple of levels I played, but you need an Xbox controller. I have been watching Netflix and YouTube on it, and got EMUVR which apparently plays all your retro game roms but it's taking a while to set up. The room looks nice though.

I have Tetris Connected from a previous VR headset. I haven't tried it on the Quest 3 but I remember it being good. I think if you buy before the 30th you can get Asguard's Wrath 2 free which is supposed to be a good game, and I got quite a few VR games on this humble bundle which I've yet to try:

Edit: Saying that it's Prime day 16th-17th July, you may be lucky and get a deal on the VR.

Edit 2: Oh, and I got Riven on Steam which came out a couple of days ago. That looks good, but again, yet to try it.
And its currently in a local store here for about the same price as a Steam Deck OLED. I have to order Amazon stuff from .DE which sucks because delivery still costs quite a bit even if you have Prime.

I dont need both, I dont need both, I dont need both.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm
I sell everything on, its the best way of recycling

Clothes and furniture yeah, where the wear and tear is difficult to hide, and the damage they can cause via abrupt failure is minimal—a bit embarrassing when pants falls down, but hey… But for 'invisible' wear and tear, passing that on can be very wasteful and damaging to the environment. Send such stuff to a purpose-built professional electronics recycling center.

I dont need both

With gaming, we've moved from 'need' to 'want'. You 'want' both, so wait for big sales—there's no rush on VR, it's still a very immature market :)

Reactions: Alm
Clothes and furniture yeah, where the wear and tear is difficult to hide, and the damage they can cause via abrupt failure is minimal—a bit embarrassing when pants falls down, but hey… But for 'invisible' wear and tear, passing that on can be very wasteful and damaging to the environment. Send such stuff to a purpose-built professional electronics recycling center.
With all due respect I dont think I'll throw my GPUs in the recycling bin when they hit the 2 or 3 warranty rather than selling them for several hundred Euro and buying a new one. CPU's almost never fail when used at stock even in 10 or more years. With motherboards the USB's tend to go but otherwise as long as youre buying a quality model suitable for the CPU installed they'll last way past the 3 year warranty. The only PC parts that really fail badly are hard drives and I dont really sell those on anyway.

Bear in mind that my PSU is an outlier. Most parts I have dont get past 4 or 5 years and are perfectly fine to sell when theyve been treated properly. I include all information how it is with pictures and how its been used and what with on a local site I'm trusted on.

Having said that a spare PSU is always useful to have in teh event of problems so I might keep it this time.
I would do this instead of selling it. Spares are handy to have... I have a spare GPU myself. I actually have two but I doubt I ever use the GTX 960 again. It was only ever a final choice. I would only install if I really needed PC then. I actually wanted to replace my last card before it died... as I had wanted to save my GTX 980 but it died the week I got this PC. So that not happening again was something I wanted to do... that and 2070 Super were becoming hard to find already since Nvidia stopped making them 6 months before releasing the 30 series.

Guess I could have sold my CPU after I updated but It just went in my drawers. Might turn it into a key chain thing.

It just takes one bad PSU to ruin your reputation... if you think its good, use it yourself.

Well, I have a couple of friends living fairly close I could borrow a GPU or most other parts from for testing, and I can always use the money back to put towards something better. I think generally people accept the risk for the big discount, and my PC stuff is way better looked after than most so I never feel bad about selling it on. If I thought it was busted or about to blow I wouldnt sell it anyway.

Might keep it as spare. Can get an 850W Superflower Leadex VII for 160 but want to look into other models reviews/pricing first.

door table

If you love the paneled aesthetic, then it should work as a functional desk if you put a clear Perspex sheet on top of it.

I include all information how it is with pictures and how its been used and what with on a local site I'm trusted on

Ok fair enough, that's a lot different from an eBay listing or similar which is what I was muttering about—I have passed on some old gear to family and friends myself, with appropriate warnings.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama

TRENDING THREADS