Question Your favourite RPG

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Woof, tough question. I really like traditional and non-traditional RPGs alike. If S.T.A.L.K.E.R. doesn't count I'd have to say Divinity: Original Sin 2 even though I still haven't finished it. I also am playing Disco Elysium now which is pretty damn good.

Reactions: Krud and Brian Boru
Dec 4, 2021
Visit site
My favourite rpg game Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura,
the world is perfectly worked out in it. Recently passed with the multiverse edition mod, that it keeps getting better and better.

Reactions: Krud
Dec 21, 2021
Visit site
My favorite RPG game is Genshin Impact because of it’s exploration aspect and as well the story and the lore it has for every individual character.
Currently Genshin Impact is at version 2.3 and there’s a new character that has been released.

Reactions: Krud
Jan 11, 2022
Visit site
This is gonna sound pretentious AF probably, but "Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura."

Arcanum was good in many ways, great story and characters, and it was for a very long time the best steampunk game, the world was superbly created.

Impossible to name just one... Will probably forget many, but at least Fallout 1-2, Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate 1-2, KOTOR, FF7, Dragon Age: Origins, Persona 4 are other RPGs I enjoyed greatly. Does Nethack count as RPG? :D

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is the best multi-player RPG (outside MMORPGs) I've played, it was a great experience with a team of 4. We played for months (usually 1 session per week).

I haven't yet played Witcher 3 or Disco Elysium, here's hoping they are future additions to the favourites list. Oh, and even Fallout: New Vegas is still waiting...

Jan 5, 2022
Visit site
Far too many to count but it's a tie between World of Warcraft and Baldurs Gate. WoW owes a lot to BG, but I have to admit that when I played BG twenty years ago at university I wasn't into action games, but now I need action elements to really hold my attention.

So WoW...by a nose.

Reactions: Brian Boru and Krud
Dec 30, 2021
Visit site
in terms of tabletop RPG, well Vampire Mascerade and MAGE were good but there are way too many to mention here
in terms of videogame RPG, Baldur's gate is a classic

Mar 23, 2022
Visit site
Mine is Gothic 1, 2 and 3
Gothic series is definitely up there I cannot wait for remaster of Gothic one to come out!

Besides the obvious Bethesda games - Fallout/Oblivion/Skyrim, if I had to make an absolute top choice it would be the Mount and Blade series, including their newest, Bannerlord. While a relatively steep learning curve, it is beyond worth it as the possibilities in the game seem endless. Whether you want to be a wealthy trader, marry into royal family, be a mercenary or even establish and expand your own clan and kingdom! This game series blew me away. It is a really difficult game but I do not think I have ever been so involved in a videogame before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Zloth
Mar 30, 2022
Visit site
Without a doubt, TES series has been my favorite since I first played Morrowind. With each game's replayability and in-depth RPG elements, it's impossible for me to not say TES to this question =)

That's a hard question since not all RPG's are comparable. For example the FPS versions ( The Elder Scrolls stuff) is very different from playing a party, say Divinity: Original Sin 2. Then there is the real time action (with pause or not) or turn based (commands executed at the same time or in turn). Then there are those with epic stories and those that focus on killing things or both. I have played most types.

For the FPS/ RPG-lite I would go with System Shock or Deus Ex. Party for me is BG2 EE. Action RPG is Grim Dawn - building classes and seeing how they work. For story then the Mass Effect and Dragon Age franchises.

There is so much to choose from. Almost too much.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS