Competition Win a Winter Wonderland gaming set-up and support SpecialEffect

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
I think this is a great idea, as I think exploring other worlds in games can free children (and adults) from medical problems and isolation, and just be fun and lift spirits, as it does with most other gamer's.

The telepresent robot and bubblebusters is a great start, and I am glad to see the that the gaming industry, both hardware and software, are involved and supporting this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 20, 2022
Visit site
Having worked with some children with disabilities, I can appreciate the importance of helping them have experiences and interact with and alongside children their age. I'd like to hear more about the telepresent robots for medically isolated children.

Dec 20, 2022
Visit site
I always Support SpecialEffect during GameBlast for RuneScape usually at the end of February! I like that that help people with Disabilities be able to play video games with custom controllers & Eye Gazing technology. I would like to learn more about the Eye Gazing technology that they do!

Dec 20, 2022
Visit site
Eye Gaze is flipping amazing! It's going to help so many people and allow them to have a meaningful life even after intense trauma, illness or damages. I applaud them all!

Dec 20, 2022
Visit site
I think eye-gaze technology is awesome, although what seems to be it's shortcoming is the software that allows it to be streamlined. Speaking from the medical field - our eye-gaze technology is limited because its failure to integrate with the hospital softwares / patient management systems.

[Mod edit: double quote deleted.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 20, 2022
Visit site
I've actually used face tracking as a non-disabled person for flight sims, to look around. There are some very cheap options now with mobile phones. However, for eye tracking, you need more expensive hardware like Tobii.

I wonder if SpecialEffects has looked at Tobii. Using hardware intended for non-disabled people may be cheaper, although it might lack specific features.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Dec 20, 2022
Visit site
IIRC, there have been attempts to implement eye tracking tech in games before, but it never worked out? Would love to hear more about how you guys are going about doing this!

As a person with a muscle disorder I am happy to hear about any adaptive controller system the eye gaze sounds awesome. Right now I wish there was a better controller for the Oculus Quest as I hate how many times I have dropped my controllers and failed games do to random spasms.

Reactions: Lutfij
Dec 2, 2021
Visit site
I studied a little of Electronics in my high school, learnt to do the giant buttons wired into a screen, I immediately knew this was going to be so useful in the space of gaming, glad to see it being applied 15 years later for gamers with disabilities. Things like this is what inspires me and my brother to develop more indie games ideas for a more fun and interactive experience, the eye tracking is revolutionary especially when on a menu selection.

Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
I'd like to hear more about the eye trackin technology. It's an intriguing concept and maybe the closest we will get to "controlling things with our mind" in my lifetime.

Dec 19, 2022
Visit site
SpecialEffect is doing great labor helping people. StarGaze is the most interesting technology to me, as it has so much potential to help people in many situations as it can ease the use of a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS