Where are all the Star Trek fans?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
TNG is my favorite ST series, so to see so many characters come back for a new series is exciting to me.

So, anyone planning on watching the premier of Star Trek Picard tomorrow? Are you excited? Apprehensive? Which ST series do you like the best?
The other night I watched a whole special on Youtube about how they had this massive auction of all the ST series props, was amazing, the studio had a giant warehouse FULL of stuff, I just couldn't believe how much WORK goes into a ST series, it's insane!!!!

I think they said TNG cost like $1m per episode back in those days, crazy.

You have to respect the hard work that goes into it, I can't begin to imagine the hours the set / props etc people has to put into these shows.

Reactions: Zloth and Frindis
TNG would be my favorite of all of them followed by Deep Space Nine, TNG is special to me because growing up it was a ritual for my father and i to eat dinner, cleanup and then have a new episode of TNG to watch, or even re-runs, i was the only kid to sit and watch them with him, this fundamentally set me off into my love of sci-fi. Deep Space Nine was just a great series and at the time i thought the station was the coolest looking thing in the Star Trek Universe.

Babylon 5 has the best ship designs in sci-fi period ;)

• Love
Reactions: Frindis and Zloth
I've been watching evey episode from TOS to VOY (release date order) this year for the first time in my life and i've just finished the last episode of Enterprise, I just came here to say the ending of Enterprise sucked.
The two parter just before the last episode was a very fitting ending to the show.

@Zloth I still have season 3 to 7 to watch of Voyager but yes I have seen that Episode,
That one did push my suspension of disbelief to the limits, the body horror aspect was cool but the ending was just like "well you both turned into giant salamanders, but it's fine now because I did something since this episode needs to end."
Janeway's like "Don't worry about it Tom, it was probably me looking for that Alien salamander booty"

somewhat similar to the TNG episode where Deanna turns into a half frog and Worf somekind of Animal. Haha Star Trek has some weird episodes.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Or the episode where Wesley is trying to get into Star Fleet Academy. This is a kid with at least as much knowledge about the ship as the chief engineer of Star Fleet's flagship and has figured out numerous, highly-bizarre situations before the rest of the highly-trained AND experienced crew! Is he applying to be a student or a teacher!? Actually, he created life at one point. Perhaps he's put in an application to be the god of the SFA??

While he does have some social issues, let's not forget that he's one of the few engineers that hasn't been using the holodeck for virtual romances. (To our knowledge, anyway.)

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
The other night I watched a whole special on Youtube about how they had this massive auction of all the ST series props, was amazing, the studio had a giant warehouse FULL of stuff, I just couldn't believe how much WORK goes into a ST series, it's insane!!!!

I think they said TNG cost like $1m per episode back in those days, crazy.

You have to respect the hard work that goes into it, I can't begin to imagine the hours the set / props etc people has to put into these shows.
The $1M per episode also would include set and effects budgets spread over the series it's worth remembering also in later seasons the studio allegedly had a stylist just for Riker's beard (they decided to have one not the actor asking for it)

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
Voyager got the most death threats and hate mail for the studio since they messed up Spocks makeup in TOS.

When Enterprise aired, voyager became a beloved member of the family.

Whe Discovery aired, fans of star trek WEPT in hate and shame for what had been done to us. For it was nothing but a perversion of Star Trek and its values, morals, and intent. And design philosophy.

Picard has since come out, and now Picard and Discovery and the new Below Decks cartoons are out. And despite what the studio says, THOSE three shows are why we will not get a new star trek MOVIE for perhaps 6 years.

To much fan anger that will hurt the film.

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
I love star trek Next Gen.I started to watch Star Trek Discovery and it really good.
Sorry if you had watched TNG youd hate, loath and despise discovery, picard, and below decks.

Violate all moral and ethical standards of star trek. Seriously, "decks" had an entire episode about everyone stealing from the ship to sell on the black market

Jun 22, 2021
Visit site
I am done with Trek. Discovery ruined Trek for me (for its forced social content). Picard, I had high hopes and it made me cry, but the final scene with Seven just KILLED IT for me. No more Treks for me. As bad as some episodes were from TOS (including TAS) to ENT, and TNG was my favorite. The three reboots were not bad, continuity errors aside. But nothing more from this point on. Sticking what I like.

Reactions: Bang_dewa99
Jun 17, 2021
Visit site
i do at times watch star trek, but there's one that stands out for me must of been a good 15 + years ago i saw it on bbc2 i think it was where the crew explore an area and it's like they were looking for a ship and there was like this black slime stuff and if you get close you get sucked in and i can remember a black figure appearing out of the black stuff, i always remember this one, i forget what it's called now, would like to watch it again.

Reactions: Frindis

TRENDING THREADS