Whats the average price of a game these days?

Zloth

Community Contributor
For a brand new, AAA game, it's $60 with a smattering of $50's and one $70. There are plenty of brand new games that come out for less, though. They aren't as high quality but they can server niche gaming tastes. Wildermyth and The Forgotten City are both recent examples of very good games that only cost $25.

(I'm ignoring "free to play" games. You never know how much those things will really cost you.)
The good thing about Game Pass is that I'm trying out games I never would have tried before because it doesn't cost me any more to play as many games as I want on there.
The old OnLive service was like that, too. It only let you play for 30 minutes, but there was also 0 installation process. I found Just Cause 2 that way!

Great old thread. A year and a half ago, we had no idea where this would lead us. Prices for games have skyrocketed and our expectations are not being met.

Honestly havent payed any more for games than what i was paying when this thread was written. Yea the norm now is 70 for a base game but there are still ample amount of ways to get games for free or cheap, does that maybe add to the dropping quality of games we expect more from? whos to say.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS