What was the last game you played that read your old save?

Zloth

Community Contributor
Back in the days of yore, it wasn't all that rare for a game in a series to ask you for a save game from a previous game in the series. For instance, Dragon Age 2 would check what your character looked like in DA1 and put a statue up that looked like your old character.

Now, the practice is all but gone - which seems weird to me given our cavernous hard drives that are hardly worth cleaning up and cloud saves which can persist from platform to platform. I think the last one that did that for me was Witcher 3. (It did it quite well, too, keeping a tattoo you could get in the second game around.) Other than W3, I think I would have to go back to Dragon Age 2 for a game that used a previous game's save.

Has anyone else gotten to do this in other games recently? Do you think any future games are likely to do this? (Hmmm, perhaps Kingdom Come 2....)

Zloth

Community Contributor
Was it really that common? I thought only a handful of particularly ambitious narrative RPGs, especially Bioware, did it.
I would say it was uncommon, but way more than a handful. I asked Copilot and it listed off Mass Effect, Witcher, The Walking Dead, .Hack, and others. It pointed out an article in PC Gamer that says Bard's Tale 2 would let you load your save from Ultima or Wizardry, as well as Bard's Tale 1!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts