What was the first video game you remember playing?

Page 4 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Jan 30, 2020
Visit site
I remember playing pong on an atari. then some oddball floppy disc games my gramps had on his old pc. nes duck hunt/ mario bc thats all we had. I remember in 5th grade playing oregon trail at school too. When I was younger i often looked up to my uncle kinda stood in for my absent father he got me on rpg like paladdans quest, zelda, and ff3 man i loved that game played it so many times saved shadow and all.

Feb 12, 2020
Visit site
The very first video game I played was Asteroids on an Atari. The first PC game I played was the original SimCity followed by Sid Meier's Civilization on a lowly 286 desktop PC with monochrome graphics, no hard drive, 4 MB of extended RAM and the operating system and games comes in a 5.25" floppy diskettes.

Reactions: SWard
Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
I played a lot of games in my childhood, but I don’t remember them very well and I don’t even remember their name and the only game I remember is Dragon Ball. I obviously didn't know what to do. I had been walking on the Snake way for a long time until I got bored and threw myself from over it (Only those who watched the anime will understand the suffering here)

Feb 14, 2020
Visit site
I remember playing Prince of Persia 2 on a neighbor's computer. Later, when we had our own computer, I played NFS 2 & Fifa 98. I played some flash games via floppy disks too. But I can't remember their names at all anymore. But I had fun playing those, no doubt. :)

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
My first game, as I remember it, was Doom that I played on my friends' 386. I don't think it even had a dedicated graphics card until he upgraded to a Voodoo something or other (this was the mid 90s). Then he introduced me to the original Half-life and my addiction took off. I really owe that friend for introducing me to PC gaming. It's a bit of a shame that we are no longer friends. Marriage will do that to you (his, not mine, I'm a devout bachelor)

Feb 14, 2020
Visit site
I go waaaaaay back. My family`s first home PC had a 33Mhz 386 processor and DOS. I was 5 years old, but i knew how to use the command promt to get to the games. And, oh may god, what a perfect bunch of games - original Prince of Persia, original Wolfenstein, Grand Prix Circuit, Sokoban ... Good old days!!

TRENDING THREADS