What was the first video game you remember playing?

Page 16 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
May 10, 2020
Visit site
Thinking back makes met think of a bunch of "first" games I have ever played.
But - I think some of the most memorable are:
PS
Ape Escape. A fun game I loved playing as a youngling.
MGS: Snake Eater - One of the most awesome games I have played - till date I struggle to get a game that rivals it. (Maybe I just have nostalgia filters on)

PC: One of my first games was Battlefield 2 and Crysis.

But if you ask what was my very first games on PC...
Its either pinball or Teletubbies game XD

Reactions: mjs10205
May 20, 2020
Visit site
I guess it depends on what you class as a video game, but I have memories of playing both Treasure Island Dizzy on the ZX Spectrum in the late mid 90s and some sort of Magic School Bus game around the same time on our first PC.

May 21, 2020
Visit site
I think the earliest game I can remember playing was Frogger on an arcade game when I was 7 years old which was at a gas station in 1986. There were free lives to play and only got to play a little of it before my mom made me leave. I really didn’t want to. :(

May 21, 2020
Visit site
I think the earliest game I can remember playing was Frogger on an arcade game when I was 7 years old which was at a gas station in 1986. There were free lives to play and only got to play a little of it before my mom made me leave. I really didn’t want to.
I remember playing a Frogger type of game, your character was a frog and you had to jump on water lilys to cross the lake. And the water lilys blow off after time.
I don't now what game was that.

May 16, 2020
Visit site
It might have been Football Manager or Microprose Soccer on the Commodore 64.
I dont know if it was actually called Football Manager though. I remember you could save your progress on the tape, but that only worked about half of the time ...
Probably my favourite game back then was Boulder Dash. I could get trough the whole game without dying once. Had I played it today I probably would have thrown the TV out the window. FRUSTRATION! :sneaky:

May 23, 2020
Visit site
The first video game I ever played was Combat on the Atari 2600.

Yes, I am an Old Skooler and I have never grown tired of games down through the years. They have always fascinated me.

Reactions: Frindis
May 23, 2020
Visit site
( do you mean the first PC game I played )The first game I remember playing was pong and a pinball game on a cartridge machine called a VC 4000 around 1985, I only had the two games. the controller for the machine looked great there was a lot of buttons on it which would make you think the machine was brilliant and it was.I did have a zx spectrum but I gave it to someone with about 200 games, but I had the VC4000 for a long time. if you ask me what PC games I first played I started playing them around the time of half-life and the MEDAL OF HONOR game's. they were very deer but worth the price of around 200 pound at the time......

May 26, 2020
Visit site
My father had a PC as long as I can remember. It was the 90s and the first PC what I can remember had Intel 80286. We had monochrome screen and no sound card just that beeping speaker. It had only DOS. Maybe Windows 3.1?

I cannot remember what was the first game what I played. The first one what I remember was Mario (a clone for DOS). Maybe there was a trick what we did not now, but we couldn't pass the 4. level. Despite of that we played that first three level countless times.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxwRQKmin-E

My favorite games from that age are still great to play: Warcraft2, Lost Vikings, Raptor Call of the Shadows, Jazz Jackrabbit, Doom1-2, Prehistoric 1-2, Transport Tycoon, Commander Keen
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU-n8UZM5Cc

TRENDING THREADS