What upcoming game would you buy if it was released today?

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Is there a game you're waiting for which you'd crack your wallet right now if it were available? Is it a game that's been announced or is it something that you're expecting but might be still in the works (eg Half-Life 3). Here's my list:
  1. Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree
  2. Grand Theft Auto 6
  3. Death Stranding 2
  4. STALKER 2: Heart of Chornobyl
  5. Alien: Isolation 2 (A man can dream, can't he?)

Games that have been announced:

Frost Punk 2
Menace (because I loved Battle Brothers so much.)
Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree

Games I'd love to see.

Tyranny 2. There's a lot of stories to tell in that world still I think and I preferred it to POE. Shame Obsidian will probably never go back there.
XCom 3. Not sure what they would do to advance the formula, but I thought Firaxis were trying some ideas that I liked in Chimera Squad, even if the characters and story werent great IMO.
Control 2. The world and lore is really interesting and I'd love to tear up a small city or town and throw chunks of it at extra dimensional horrors with my mind.

If I had to just choose one, I’d say Crimson Desert. The trailer they released last year was so ambitious and spectacular it completely blew me away. I have never seen a game do so many different things at once but have it look cohesive. One of the top comments says “it’s one of those I’ll believe it when I see it type games” and that sums it up for me as well. I really hope it does offer everything the trailer shows, but we have all been burned by trailers before so its best to take it with a grain of salt. However if it does all the things it says it does, I would absolutely love to play it right now.

View: https://youtu.be/ZdmoGYg8tB0

Last Epoch 1.0 :grin:
refreshes steam... shame game servers offline for a day while they get ready for that release date you mentioned... can't even play offline in that time, since servers need to respond to some request.
Patch/servers should be up by 11am on 21st CST (whenever that is) -its 22nd here, I hate being in future sometimes. I probably won't play until weekend anyway. Let them fix teething issues.

So I had a quickie thru 2024 releases and notes, and have penciled following in as 2029 possibles:
  • Feb 23—9-Bit Armies: A Bit Too Far: Pixel graphics RTS from old C&C devs
  • September 5 — Stalker 2: Heart of Chornobyl - The Zone awaits (Steam)
Date unknown:
  • Civilization 7
  • Far Cry 7—or 6 expansion [both rumored, nothing announced yet]
  • Tempest Rising - Archetypal base-building RTS (Steam)
  • Stormgate - New RTS from ex-Blizzard devs (Steam)
  • World of Goo 2 - Slimy physics puzzle sequel (Site)
  • DORF RTS—land, air, sea, 3 factions
  • Manor Lords—Medieval city building, large battles, economic & social sim
  • Global Conflagration—classic RTS
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Next iteration of Flight Sim (Site)
  • Lost Isle - Procgen fantasy survival (Steam)

Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts