What to play for a casual gamer?

Jun 18, 2024
Visit site
So im a 15 year old gamer. and im embarrassed to say that im playing video games since im 5. but for very long time i played literally only roblox. and when someone asks me "what do you play on pc?" i cant say roblox and i cant lie to them too. i wanna play some story games. what would you recommend? im ok for tps,fps,action,adventure or any games. i have pc,ps5 and nintendo switch so i can play on any platform you recommend. and i have money i can buy games.

Zloth

Community Contributor
There's so many! Let's see, a few off the top of my head, giving extra weight to stories, and dodging the M rated stuff because I've got no clue what you are and aren't allowed to mess with:

Final Fantasy 7. GREAT story - and several options.
The original game has the full story, and it's a really good one - but it's told by people that look like colored Legos. It's shocking how well Lego-people can stir emotions. The battles are also way less action'y. You can download some modifications to make the game look better, but it's never going to get close to the modern version.

The remake splits the original game into three parts. The first part is on both PC and PS5. Part two is out on PS5 but hasn't shown up for PC yet. Part three is probably a few years away. The graphics are extremely impressive, and they've expanded on and messed with the story some.

The original is on PC (no idea what kind of retro options the PS5 has):

The new one:

Or, if you want a good story where you aren't messing with all these options:
The story takes some time to get started, but once you scale up that tower, wow!

P.S. The Steam summer sale starts in 9 days. MANY more games will be on sale.

What do you like? What kind of things are you interested in? Action-sportsish games like Driftwood and Lonely Mountains Downhill are really easy to start & get into, but like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1-3 there's no story. There are some games that let you begin doing stuff immediately and only make you worry about details as much as you want (Stardew Valley) and others that throw you into the middle of things and force you to camp on wikis to find out WTF you're doing. The Sims 4 is absolutely easy to get into, but the genre isn't for many people. if you're a history nerd you might get into the Civ series, but I'd stay away from very detailed games like Hearts of Iron or Europa because of the learning curve. If you like simulations, Steam is FULL of them -- my favorites are PC Building Simulator, Game Dev Tycoon, and House Flipper. Would like to try a car repair game to start learning basics of how automobiles work but I never see them on sale cheap enough.

Well I'd look at getting Steam and Epic Games. Epic gives out free games so you can see what ya like that way.

Also what kind of games ya like? There's lots that have good stories.

RPG - Final Fantasy, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Avernum, Pillars of Eternity series are all good.
Action - Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed, Dark Souls/Elden Ring are good.
Some good casual games to play as well are Peggle, Slay The Spire

Reactions: Brian Boru
So im a 15 year old gamer. and im embarrassed to say that im playing video games since im 5. but for very long time i played literally only roblox. and when someone asks me "what do you play on pc?" i cant say roblox and i cant lie to them too. i wanna play some story games. what would you recommend? im ok for tps,fps,action,adventure or any games. i have pc,ps5 and nintendo switch so i can play on any platform you recommend. and i have money i can buy games.
I rarely play games with stories, so I can't help much there, but you could consider getting PC Game Pass. There might be an introductory offer, but usually it's $9.99 a month, and you get to download tons of games and play whatever you want. Skyrim and Fallout 4 are there, and they sound like the sort of thing you might be looking for.

If you do go for the Game Pass that has been recommended here, I would also recommend checking out the https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/nvidia-geforce-rewards-microsoft-pc-game-pass/ and see if you can get three months for completely free. Just remember to toggle off the auto-renew option in your Microsoft account before the period is over so you don't get charged. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions concerning how to activate it.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021
Visit site
Hey, no shame in playing Roblox since you were 5! Want to get into story games? Check out The Last of Us (PS5), Life is Strange (PC, PS5, Switch), or Uncharted (PS5) for some epic adventures. Or try What Remains of Edith Finch (PC, PS5, Switch) or Firewatch (PC, PS5) for something more chill. You've got the platforms, now get gaming!

Jun 18, 2024
Visit site
There's so many! Let's see, a few off the top of my head, giving extra weight to stories, and dodging the M rated stuff because I've got no clue what you are and aren't allowed to mess with:

Final Fantasy 7. GREAT story - and several options.
The original game has the full story, and it's a really good one - but it's told by people that look like colored Legos. It's shocking how well Lego-people can stir emotions. The battles are also way less action'y. You can download some modifications to make the game look better, but it's never going to get close to the modern version.

The remake splits the original game into three parts. The first part is on both PC and PS5. Part two is out on PS5 but hasn't shown up for PC yet. Part three is probably a few years away. The graphics are extremely impressive, and they've expanded on and messed with the story some.

The original is on PC (no idea what kind of retro options the PS5 has):

The new one:

Or, if you want a good story where you aren't messing with all these options:
The story takes some time to get started, but once you scale up that tower, wow!

P.S. The Steam summer sale starts in 9 days. MANY more games will be on sale.
i tried horzion zero dawn and grapichs really did impressed me (especially after a game like roblox lol) and i will play final fantasy after the games i bought and i also think i bought ps5 with 3 games gifted. i will try these games too

Jun 18, 2024
Visit site
What do you like? What kind of things are you interested in? Action-sportsish games like Driftwood and Lonely Mountains Downhill are really easy to start & get into, but like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1-3 there's no story. There are some games that let you begin doing stuff immediately and only make you worry about details as much as you want (Stardew Valley) and others that throw you into the middle of things and force you to camp on wikis to find out WTF you're doing. The Sims 4 is absolutely easy to get into, but the genre isn't for many people. if you're a history nerd you might get into the Civ series, but I'd stay away from very detailed games like Hearts of Iron or Europa because of the learning curve. If you like simulations, Steam is FULL of them -- my favorites are PC Building Simulator, Game Dev Tycoon, and House Flipper. Would like to try a car repair game to start learning basics of how automobiles work but I never see them on sale cheap enough.
i played game dev tycoon and house flipper they were fun but not that for me. and i used to paly thug 2 really really a lot. i played sims 4 a lot too i love games with character customisation. im not really into history.

Jun 18, 2024
Visit site
If you do go for the Game Pass that has been recommended here, I would also recommend checking out the https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/nvidia-geforce-rewards-microsoft-pc-game-pass/ and see if you can get three months for completely free. Just remember to toggle off the auto-renew option in your Microsoft account before the period is over so you don't get charged. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions concerning how to activate it.
i have a 3060 gpu but i dont see it.

i use beta nvidia app
If you have not already, log into your account through Nvidia GeForce Experience. You can see that I have a username on the right side and under that username, there is a redeem button:
K7gKU8h.png

Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm
i did but in redeem i only see elder scrolls online thing
After you logged in to your Gefore Experience, did you also try to go to the Nvidias homepage again and try to redeem it there? If you by any chance are using an old Microsoft account that has already redeemed a free trial of Xbox Game Pass, you will have to make another Microsoft Account to be eligible for the promotion. If that does not work either, I would recommend using the free online chat at https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/support/consumer/. You can see the chat window on the bottom and they'll probably be able to help you further.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts