What is the best shooting game on PC?

Page 6 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

What is the best shooter on PC?

• CS:GO (1 or 2)

Votes: 496 18.0%
  • PUBG

Votes: 748 27.2%
  • Battlefield Game

Votes: 179 6.5%
  • Valorant

Votes: 218 7.9%
  • Call of Duty Game

Votes: 645 23.5%
  • Far Cry

Votes: 80 2.9%
  • Doom

Votes: 73 2.7%
  • Something else - please comment

Votes: 310 11.3%

• Total voters
just vote if game already listed above.

Rules

• Only PC games accepted
  • Only post if your game isn't already listed above, If you post about a game already mentioned in the poll, your post will be removed.
  • Only post if your game hasn't previously been mentioned by someone else, don't quote their post, liking it is enough.
  • Posts repeating suggestions will be removed
  • Off topic posts will be removed.

No need to say you voted for CS:GO, the vote is enough.

Nov 19, 2023
Visit site
Why are there so few votes for Butelfield? This is a great game, as for me, all the functions of the shooter are implemented well, maybe not perfect, but it deserves more votes.

I voted for BF but I must say there is a caveat to my vote.

I think BF 3 was the best BF ever, and therefore the best shooter ever made. I think BF4 was a close second but BF 3 was a little better,

BFBC2 was good, but BF3 was the peak. After BF3 they slowly went down hill.

BF4 was very good but not as good, BF1 a little worse, BF5 little worse than 1, and the BF2042 may be a good game but its not for me.

The entire reason I got into BF was it was different than COD, but it seems like ever since BF3, the developers have done everything they can to be as much like COD as possible.

And although I will admit to playing it, I'm not going to comment of BFHL...........

Oct 30, 2023
Visit site

I think BF 3 was the best BF ever, and therefore the best shooter ever made. I think BF4 was a close second but BF 3 was a little better,

BF4 was very good but not as good, BF1 a little worse, BF5 little worse than 1, and the BF2042 may be a good game but its not for me.

The entire reason I got into BF was it was different than COD, but it seems like ever since BF3, the developers have done everything they can to be as much like COD as possible.

And although I will admit to playing it, I'm not going to comment of BFHL...........
Well, I agree that BF 3 is the best that the developers could come up with. But on the other hand, now everything is simply developing at a rapid speed and it is extremely difficult to come up with something new. That's why it seems to me that they will still surprise us, but they need time

I find it quaint you call them all BF2 or 3 when really they up to number 39 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Battlefield_video_games

they worse than hardware makers... get to 5 and start number count again. Are they afraid to show their age? How little they have achieved in 39 games apart from re runs of old wars. Slap new graphics on the old skeleton and walk it out to fight another day

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru
Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Doom Eternal hands down. The half life games get an honorable mention but I've never had as much fun in a shooter as I've had playing Doom Eternal. Once everything clicks it's glorious.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Dec 13, 2023
Visit site
I mean if we want a strict shooter in the sense of accurate ballistics, weapon behaviour and all, it's baffling to see ARMA is not on the list.

And Medal of Honor, also, because nostalgia hits big time.

Nov 6, 2022
Visit site
Curious to know you guys' take on what shooter is best for getting KBM feel/ learning keybinds.. Ive heard it was Counter Strike, but dropping in -everyone else is so far advanced it feels like a waste of time

Oct 24, 2023
Visit site
Curious to know you guys' take on what shooter is best for getting KBM feel/ learning keybinds.. Ive heard it was Counter Strike, but dropping in -everyone else is so far advanced it feels like a waste of time
In fact, I played cornt Strike for a long time, but in fact I like rainbow more, somehow everything is more interesting for us

Dec 21, 2023
Visit site
Simple question: What in your opinion is the best shooter on PC?

just vote if game already listed above.

Rules

• Only PC games accepted
  • Only post if your game isn't already listed above, If you post about a game already mentioned in the poll, your post will be removed.
  • Only post if your game hasn't previously been mentioned by someone else, don't quote their post, liking it is enough.
  • Posts repeating suggestions will be removed
  • Off topic posts will be removed.
If you like fast paced shooters such as DOOM, I really enjoyed Trepang2.

Super good soundtrack, neat character design with both friendlies and enemies, interesting story and environments.

One moment you might go from zipping around in the lobby of some big corp gilling bad guys left and right while defending a server thats being hacked, then the next you're spooked outta your socks running through the backrooms whilst the team you enter with go missing.

Really nice animations and gunplay too, highly recommend for a change of pace in the fps scene!

(plus you can get a skin that covers yourself and your firearms in pepperoni and cheese.)

Dec 25, 2023
Visit site
Throughout my childhood, one game stood out among the rest: IGI 2. Its time-based missions and the exhilarating thrill of blasting cameras for sheer enjoyment are what propelled IGI 2 to the pinnacle of my gaming experiences.

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
Doom is not only an arch-classic of the FPS genre, but also an extremely important piece of history and a cornerstone of modern gaming. Doom is one of the most important games ever to see the light of day. The footprint that this title has left on both the industry itself and pop culture is very great, it revolutionized the way we think about games and the philosophy of game development, but it also became a flashpoint for a debate about violence in the media that dragged on for years. So much in a nutshell for why it's Doom :)

Jan 20, 2024
Visit site

Hey man, I feel you on BF3 being the peak of the series. That game just had the perfect balance of gameplay, maps, weapons, etc. BF4 came really close to capturing that same magic, but never quite reached the same heights.

But I gotta disagree that it's been all downhill since then. BF1 was a refreshing change of pace and setting that I ended up really digging once I got used to the different style. And while BFV wasn't my favorite, I respect that DICE tried some new mechanics with the fortifications and squad revives.

As for 2042, I'm withholding judgement until I get my hands on the final product. The trailers look promising but trailers ain't the same as full multiplayer gameplay. Could it end up being a disaster? Sure, but I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic.

I do get where you're coming from on the series becoming more CoD-ified over time though. The faster pace and smaller maps cater more to the CoD playstyle lately. But that's just the way gaming goes - studios are gonna chase the most popular style and hype. Can't fully blame DICE for giving people what they seem to want, even if it moves away from BF's roots.

Anyway, maybe 2042 will surprise us all and bring back the glory days of BF3. A man can dream right? Either way, BF3 will always hold a special place for me as representing that perfect balance of tactical and fast-paced explosive action. A true classic.

TRENDING THREADS