What is the best shooting game on PC?

Page 7 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

What is the best shooter on PC?

• CS:GO (1 or 2)

Votes: 501 18.1%
  • PUBG

Votes: 751 27.2%
  • Battlefield Game

Votes: 181 6.5%
  • Valorant

Votes: 218 7.9%
  • Call of Duty Game

Votes: 646 23.4%
  • Far Cry

Votes: 80 2.9%
  • Doom

Votes: 76 2.7%
  • Something else - please comment

Votes: 311 11.3%

• Total voters
Jan 19, 2024
Visit site
My opinion might be unpopular, but classic shooters like CS2 can be really captivating, and that's why I like them. You gradually improve your skills, learn about grenades, pixels, and a bunch of little secrets that can help you win. The competitive aspect keeps you playing again and again, even if you lose.

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
Its all about personal preferences really. I don't prefer any of the games in the survey as my "go to" games. My favorite CFPS I have been playing for a while now are Overwatch, Halo Infinite, and like 5% of the time I'll jump into an Apex or Destiny 2 game. But there are TONS of absolutely epic solo campaign shooters. Doom series is a very fun solo shooter and is the gold standard for performance optimization, as are the Wolfenstein games. Bioshock, Deus Ex, Mass Effect, FEAR series, RDR2, Resident Evi, I'm currently enjoying Prey (2017) very much..... my list goes on and on. The best shooter (or any type of game) is the one you enjoy most, the one you sit at work or school and think about playing when you get home. Sci-fi? Horror? Competitive? Fantasy? History? Stealth? Guns Blazing? Its all just a click away, the choice is yours - Happy hunting!

Reactions: Brian Boru
Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
My opinion might be unpopular, but classic shooters like CS2 can be really captivating, and that's why I like them. You gradually improve your skills, learn about grenades, pixels, and a bunch of little secrets that can help you win. The competitive aspect keeps you playing again and again, even if you lose.
I think in many ways classic shooters are more popular than they have ever been. They run way better than most of the garbage released today and were from a time period where most games were designed to be just straight up fun, simple, and engrossing. Devices like Steam Deck and ROG Ally are bringing more popularity to them..

Sep 1, 2020
Visit site
I'm a little to see no Quake or Unreal Tournament games there. That's kinda expected since none of the games is a truly active franchise now, at least compared to the title listed, but in terms of having fun in a shooter, classic arena-style FPS games are as good as it gets.

Doom can somehow fit into the category I'm talking about, especially the source ports and multiplayer(-ish) mods and wads, though, even knowing they're a niche.

Apr 19, 2024
Visit site
You know what? My pick for the best shooter on PC would have to be Rainbow Six Siege. Hear me out! Sure, it's not on the list, but man, the tactical gameplay in Siege is next level. It's all about strategy, teamwork, and those intense, heart-pounding moments when you breach a room or defend an objective. Plus, the operators and their unique abilities add a whole new layer of depth to the gameplay. So yeah, for me, Rainbow Six Siege takes the cake as the top shooter on PC!
Simple question: What in your opinion is the best shooter on PC?

just vote if game already listed above.

Rules

• Only PC games accepted
  • Only post if your game isn't already listed above, If you post about a game already mentioned in the poll, your post will be removed.
  • Only post if your game hasn't previously been mentioned by someone else, don't quote their post, liking it is enough.
  • Posts repeating suggestions will be removed
  • Off topic posts will be removed.

Apr 19, 2024
Visit site
Today, I wanna talk about something near and dear to my heart – shooter games! Now, I've played my fair share of shooters, and let me tell ya, there are some real gems out there. So, without further ado, let's dive into my top picks for the coolest shooter games ever!

First up, we've got the classic Call of Duty series. I mean, who hasn't spent countless hours dominating the battlefield in COD? From the intense multiplayer matches to the gripping single-player campaigns, COD never fails to deliver the adrenaline rush we crave.

Next on the list is Rainbow Six Siege. This tactical shooter is all about strategy and teamwork, and let me tell you, pulling off a perfectly coordinated breach with your squad feels absolutely epic. Plus, with a constantly evolving meta and a ton of operators to choose from, there's always something new to master in Siege.

Now, let's talk about CS:GO. This game is a true FPS masterpiece. The gunplay is tight, the maps are iconic, and the competitive scene is insanely intense. Whether you're clutching a 1v5 or pulling off an insane AWP flick shot, every moment in CS:GO is filled with adrenaline-pumping action.

And of course, we can't forget about Overwatch. Blizzard knocked it out of the park with this one. The diverse cast of heroes, each with their own unique abilities, makes for some seriously dynamic gameplay. Plus, the vibrant art style and immersive lore add an extra layer of depth to the experience.

Last but not least, we've got Destiny 2. Now, I know some folks might argue that it's more of a looter-shooter than a traditional FPS, but hear me out. The gunplay in Destiny 2 is buttery smooth, the world-building is top-notch, and there's nothing quite like teaming up with your fireteam to take down a raid boss.

So there you have it, folks – my top picks for the coolest shooter games ever! Whether you're a fan of fast-paced action or strategic gameplay, there's something on this list for everyone. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some more enemies to frag. Happy gaming!

• Love

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts