What are you playing this weekend? (Oct 9-10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gotten sucked into Craftopia really badly, so I'll be doing a lot of that this weekend. I'm actually getting less sleep because of it. Also plan to play the part of Far Cry 6 that @Brian Boru will download a mod to skip so that I can be ready to play when my co-op partner becomes available next week. You usually have to play SP for awhile before co-op opens.

I also downloaded a couple of demos from Steam Next that I want (or used to want) to try out. One of them was a planet terraforming game which I just happened, later, to catch a dev play of. Now I'm not sure whether I'm going to play the demo or not. If I do it will only be to see how they explain certain things, like the planet you are assigned to terraform already having plant life. I have a feeling it's just a poorly thought out indie game like the one I played where you were supposed to terraform the moon. I could talk for an hour about how ridiculous that game was.

The other demo is not really a game, though. It's more of a virtualization tool for architects and interior designers, but it looks fun to me.

Far Cry 6 with some Destiny 2 sprinkled in there because thats my forever game.

You usually have to play SP for awhile before co-op opens.

Yea, i never liked that they did this, but its not as long as i remember FC 5 or 4 being but i could not play this game without a COOP partner, its much more fun, im enjoying it so far and im glad that its like other far crys.

Oct 8, 2021
Visit site
Far Cry 6 with some Destiny 2 sprinkled in there because thats my forever game.

Yea, i never liked that they did this, but its not as long as i remember FC 5 or 4 being but i could not play this game without a COOP partner, its much more fun, im enjoying it so far and im glad that its like other far crys.
Destiny 2! 👀

Reactions: ZedClampet
We just finished playing Gloomhaven, winning the scenario we lost last week. And we only had to roll back some actions a few times because we forgot about something and only completely forgot one status effect until the end of the next turn...

It would be ideal if we could play this game before midnight, that would probably help decrease the mistakes we make, but our child isn't old enough to entertain herself for several hours, so we'll just have to cope with the sleep deprivation.

Talking about which, I have a family gathering tomorrow (or rather, in about 8 hours), so I'll probably be too tired in the evening to play anything. Perhaps Sunday I'll get a little bit of time to play, otherwise I might get some time on Monday to continue my Dwarf campaign in Warhammer 2.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I'll have a long weekend (up to Wednesday), so there's plenty of time to play some games. :) I'm continuing Diablo 2 Resurrected and have to beat the final boss in Ghostrunner. I'm also playing Star Trek: Bridge Commander and there are chances that I'll finish it before my long weekend ends. There's a lot of games which I'd like to play next, but haven't decided yet which one it should be.

A little Runescape and some Battlefield 2042 Beta. Here is my character in Runescape btw- an undead ice mage wingy guy that likes to flex a lot around the general hub.
meylRUQ.jpg

I've just started dipping into Surviving Mars which I think I got free from Epic a while ago. I'm only just finishing the tutorials. Seems like there's some depth here hopefully.

Also played a little Battle Brothers and started Sekiro again so I can get the Shura ending, as I've not yet fought Emma and Ishin Ashina.

Sounds like I've played a lot but haven't really had much time at the desk this weekend. Grabbed half an hour here and there in fits and starts.

Reactions: ZedClampet
Tales of Arise. I feel like it's impossible for me to tell you guys why the story is so well-done without spoiling some important plot details, but I will say that the world of Dahna has a lot more surprises going for it than what is on the surface. At the very least, it's a good indicator that Bandai Namco Studios has learned what does and doesn't work after pumping out games for the franchise non-stop up until Berseria and moving onto other projects.

@Ryzengang Just started fresh myself. Been using Twitch prime, Steelseries, and Xbox game pass perks to level up some skills and getting some cool-looking cosmetics. I like to hang out in GS and do party rooms right now. Hoping to get some money for membership, while I do small laboring like killing chickens and making rune arrowheads for coins. The bond is like 38mil now, a pretty steep price if you ask me.

Here's a picture of a new base I built while listening to a stream of my football team today. The base is big enough to put some huge machinery in it that normally would only go outside. Makes it easier to automate.

I captured a bunch of repeatable quest giving NPC's and put them in cubbies in the side section, but when I went back into the game to take the screenshot it looks like they despawned. Was worth a shot. The merchants don't despawn, so I'll put a bunch of them in there.

ct5.png

Reactions: mainer and Pifanjr
There is a thread around here somewhere about what I am doing so won't pollute this one with it. Apart from that, I have no idea what game I would want to play next. I only really play one game at a time, until I get tired of the music (in the jungle) or just don't want to start hating it (Journey), I won't look at anything else. And I have been known to takes years to find the next game.

More Skyrim again! Well, a little bit more Skyrim. I had a pretty good time in Blackreach, can't remember ever getting through it in prior playthroughs but as stated before fatigue usually sets in before I hit level 30 which has kept me from ever coming close to finishing the game. Even this time I'm starting to eye other games which aren't populated by cardboard cutouts, but I'll try to persist as I'm sure you're all aching to find out what happens to Groguk the unpleasant.

I'm manfully trying to push through the main quest, as boring as I'm finding it, just so I don't feel guilty racing off to Solstheim for the Dragonborn content which I've never touched before. I'm having to switch back to the Dawnguard quests from time to time though because Delphine and company are just so painfully dull. At least Serana appears semi-aware of the world around her, and I've got a good feeling that killing every inhabitant of both castles Volkihar and Dawnguard will be an option at some point. Groguk just wants to burst peoples heads like grapes, rummage through their pockets and position their corpses in interesting/humiliating ways so all this talking is really getting him down. Might get him a new battleaxe to cheer him up, I hate seeing him like this. Sad orc noises.

Last edited:
Reactions: mainer and Pifanjr
Didn't get much contiguous gaming time this weekend, so only a couple of shortish forays into continuing Far Cry 5. I think rather than scattering posts about it over multiple threads, I should make a playthru thread for anyone who's interested in following along and sharing tips and experiences.

@Colif and a few others are posting up a storm in the Diablo 2 Resurrected thread—even tho I have no interest in the game itself, it's interesting to read the back & forth between y'all :)

I think rather than scattering posts about it over multiple threads, I should make a playthru thread for anyone who's interested in following along and sharing tips and experiences.

That could be fun. I may go play that solo. Most of my advice at this point would be to let my son go in first, but never let him fly a plane, but those wisdoms won't apply for most people. When we played Far Cry 4 right after it came out, we often struggled to take over enemy areas and get the stealth bonuses. Now that he's in his prime, he can just run into the outpost and shoot everyone in the head before the "spotted" timers run out. If he weren't my son, I probably wouldn't play with him lol. But I still have a good time even though it feels like I'm on passive mode half the time and have had my self-image dragged across burning coals.

That could be fun. I may go play that solo. Most of my advice at this point would be to let my son go in first, but never let him fly a plane, but those wisdoms won't apply for most people. When we played Far Cry 4 right after it came out, we often struggled to take over enemy areas and get the stealth bonuses. Now that he's in his prime, he can just run into the outpost and shoot everyone in the head before the "spotted" timers run out. If he weren't my son, I probably wouldn't play with him lol. But I still have a good time even though it feels like I'm on passive mode half the time and have had my self-image dragged across burning coals.

Parenting goals.

• Haha
Reactions: Zloth
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS