What are you playing this weekend (February 2024)

Not playing as such, apart from my fillers. Using Far Cry 5 to learn basics of recording and editing videos—one of my NY resolutions :)

I've got simple recording going in OBS—selected that even tho it's got way more that I need now, since the whole world regards it as the #1 free recorder.

On the other hand I went for simplest in editing, only really looking for ability to crop, split and join—aka cut the crap out of a video—and also recompile a reasonable file size.

Announcing Microsoft's own Movie Maker, or Video Editor I think it's called now—but that name will change by Tuesday, no doubt. Oh look, it did already—Clipchamp is now free with 365!

If I ever want serious editing, DaVinci Resolve is the likely choice—also many people's #1 freebie choice.

So yeah, tinkering and pottering :)

Not playing as such, apart from my fillers. Using Far Cry 5 to learn basics of recording and editing videos—one of my NY resolutions :)

I've got simple recording going in OBS—selected that even tho it's got way more that I need now, since the whole world regards it as the #1 free recorder.

On the other hand I went for simplest in editing, only really looking for ability to crop, split and join—aka cut the crap out of a video—and also recompile a reasonable file size.

Announcing Microsoft's own Movie Maker, or Video Editor I think it's called now—but that name will change by Tuesday, no doubt. Oh look, it did already—Clipchamp is now free with 365!

If I ever want serious editing, DaVinci Resolve is the likely choice—also many people's #1 freebie choice.

So yeah, tinkering and pottering :)
Tell me how you like clipchamp. Video editing is usually pretty hard on my laptops.

Gonna hit up Jedi Survivor.

Past month I've been at my sisters pretty much the whole time helping with my dying father and the steam deck won't run that game right sadly. Now that I'm home for a little bit and got my pc I'm hitting that up, LoL and maybe some Darktide.

I want to hit Baldurs Gate, but man I'm at a mission getting hosed on that game and just need a break. It's giving me flashback visions of the demon baby chucking monster from Last Remnant..... which I've lightly got back into.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Still going through the Cyberpunk thing. I got my mods updated for the latest version and I'm trucking through it. Kinda literally - El Capitan had me steal two trucks in a row.

FFMpeg! Cropping be like:
"D:\Program Files\FFMpeg\bin\ffmpeg" -ss 00:00:00 -to 00:01:18 -i %1 -c copy output.mp4

Actually, while I've been good keeping up with my screenshots, I've got a bunch of vids I really need to process.

With the addition of the 4080s to my rig this was my first weekend with it and i went through a gamut of games to see what i can push this card to, so ive played:

Cyberpunk 2077
Red Dead Redemption 2
Alan Wake 2
The Division 2
GTA V

and, last but not least because i play this everday: Diablo 4

I am probably goin to get either a gamepass or a ubi connect sub. for a month soon so i can test other graphically demanding games i dont own at the moment.

So far im absolutely impressed with the card. I spent this weekend benchmarking with 0 overclock and im getting easily 80+fps in 4k (though thats not my main resolution, just the tv's) at max settings and ray tracing/path tracing at max.

Nice idea, but missed its chance 40 years ago in the DOS era.

Mine are a lost cause, got 2,500. Trying to process the vids as I go, we'll see how long that lasts :rolleyes:
I finally turned off the new Win11 feature that automatically saved a copy of your screenshots to a folder within the Pictures folder. I had hundreds in there. I never used those because I always paste my screenshots into a photo editor. I like to crop them, when appropriate, and save them as jpeg so that my hard drive doesn't fill up with png's.

Plus if I tried to use the auto-saved pictures, I'd never get around to it, and it would quickly become a nightmare.

automatically saved a copy of your screenshots to a folder

Yeah, similar—then drag 'em from there to the game's screenie folder.

my hard drive doesn't fill up with png's

Hmm, mine are [almost?] all JPGs—there should be a setting *somewhere* 🤷‍♂️

I'd never get around to it, and it would quickly become a nightmare

If you can hook up a 2nd monitor and use sth like FastStone's Viewer, it makes IDing dupes & deletes as painless as it can be, with easy renaming also. Sadly it doesn't increase the willpower to process as they're taken, maybe gotta get the premium version for that.

D4 is fun, runs great *even on a steam deck*, and plays pretty nice. I just wish I had more people to play it with lol.

Also thanks for the words guys. It's been rough the past few months so it's appreciated.

Finally last, but not least I finished Jedi Survivor. Was a fun game and I did not see any of that coming with the story.

I think they would be 'meh' even if you were into anime. VC 1's story isn't so great, especially at the start. It's the battles that are fun! (And making fun of the game for using child soldiers.)
The best part of that is when I did a little bit of research on the differences between VC1 and VC2, I saw more than one post decrying the story in VC2 and how VC1 was, "More gritty and realistic."

Talk about detached from reality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts