What about subscription platform on all games ?

May 28, 2022
Visit site
I thought, is there a normal game platform where there are all the games,
you just need a subscription, what do you say ? Like Steam 50K games but for 9$ per month.
I wrote, because I am creating a platform and soon we will be funding money on Kickstarter,
we will give this subscription for supporting us, our discord through my profile.
who is interested in the project.
But still, what do you think ?

The closest thing you'll find would be something like Game Pass for PC, or Sony's version of that. There will never be a platform with all games, though, because the various game companies are in competition with each other, and they all want their own piece of the pie.

Reactions: Brian Boru
May 28, 2022
Visit site
The closest thing you'll find would be something like Game Pass for PC, or Sony's version of that. There will never be a platform with all games, though, because the various game companies are in competition with each other, and they all want their own piece of the pie.
yeah, you'r right, thank u

May 28, 2022
Visit site
I don't think Steam would ever do it as above but some publishers who have their own platforms put most games and new releases for a subscription like EA and Ubisoft.
yeah, thank u, but if u play a lot of different games regularly, would u pay 9$ per month to play the games u want? what do u think

Good luck with that, but it wouldn't be something I'd be interested in. I'm probably old fashioned, but I like to own the games I play, install/uninstall when I want to without a monthly subscription. It would probably be attractive to gamers who play a lot of different games, as it might be more cost effective. You'd also be competing with Game Pass which could make for a rough beginning.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Good luck with that, but it wouldn't be something I'd be interested in. I'm probably old fashioned, but I like to own the games I play, install/uninstall when I want to without a monthly subscription. It would probably be attractive to gamers who play a lot of different games, as it might be more cost effective. You'd also be competing with Game Pass which could make for a rough beginning.
I used to be really stubborn about wanting to own my games, like you're saying. But since I caved and got Game Pass, I'm loving it. It's letting me try a bunch of different games that I never would have spent money on.

Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm
hey guys am new in this plateforme i canot do anything here why ?
You have to make a certain number of posts before you get permission to do some things. It's not too many, but I don't know the exact number.

I thought, is there a normal game platform where there are all the games,
you just need a subscription, what do you say ? Like Steam 50K games but for 9$ per month.
I wrote, because I am creating a platform and soon we will be funding money on Kickstarter,
we will give this subscription for supporting us, our discord through my profile.
who is interested in the project.
But still, what do you think ?
I would absolutely sign up for it, but it's very unlikely that most publishers would agree. You're going to be able to pay them very little, and they make a ton of money by selling their games rather than through services. Microsoft is paying out a lot of money to get people on Game Pass. You'd have to concentrate on, well, not so successful games. They didn't earn their money back, so they are willing to try anything.

Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm
The one way this could theoretically work is if it were like itch.io and had just a ton of hobbyist games that anyone could upload. The problem there is that most of the hobbyist games on itch are free, so why would someone pay $9/mo for the same thing on your service. Also, if itch.io told me I could pay $9/mo and play every game there, I wouldn't do it. Most of the games are no good.

what do you think ?
Why not do some quick prelim research—nothing to lose, and it'll give you some great copy for your KickStarter blurb.

Contact Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft—if you're thinking other platforms, then Sony & Nintendo too. Ask them to send you their rates and terms for selling their games on your service.

After this, you'll have a realistic picture of what lies ahead.

TRENDING THREADS