Question Weird buzzing sound coming from my computer

Eye

Dec 1, 2020
Visit site
Hey everyone. I’m just going to get straight to the point. I have a buzzing sound coming from inside of my computer. It sounds like MBO noise but I’m not entirely sure. Does anyone know what it could possibly be? Watch video above to see what I’m talking about

Reactions: Frindis

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Sounds like fan - and a bit of buzzing from HDD.
Potential issue could be one of the cables getting "into" one of the fans, this is quite common source of buzzing/noise. You could check for any loose cables inside your case - and if it's not the case, replacing the fan is another idea you may want to consider.

Reactions: Frindis

Eye

Dec 1, 2020
Visit site
Sounds like fan - and a bit of buzzing from HDD.
Potential issue could be one of the cables getting "into" one of the fans, this is quite common source of buzzing/noise. You could check for any loose cables inside your case - and if it's not the case, replacing the fan is another idea you may want to consider.
That would make sense, I got a cheap fan with this computer and it has caused very strange sounds in the past. I will try looking for loose cables and if nothing works there I will consider getting a new fan. I will keep you updated if it solved it. Thanks for your response

Reactions: OsaX Nymloth
I'd say a fan also. I had a similar rattling-type sound in my older PC, and I thought it was the bearings going out in one of the fans. But it turned out that one of the 4 screws holding the fan in place had come slightly loose (I had 3 fans on the top of that case). So I went through and tightened all the screws and the sound went away.

Reactions: Frindis and Eye
If none of the tips above removes the sound, you could also try to dismantle (plenty of guides on YouTube for that) the fan and use some lubrication (do not use WD-40). If it has been a long time since you have cleaned the cabinet, you could use compressed air while holding the fan and remove any dust that has accumulated on the fan blades.

TRENDING THREADS