Weekend Question: How many games are on your wishlist?

PCG Jody

Staff member
Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
I ask the PCG staff a regular Weekend Question and post the answers on the site. If you'd like to throw in an answer here, I'll squeeze the best into the finished article!

This week's question is: How many games are on your wishlist?

Assuming you have a wishlist, roughly how many games are on it? And do you use Steam's wishlist feature to keep it organized, or is it somewhere else? Do you use your wishlist to ensure you receive notifications when games release or come on sale or come out of Early Access, or do you add games then completely forget about them?

How many games are on your wishlist?
Steam: 272
GOG: 76
Epic: 9

do you use Steam's wishlist feature to keep it organized
Yes, I use the WL feature on the 3 stores above.

Do you use your wishlist to ensure you receive notifications when games release or come on sale or come out of Early Access
Yes, emails for going on sale is the main function I use. I almost never buy unless a game is on sale.

I also use the WLs mainly as a reminder—I'll add a game if a video or review or player comment somewhere like here piques my interest. Whenever it eventually goes on sale for a price I'll consider is when I'll do a bit more in-depth reading to see if it's worth my time. Dollars I can get back; hours, not :)

Current wishlist on Steam sits at 73. Before the Steam Summer Sale started, it was at 83
. Yeah, I bought 10 games this year on the SSS, whereas the past two years I didn't buy anything. Only one of those would be considered a "new" game, that being the Mass Effect Legendary Edition, the rest were older games (at greatly reduced prices) that I either had in boxed cds/dvds, or were games I had on other store fronts that I really wanted on Steam.

I'll wishlist a game on Steam if it interests me so that I can keep track of it; development progress, release projections, updates, ect. It doesn't always mean I'll eventually buy the game, but if I hear/see/or read about a game that sounds interesting to me, whether on PCG or elsewhere, I like to keep track of it to see how it progresses and when it's released, whether in early access or actual final release. On one hand, I've discovered a lot of games, especially Indie games, that I would have never know about otherwise; and on the other hand, it's saved me money by not just buying a game because it sounded or looked good.

My current top 5 Steam Wishlist games:
1-Elex 2
2-System Shock
3-Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
4-Solasta: Crown of the Magister
5-Weird West

Last edited:
My steam wishlist (which is only one I really use) is sitting at 77 right now. Is it organized? LOL no, I don't bother to upkeep it to that extent. Really it is used for two things: (1) Keeping an eye on early access games or games that are yet to release and (2) getting notified when games are on sale. To the first point, my current wishlist is perhaps 50% or more future releases that I'm keeping an eye out for. Especially in the case of indie titles, I primarily do this to remember they exist and to check reviews when they come out. For bigger titles I'll be reminded one way or another that they are out.

I keep my wishlist fairly low. If a game goes on a good sale and its on my list and I still don't buy it, then I usually kick it off the list. I have 12 games now and plan on buying 3 of them for this steam summer sale (Spelunky 2, Baba is You, and Due Process).

I've read the other responses so far and am just going to plead insanity.

The thing is, I don't watch Netflix or television of any sort. When I'm tired in the evening, I just window-shop Steam, spending more time looking for games than actually playing them. I look at all the upcoming games, use the tools they give to pull up niche games, go through my discovery queue, etc. I have meant to actually go through my wishlist and start removing games, but even then I have a problem, and my thinking goes something like "There are tens of thousands of games on Steam. If I remove this from my wishlist, I'll never find it again..."

But I'm going to clear it out eventually because it's pretty useless the way it is. Just for the record, it has 760 games on it. As I said, it's not my fault. It's the insanity.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Could be worse. Could be buying them so you've got 1000+ games in your Steam account. ;)

It is becoming clear that Steam could use a "delete entire wish list" feature, though. It would be easier to just start a whole new account than to clean out a list of 200+ items! Maybe make the user put in the password to do so.

• Love
Reactions: ZedClampet
Shh… You promised to keep that secret…
Let the wishy-washies bounce around in their comfy pads, thinking they're the worst :devilish:

Shush. I've got 985 games and that's completely normal. :rolleyes: Of course, I've been a Humble Choice member since it launched and have bought a lot of other bundles where I only wanted one or two games but the whole bundle price was cheaper than the regular prices of the games I wanted.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
checks Steam

Geralt_Hmm_Banner.jpg

234 games on my wishlist.

I buy 5 games

256 games on my wishlist

IT NEVER ENDS

Jun 21, 2021
Visit site
Could be worse. Could be buying them so you've got 1000+ games in your Steam account. ;)

It is becoming clear that Steam could use a "delete entire wish list" feature, though. It would be easier to just start a whole new account than to clean out a list of 200+ items! Maybe make the user put in the password to do so.
Well, you could install the Steam Database extension to your browser, it got the option to "Empty Wishlist".

Edit: Well, I've made a huge leap by clicking that "Empty Wishlist" button (but not before saving the list, an option the extension give to us, in a .txt file). Wish me luck guys, I'll re-"wishlist" the titles that I REALLY wanted to buy, not just on a whim.:giggle:

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS