Upgrade ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2021
Visit site
Lately I've been struggling with lags/fps drops while playing warzone, even with all settings on the lowest. Game is also very slow in menu and when tabbing in/out of the game. I've been wondering lately if upgrading my ram will make my pc perform better. My current build contains the following:
Intel core i5-7600
MSI GeForce gtx 1060 6gb
MSI b250 motherboard
Kingston value DDR4 2400mhz 8gb

Do you guys think upgrading the ram to 16/32 GB will make any difference, and if so, what mhz and gb is recommended?

Thanks for any help.

Do you guys think upgrading the ram to 16/32 GB will make any difference
I doubt it, 8 GB should do fine for most games.

I'm not familiar with Warzone, but there have been a number of threads here about problems with it in the last month or so—check the FPS or General Gaming forums.

Looking at Activision's spec page, it's possible your PC is on the lower end—specs tend to be for ideal configs with nothing else running to interfere, ie not much related to real life.

They say DirectX 12 is required, you got that?

While they recommend 12-16 GB RAM, the problems you mention in menus etc and on lowest settings suggest something else is amiss. Try closing and turning off whatever else is running before launching the game, and don't have any gaming 'extras' running, like GeForce Experience or Windows GameBar, or Steam overlay or… or….

Have you the latest driver from Nvidia? If not, make a system disk image and get it.
Conversely, if you have the latest, disk image and then roll back the driver to an earlier one.

Nov 24, 2020
Visit site
Lately I've been struggling with lags/fps drops while playing warzone, even with all settings on the lowest. Game is also very slow in menu and when tabbing in/out of the game. I've been wondering lately if upgrading my ram will make my pc perform better. My current build contains the following:
Intel core i5-7600
MSI GeForce gtx 1060 6gb
MSI b250 motherboard
Kingston value DDR4 2400mhz 8gb

Do you guys think upgrading the ram to 16/32 GB will make any difference, and if so, what mhz and gb is recommended?

Thanks for any help.
I doubt it, 8 GB should do fine for most games.

I'm not familiar with Warzone, but there have been a number of threads here about problems with it in the last month or so—check the FPS or General Gaming forums.

Looking at Activision's spec page, it's possible your PC is on the lower end—specs tend to be for ideal configs with nothing else running to interfere, ie not much related to real life.

They say DirectX 12 is required, you got that?

While they recommend 12-16 GB RAM, the problems you mention in menus etc and on lowest settings suggest something else is amiss. Try closing and turning off whatever else is running before launching the game, and don't have any gaming 'extras' running, like GeForce Experience or Windows GameBar, or Steam overlay or… or….

Have you the latest driver from Nvidia? If not, make a system disk image and get it.
Conversely, if you have the latest, disk image and then roll back the driver to an earlier one.

Agree thanks for the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS