Tomb Raider (2013) - Insanely abrupt Jump in difficulty?

Hello

So I'm playing the Shantytown big shootout where you have to 'get to the gate',(near the Tomb of Wells)... the one that never seems to end.

I've pretty well breezed through most of the fights pretty well, and yet all of a sudden the difficulty for this one shootout bit has gone off the charts.

I've played it like 20+ times (long plays and lost always near the end)

Am I missing something obvious I should be doing in this bit?
I blow up as many drums as I can when they're near - but I can't see much else that I'm missing?

I have what I believe to be the best strategy - I stay on the roof tops to the right of the Gate (when you are facing it)...

I have it on the second highest Difficulty I think ? (not the normal one).
Also - I have all the weapon and ability upgrades available to me etc.

The one weird thing is that there is often an unnecessarily long pause midway through the fight where no one comes for me but the music is playing... goes for ages with nothing happening then all of a sudden loads of them are on me and they nearly kill me (cheap mechanic).

Anyone else get that massive pause?

I've had LOADS of game breaking glitches thus far so I'm wondering if something is wrong here?

So any tips - all ears (apart from drop the difficulty - not doing that).

Thanks for your help

@Brian Boru

Hey - so I finally found it was yet another game breaking bug.

I spent 2 nights - several hours each - literally just trying to get past this bug.
That's even after I found out about it.

So many people had this online and there was so much confusion about what would actually fix it.

Pretty furious as this was one of the worst I've ever encountered.

Instead of a shoot out with like 8 guys and that's that... it was a shootout with probably 75-100 guys at least (seriously)... taking about 15 minutes. Or at least that's about as far as I could get before I would die.

It made no sense.

Now I am more aware just how bad glitches can get I'm not going to waste as much time trying to get past without doing more research to find an answer.

Grrrrr....

But 'this glitch' at least is solved and I got to move on (so I can search for the next glitch).

:p

Reactions: Brian Boru

Zloth

Community Contributor
Now I am more aware just how bad glitches can get I'm not going to waste as much time trying to get past without doing more research to find an answer.
I remember in Witcher 3 there was an encounter with a bunch of rats. You would be roughly 10th (?) level at the time and the rats were very much lower, but there would be a bunch of them to make the fight interesting. Except I had the "scale up enemies to my level" difficulty option turned on, so each one of these rats was strong enough to take down a grizzly bear! The fight did not go well. I eventually found out what was going on, switched the option off, and got through the encounter but there were several.... mystical incantations uttered that night.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru
@Brian Boru

Hey - so I finally found it was yet another game breaking bug.

I spent 2 nights - several hours each - literally just trying to get past this bug.
That's even after I found out about it.

So many people had this online and there was so much confusion about what would actually fix it.

Pretty furious as this was one of the worst I've ever encountered.

Instead of a shoot out with like 8 guys and that's that... it was a shootout with probably 75-100 guys at least (seriously)... taking about 15 minutes. Or at least that's about as far as I could get before I would die.

It made no sense.

Grrrrr....

But 'this glitch' at least is solved and I got to move on (so I can search for the next glitch).

:p
Wow, that's crazy. I never ran into anything like that. I wonder why yours glitched like that and mine didn't.

@Zloth

That rats thing sounds pretty wacky.... were they normal sized rats?
Would they smack you across the room with their little claws?

Must have looked odd.

@WoodenSaucer

Maybe slightly different updated versions of the game, hardware - who knows.

But I ran into a similar problem with Boris the giant on the Endurance (boat).
It simply would not let you complete the final melee to kill him.

Just like in the endless shootout - my hands and forearms were literally sore and tense as hell trying to get the damn levels to end - but they never stopped.

There are just soo many people online with exactly the same glitches or variations - that it's just not funny.

I had several other things where the game was just broken. You had to jump up onto the plane in a tomb and it just would not let me... stuff like that.

I found in the end the best solution 'seemed to be' (I say that cause like most people - you try a million things and are never quite sure what fixed things in the end).... anyway... it seemed that going back to another campsite, clicking in then out, or redoing a tomb challenge etc seems to be the best solution to most these things (i think) ???

I hope that kind of solution might help in other glitchy games? I dunno.... any advice in general for this sort of thing?

Hope that might help someone.

TRENDING THREADS