The Currently Playing & Random Game Thoughts Thread (14 August to 20 August)

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
@ZedClampet
I was talking to our small green friend, Dominar 'Frindis' Rygel XVI, his profile pic (may have had to Google that part).

I do appreciate you saying though. :D I'm sure you look magnificent, but now whenever I see a man in an overly large raincoat on a hot day I'll probably think of you.
Why, that is Dominar, isn't it? My vision isn't good enough to really tall what most of these avatars are, and my knowledge of Dominar is non-existent except for what he looks like, and I'm not sure why I know that.

As for the raincoat, everyone wants to see that. Don't lie to yourself. :p

Yeah, I know that has nothing to do with what you said, but I'd already thought of that comeback, and I didn't want to waste it.

You Couldn't Care Less Post #3057

So I felt like I had way too much money, so I went to Amazon the other day and searched for a mouse and then just wandered through the results and came across the Logitech G300s Ambidextrous mouse that has four extra buttons on the top of the mouse.

40705f6e-69b2-4bd2-b240-bc6dccef6abb.fad7bf5962fe05a6d8cf922e89f0e3c4.jpeg

Note: Picture is 300 times larger than the actual product.

These have been around forever and I'd actually had one many years ago, but I had forgotten about it. I love binding keys to mouse buttons, and this seemed perfect. Why had I ever stopped using it? So I ordered one.

Turns out, the reason I probably stopped using it is because there's not enough space between the wheel and the buttons, and, overall, the mouse is just really small. When your hands were apparently designed for swatting birds out of the air, you need something a little bigger.

I'm still going to give it a go, but this looks like one for the box. I would try to give it to my wife, but I just gave her a mouse, and, for some reason, she doesn't feel the need to change her mouse every few weeks, even if the new one is really cool. She did scream "It lights up!" when I gave her the last one, though, so that's progress.

So I felt like I had way too much money, so I went to Amazon the other day and searched for a mouse and then just wandered through the results and came across the Logitech G300s Ambidextrous mouse that has four extra buttons on the top of the mouse.
I had way too much money, so I bought one of these $1790 trash bags.

my great example
You shouldn't stress yourself so, Maestro. Let us acolytes lighten your load so you can focus on carrying @Kovanen on your broad head flaps or hair style, keeping him 2 feet off the ground.

I was talking to
Don't mind Zed, he's himself today—why, @WoodenSaucer just became his fav poster! Imagine being afflicted with such a judgement-impairing malady…

When your hands were apparently designed for swatting birds out of the air
You too, huh? Yeah when I saw your pic, my thought was for me it would be 50-50 between clicking and button pressing.

Ambidextrous
You a Leftie?

I love binding keys to mouse buttons
Have you tried MMO mice? I love the idea of binding keys to buttons, but this baby cured me of that illusion:
WLuIHC3.png

I could never recall which button had which command AND locate said button accurately in the array, quickly enough to be even remotely useful. Using it did make me thankful I didn't have voice commands activated though…

I had way too much money, so I bought one of these $1790 trash bags.
They've got you! It'll break your bank buying trash good enough to dump in that!

Don't mind Zed, he's himself today
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river, and he's not the same man.
You a Leftie?
No, I like that an ambidextrous mouse has more buttons I can program.
Have you tried MMO mice?
If all those buttons don't do the same thing, I'm screwed. A hen would have a better chance of diffusing a bomb than I would of hitting the right button in a timely manner.

Played some more Ghost Watchers against my will, but I actually liked it this time. I recognized more of the significant differences between this game and the others, and thought they were, for the most part, pretty good ideas. The end of each mission involves weakening the ghost and throwing a Ghostbusters/Pokémon-like ball at them to capture them. We were playing on Normal difficulty and won the first two rounds, but we had to abandon the last round because of a bug. Guido completed the last step and then smacked in the chest with the pokeball, and she just ignored both things and killed him. So then I tried it, and when the first step didn't work, I took off running. If everyone dies, no one gets any money.

I do think some of their achievements could be more complementary of my mad skills:
ghost-watchers.png

Look, just because you didn't put jumping in your game doesn't mean I can't still hit the spacebar, and there's zero chance that I spent 10 consecutive minutes in the truck because there's nothing to do in there except for trading out equipment or buying something that you've run out of. It must mean 10 cumulative minutes, which is hardly an earth-shattering achievement.

Have you tried MMO mice? I love the idea of binding keys to buttons, but this baby cured me of that illusion:
WLuIHC3.png

I could never recall which button had which command AND locate said button accurately in the array, quickly enough to be even remotely useful. Using it did make me thankful I didn't have voice commands activated though…

They've got you! It'll break your bank buying trash good enough to dump in that!

I had a mouse with two buttons on the side and already had a hard time not pressing the wrong one in the heat of battle. Though even more annoying was that the buttons also worked as the back and forward buttons for browsers and I would frequently accidentally back out of a website.

I had a mouse with two buttons on the side and already had a hard time not pressing the wrong one in the heat of battle. Though even more annoying was that the buttons also worked as the back and forward buttons for browsers and I would frequently accidentally back out of a website.
I'm not sure how you are finding a gaming mouse without the backward/forward buttons. Seems like they are on everything, but that's good for me. I always map keys to them.

Reactions: Pifanjr
I'm not sure how you are finding a gaming mouse without the backward/forward buttons. Seems like they are on everything, but that's good for me. I always map keys to them.

I used a cheap office mouse for quite a while. Though I just checked and apparently the mouse with two buttons is currently hooked up to the desktop. I didn't even realize we were using it. I haven't played a game where I would have a use for those buttons in forever.

Reactions: mainer
I used a cheap office mouse for quite a while. Though I just checked and apparently the mouse with two buttons is currently hooked up to the desktop. I didn't even realize we were using it. I haven't played a game where I would have a use for those buttons in forever.
I almost always find a use for them, whether it's making one of them "M" to open the map without having to cross the keyboard to hit "M". and maybe "I" for inventory. In V Rising, besides map, I had my 3 main skills mapped to 3 extra buttons. In Spider-man I have dodge mapped to one. In Total War, I map <Home> to one of the buttons, so I can easily go back to my capital.

The only game I haven't used them lately is Planet Crafter because it didn't have any keys on the right side of the keyboard that I needed to use and also no combat.

Last edited:
I still prefer my Rat 8 over any of the mice I've seen or tried, it's size and weight are adjustable, solid metal frame, and very few side buttons (which I like because I never program them anyway). I've been using Rats instead of mice since the Rat 5 released years ago. They're not for everyone, but it fits my "claw grip" perfectly, and is weighty enough to keep my right hand from spazzing off the mouse pad like I tend to do with lightweight mice.
IJ6oTfY.jpg

4kVAr06.jpg

On a Random Thought note, we're finally getting some rain here in Maine today (tonight & tomorrow as well). Most of the state is about 8 inches under normal rainfall and experiencing a severe drought, with many people outside municipal water systems having their wells either go dry or pumping up sediment. We've had no appreciable rain since mid-June, and most days have been 80-90+ degrees; very un-Maine-like. Whether it's a result of global warming or not, the weather patterns have definitely changed here in the past 30 years or so.

I still prefer my Rat 8 over any of the mice I've seen or tried, it's size and weight are adjustable, solid metal frame, and very few side buttons (which I like because I never program them anyway).
That looks interesting. I put it on my shopping list. I like the side-scroll thingy. From endless mouse shopping, I can tell you 4 side buttons are actually more than almost every mouse not an mmo mouse. I'm not sure I could differentiate between those four buttons very well, though. The Sensei 10 that I'm using also has 4 side buttons, but it's two on the left and 2 on the right.

I still prefer my Rat 8 over any of the mice I've seen or tried, it's size and weight are adjustable, solid metal frame, and very few side buttons (which I like because I never program them anyway). I've been using Rats instead of mice since the Rat 5 released years ago. They're not for everyone, but it fits my "claw grip" perfectly, and is weighty enough to keep my right hand from spazzing off the mouse pad like I tend to do with lightweight mice.
IJ6oTfY.jpg

4kVAr06.jpg

On a Random Thought note, we're finally getting some rain here in Maine today (tonight & tomorrow as well). Most of the state is about 8 inches under normal rainfall and experiencing a severe drought, with many people outside municipal water systems having their wells either go dry or pumping up sediment. We've had no appreciable rain since mid-June, and most days have been 80-90+ degrees; very un-Maine-like. Whether it's a result of global warming or not, the weather patterns have definitely changed here in the past 30 years or so.

It looks like a transformer 🤖

Here's the high-tech beauty I use.

41RKN2B2RjL._AC_.jpg
I've got one like that that cost $5 years ago at Wal-mart. The only difference is that it has the two buttons on the side. I use it almost every day with my secondary laptop, and the incredible thing is that I've never changed the battery. I wish I knew exactly how old it was, but it's old. The battery probably should have died at least 4 times by now given that it was supposed to last 3 years.

It also tracks remarkably well, and I use it on my bed without a mouse pad.

It also tracks remarkably well, and I use it on my bed without a mouse pad.
It's precise enough that I use it for my art, which is about all I use that laptop for. I've tried gaming mice, but I'm used to how this one tracks now. I can only paint bald people hahahaha. I'm also impatient and never finished the back of his head. Actually, I remember now. She was a girl in a blue denim dress and holding a bottle to her mouth. I have to look off pictures. It's almost like I don't know what people look like if I don't have a picture in front of me.

babybaby.png

It's precise enough that I use it for my art, which is about all I use that laptop for. I've tried gaming mice, but I'm used to how this one tracks now. I can only paint bald people hahahaha. I'm also impatient and never finished the back of his head. Actually, I remember now. She was a girl in a blue denim dress and holding a bottle to her mouth. I have to look off pictures. It's almost like I don't know what people look like if I don't have a picture in front of me.

babybaby.png
You digitally painted that? That's great, man!

TRENDING THREADS