Question Stuttering after loading into games?

Nov 10, 2020
Visit site
Hi! I posted this on Tom's Hardware as well. I've been having an issue with my pc for quite a while now, and it's an issue with game loading. No matter what game I play, the game never finishes loading at the loading screen. Fortnite for instance, I have a normal loading screen. Then, once I'm on the island with other players, I get a heavy stutter until all the textures load in. After that, I get another heavy stutter when I launch off of the bus as it loads the island. I could even get a stutter when firing a gun for the first time or breaking a wall. It isn't just limited to Fortnite, but it's my best example. I have an RTX 2080ti, Ryzen 5 3600x, and 32gb of ram clocked at 3000mhz. Is it an issue with my hard drive? It also happens on my SSD, but not quite as bad. It happens in a multitude of games, but please tell me if I should be testing with any game in particular; especially one small enough so I could easily move it between drives. Just in case, here is a link to my userbenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/35040266. Anyway, thank you!

TRENDING THREADS